|
Author Topic:   help help help!
buick 8
unregistered
posted August 21, 2003 12:00 AM           
hi yal. b here missed you so much. -------mmm...so tm severs went down ? yeah something got my computer too. ITS GONE so ive got this real slow older one to take its place , its sad . -------after i click play treadmarks this pops up {CRITICAL FAILURE}-{could not initialize acceptable open GL rendering context!}--------please help me figer out what this means --- also --- pray for me that i might get a realy good chance that i will be playing tm online with yaw agine --------------------------from big mountians in w.v. this is john - buick 8------@ farandaway@verizon.net -------------

IP:

VorDesigns
posted August 21, 2003 01:18 AM            
John, err, Burikate,

Video no go, fix busty one.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 21, 2003 03:25 AM            
I've gotten that error before.. trying to remeber what saved me. Was it the reinstallation of TM or getting updated drivers (I had a voodoo3 vid card and needed to update to wicked GL drivers). Give updating your drivers a shot, especially if it is an older graphics card.

IP:

SA
posted August 21, 2003 06:25 AM         
It's really a shame that LDA did away with the software renderer that was included with v1.01 of Tread Marks. Yes it was slow, but it would run on PC's that did not have a 3D accelerator or which had broken OpenGL support.

These days every video card including even onboard Intel video has OpenGL support so OpenGL compatibility problems are really a thing of the past.

My bet is that buick 8's old PC simply does not have a 3D accelerator in it. In that case, he is really out of luck at running the game. WickedGL will only help 3dfx graphics cards since it is an OpenGL driver specifically written for them.

[This message has been edited by SA (edited August 21, 2003).]

IP: