This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Clan Battle
Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 24, 2003 09:33 PM            
It Happened!!
Now I know there is going to be a lot of brim and fire, so let me put out what I think are the sticking points:
  • What to do when non-clan members join
  • What to do when NEW, Unannounced clans show up
  • What to do about map rotation, if anything

Post your points here.
    I, for one, think that the non-clan members should get a clue and leave the server when asked. Certainly their frags won't count, but what about the deaths they caused?

The new clan should have announced themselves first. New clans are welcome, but shouldnt' be a surprise, and get given their own color flag, just like other clans

As for map rotation, I can think of a few ideas. One is to let it be. Let the luck of the gods decide. Another way is the let the clans decide the maps. DNX gets December, BWL gets November (being a bunch of turkeys ), LWA gets October.. something like that. Another idea would be to have each clan PULL OUT a map that they just can't stand and let the gods choose what map plays... There are many ideas that could work.
    Let the flaming begin!

IP:

• Irascible
    posted August 24, 2003 09:41 PM            
    -Make it a private address.
    -New clans aren't, as far as I know.
    -Improve it. You don't need a bunch of procedure to determine rotation. The admins have been playing long enough to know what maps are liked and which aren't. And I mean by most peeps, not by you Devil. :P

IP:

posted August 24, 2003 09:54 PM            
    This was so cool! We will be having a clan battle every month. OH YES! This is so very cool!

The lag was not bad...except when GA joined late...LOL

The water fighting on High Plateau was excellent. A very different strategy where laser, mass driver, and avenger rule. I image that Bam was camping and shooting. That’s why the low death count.

Yes, There is a different strategy for every map.

The spawn fragging was not there. Mind you, everyone was courtesy if they did spawn in a site.

The rutting was not bad….yes…I had a cool time.

------------------
    Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

posted August 24, 2003 10:02 PM            
    Below is the play list of the clan maps. If you want to order them, fine. But I would like to see that they are all used...need a variety.

Clan Clay Hills
    Clan DM Pugmill
    Clan DM Green Monster
    Clan DM High Plateau
    Clan DM Didgeridoo
    Clan DM Spikey
    Clan DM Black Mesa
    Clan Head Land
    Clan Deer Hunter
    Clan Mosquito
    Clan The Ramp
    Clan Pinnacle
    Clan Hell Crossing
    Clan Simian Isle
    Clan The Rack
    Clan Barren Lake
    Clan Bull
    Clan Scarab
    Clan Not The Goat
    Clan Banks
    Clan Lions Pass
    Clan Gravitor
    Clan The River
    Clan Windchill

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
    posted August 24, 2003 10:05 PM            
    I have no say in DDM's - ranked or otherwise because its not a DMF event - but I just wanted to take this opportunity to RUB BWL's NOSE IN IT and say:

[size=6]
    WELL DONE DNX IM DAMN PROUD OF YA !!!
    [/size]

Ni, BZP, Superunknown-VP & Goku Did AMAZINGLY WELL all things cosidered taking ALL THREE GAMES BY STORM despite the fact that BWL had the most players

Sorry for having a big head over this but im SOOO PROUD of my guys Success tonight

I hear we have a new Clan around too - a good thing to see ..... T3S (The 3 Stooges) or so im told U guys should register DMF and grab a forum

------------------
    -=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺™
    -
    §Ìģ ©2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Irascible
    posted August 24, 2003 10:10 PM            
    The debate that may come is fine. But this is simply solved by putting it to a vote. The two obvious choices are random suckage or choose specific and popular maps. If the admins can't or won't choose, then I like Sue's idea of letting clans choose on a rotating schedule. Whichever way it goes, perhaps the selection method that is agreed upon can extend to DDMs.

If you see this Coax, please add Melon's numbers for game three to the stats.

You can get the full sized pics HERE if you want to see the numbers better. It would probably be easier to use Killer's stats HERE . Though they don't match the pictures exactly. It's your turn to do the stats Coax! Seriously dude, help a brother out. If some DNXers get impatient waiting for THIS to be updated, talk to your clan mate.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited August 25, 2003).]

IP:

Paranor
    posted August 24, 2003 10:50 PM            
    Congrats to DNX. Normally I would blame it on a system glitch, pure luck or the phase of the moon but you guys only had 4 players compared to our 5.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
    posted August 24, 2003 11:09 PM            
    121 adjusted frags compared to BWL's 30 is more than a system glitch - but thx for the compliment, its graciously accepted

Click below for stats:
    http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/content/TMServers/recentEvent.php?GAMEDATE=2003-08-25&eventid=44&eventname=DDM:%20Ranked%20Clan%20Battle&dname=LDA%20Community%20DDM%20Server

Well done to everyone that played

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited August 24, 2003).]

IP:

mELON cRACKER
    posted August 24, 2003 11:53 PM            
    It was only 4 for BWL for about half of the last game.

The last thing I saw in Game 3 was someone saying "The ping is out of control" or something like that. Then my screen froze. Then I got a "You have been disconnected from Juno". I didn't bother trying to reboot and reconnect. I wouldn't have got back in before the game was over, and the reconnecting would screw people up.

It really kind of stunk on dial up when the Three Jerkoffs kept disconnecting and reconnecting. It would introduce a bunch of lag. Being on dialup, I dont have that much bandwidth to waste.

Personally, I vote PRIVATE SERVER from now on. However, unless we can find a private server with a fat pipe, we will have to have more lag to have less foolishness.

[BWL]mELONcRACKER

[This message has been edited by mELON cRACKER (edited August 24, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
    posted August 25, 2003 12:10 AM            
    Private server is easy enough to do. Shall we let that one be decided upon then?
    That takes care of problem #2 also, as the server address/password would ONLY be shared among the clan representatives, who would then share them among their members. I like the idea!!

IP:

Irascible
    posted August 25, 2003 12:10 AM            
    (Edit: I posted that I thought it could be made a private IP. But Sue replied before I did. I made no mention of 666 being a wimp. But I'm not disagreeing. )

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited August 25, 2003).]

IP:

posted August 25, 2003 12:17 AM            
    I am going to move the map rotation and selection to a separate thread because it will get lost in this one. I will copy what Susan has already said.

And I am not a wimp!

IP:

posted August 25, 2003 01:54 AM            
    Melon...thanks for taking in to consideration the lag effect for the other players, thus not rejoining the match. We all appreciate.

IP:

SuperUnknown
    Administrator
    posted August 25, 2003 03:28 AM            
    Yeah was fun to have one of these again.

And what Ras said, make it a private IP. We've done that in the past and it worked good.

Kinda like the idea of each clan picking maps also. Guess you could ask them to pick there top 5 or so and add the ones that show up the most when results come in.

OH yeah,DNX oWnz ju n00bz

IP:

-DNX-Ni
    posted August 25, 2003 07:56 AM            
    I'm all for the private IP. Iknow myself along with a few other dialuppers experienced major lag in spurts where people (mostly) logging on and logging off.

I say, everyone who's playing has to be on by the end of the 1st official game, and noone can leave until the end of the 3rd game, unless uncontrollable circumstances arise.

IP:

Paranor
    posted August 25, 2003 08:20 AM            
    Matrix, what adjusted frags?

How often is a clan war? If it's like every 4 or 6 weeks, then I will find time to setup a server. It's doing it weekly that kinda got in my way.

IP:

KiLlEr
    posted August 25, 2003 09:25 AM            
    All you really need to do is just change the port number and mark the server as Private on LogScan's Server admin panel. WE do have the means to change the dedicated.cfg on any of the community servers from remote.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 25, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
    posted August 25, 2003 10:06 AM            
    Par,
    Clan Battle is every 4th Sunday of the month now. Every 4-5 weeks, depending on the month. Next one is Sept 28th (the weekend of the DMF, Revenge of Doh! Tournament, too). Mark your calendars early!!

Adjusted frags is Total frags - deaths, and is a measure of SKILL (or ability to back away when flaming )

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
    posted August 25, 2003 11:22 AM            
    And our combined skill rating was in the 40's Not bloody bad if i do say so myself - and i guess the strategy works too.

IP:

KiLlEr
    posted August 25, 2003 11:45 AM            
    actually Sue adjusted frags is:

Frags - (Deaths + Suicides)

Just a little different.

Skill is computed as:

100 - ( ( 100 * Deaths ) / (1 + Raw Frags ) )

IP:

posted August 25, 2003 02:28 PM            
    You know what is very cool...no one is complaining about rutted maps or spawn fragging. Don't you remember? That use to be the only things players talked about after a DDM or Clan battle. We could never get past the horrible experience of the stock maps.

Now we are doing the final tweaking of server to get stats.

This is very cool!

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
    posted August 25, 2003 02:58 PM            
    Let me get this straight...
    the Adjusted frags takes into account Suicides, right. You already got TM "penalizing" for them, so you get penalize a second time, too? Or is this just taking into account the fact that LogScan still reports a suicide as a frag? Just curious here.

IP:

Irascible
    posted August 25, 2003 03:20 PM            
    Yeah, it is cool little Napoleon. But you have one other issue that's taken the other two's place. Muwahahahahaaaaaa! :^)

(And I... err, it ain't going away. :^P)

IP:

KiLlEr
    posted August 25, 2003 03:47 PM            
    There is no penalization dear

a frag is a frag
    a suicide is a suicide
    a death is a death

Suicides are obtained frm the message:
    xxx destroyed themselves with yyy

xxx gets a suicide point under logscan

Where as Frags and Deaths are obtained from the message:
    xxx destroyed yyy with zzz

xxx gets a frag point under logscan
    yyy gets a death point under logscan

So the Frags is actually the Raw frags untouched by any form of penalization.

And for completness:
    The world destroyed xxx with yyy

xxx gets a death point under logscan

IP:

posted August 25, 2003 11:36 PM            
    I forget...which hand goes in to the buttoned vest on my chest. Have to get the picture right you know.

------------------

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2