|
Author Topic:   battletank sso beta
Rex R
posted August 22, 2003 01:24 AM            
right just made an sso version of the battletank. might anyone care to try it out?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 22, 2003 01:57 AM            
Sure...put up a server and I'll be happy to check it out.

IP:

Rex R
posted August 22, 2003 02:14 AM            
I'ld have cap the players at 1 since I'm on dial-up

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 22, 2003 03:38 AM            
Okay...then send it to my email. I'll stick up the 85 weapon server with that added. What do you think?

IP:

Rex R
posted August 22, 2003 04:17 AM            
hmmm I'll send it later currently it has a testing weight (800) that needs to be pared down and a pickup sound that should be fixed before plopping it on a server (holdover from jv that I haven't tracked down yet)

IP:

Rex R
posted August 22, 2003 01:08 PM            
I've toned down the weight and lowered the volume amongst other things. hope it works

IP:

wolfman
posted August 22, 2003 04:55 PM            
Cool - can't wait to check it out - thanks. JT

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 23, 2003 01:35 AM            
Got the email and the file! Thanks much, Rex R!

I used a different mesh than the one you picked out. I've been using 3D Browser Light to look at the meshes in 3D just by clicking on them so I had a good idea which one to choose. I think you'll like it as far as I know...no one has used this SSO mesh to date.

Only a few more minutes before I put up a test server with just the SSO version. Get ready to connect!

IP:

Rex R
posted August 23, 2003 03:36 AM            
sorta what I had in mind, was to make it easy to change. just make sure the mesh has been triangleated or you wont see anything in game

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 23, 2003 03:43 AM            
Okay...server's up. Stock maps/weapons. 1 second weapon spawn points. This is a fast moving, up close, high scoring type server. Sitting still will only get yer tank waxed by the Battle Tank.

No gold boxes, machine guns, wasps, avengers, airstrikes, mass drivers, plasma guns, plasma mines, cruises, shadows, MRL's, or matter bombs.

Basically swarmers, R-grenades, SSO Battle Tank, Nuke, 120mm, and standard ammo and health boxes.

I think the cratering of the Battle Tank weapon might have to be toned down a bit. Let me know what you all think.

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited August 23, 2003).]

IP:

Rex R
posted August 23, 2003 04:19 AM            
interesting. which mesh is it? yeah the cratering is a bit much (not surprising since it came from the cruise ). one thing I've noticed about slow projectiles (in general) is they have a nasty pitching prob, they all do it just the longer ones its more noticiable.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 23, 2003 04:52 AM            
I've emailed the file back to you, Rex R! I'm sure you'll see which one I'm talking about! It would even make a nice anti-tank weapon mesh!

IP:

Rex R
posted August 23, 2003 05:20 AM            
got it. just haven't looked at it yet(so little to do, and so much time to do it in...strike that, reverse it )

IP:

wolfman
posted August 23, 2003 12:23 PM            
Awesome job guys. JT
Have even added the wpn to the screwed up wpns server cause it so wild. Thanks.
JT

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 23, 2003 05:34 PM            
I enjoyed the server and the battle tank SSO.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP: