|
Author Topic:   Info Needed
SA
posted August 20, 2003 04:02 AM         
I haven't played Tread Marks since v1.01, and it appears the game has changed quite a bit since then (or else I just don't remember how it used to be). In any case, I need some questions answered since the eGames release of Tread Marks comes with no manual.

1. Is there any way to get a crosshair? Aiming without one is a big limitation.

2. Does Tread Marks have force-feedback functionality? If so, how do you enable it? Tread Marks is perfectly suited for force-feedback, but it does not appear that it supports it.

3. Is there a command console, and if so, how do you invoke it? Also, if there is a console, how do you get a list of commands?

4. Are maps and models downloadable from the game server, or do you have to acquire them outside of the game?

Finally, I used to have a Tron-style tank that some user made. (I believe it was actually one of the first user-made tanks for this game.) Does anyone know where I can download it or one like it?

[This message has been edited by SA (edited August 20, 2003).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 20, 2003 04:24 AM            
Welcome back to the game, SA!

I'll try to tackle yer answers the best that I can.

quote:
1. Is there any way to get a crosshair? Aiming without one is a big limitation.

Nope. Not unless you paste a clear one on yer screen. Sorry.

quote:
2. Does Tread Marks have force-feedback functionality? If so, how do you enable it? Tread Marks is perfectly suited for force-feedback, but it does not appear that it supports it.

Not that I'm aware of. I have a ton of joysticks, wheels, and controllers that I can use and non of the force feedback ones are activated by TreadMarks. Of course, LDA would be the best people to ask to see if they will be working on that in the future.

quote:
3. Is there a command console, and if so, how do you invoke it? Also, if there is a console, how do you get a list of commands?

Command console? Not sure quite what yer asking but Tread Marks does allow certain commands to be added to the shortcut. Please explain further.

quote:
4. Are maps and models downloadable from the game server, or do you have to acquire them outside of the game?

You'll have to get them from outside the game before you connect. Most of the game servers will tell you where to get the mods. There are a few people who are hosting the mods/maps on their site.

quote:
Finally, I used to have a Tron-style tank that some user made. (I believe it was actually one of the first user-made tanks for this game.) Does anyone know where I can download it or one like it?

If you can't find the tank on anyone's site, I'll be happy to send you a copy of that tank. It comes in 2 flavors, Red and Blue.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 20, 2003 04:57 AM            
Welcome "back" to the TM community m8 - Noper (as far as i know) made the Tron tanks - and yeah theyre pretty sweet.

To see what ppl have managed, check out the Anarchy Pack available from DMF (on my sig) Boomstick Joes for CTF / Armageddon etc, & JVortex's Storm Racer Pack (which im currently making a booster pack for).

IP:

Rex R
posted August 20, 2003 05:26 AM            
re: item #3
if you're refering to the sort of console like they have in quake or unreal then as far as I know the answer is no.
edit
bunch of stuff here http://server2049.virtualave.net/jvortex/html/TM/Index.html

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited August 20, 2003).]

IP:

wolfman
posted August 20, 2003 07:29 AM            
Zeus, Ripper, Telenuke, or Firebase - were any of these weapons ever completed? Thanks JT

IP:

SA
posted August 20, 2003 01:23 PM         
Thanks for all of the replies. You took care of all of my questions, but I have a couple of new ones.

1. Is it possible to switch from the mounted weapon to the default cannon (without expending all of the mounted weapon's ammo), and if so how?

2. There appear to be more controls available than can be defined from the menu. Does anyone have a comprehensive list?

I found the old forum thread about the Tron tank at http://206.222.78.140/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000409.html

Sadly, Noper's website appears to be gone.

I did find the tank at http://server2049.virtualave.net/jvortex/dloads/TM/tanks/Tron.zip though.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 20, 2003 03:07 PM            
quote:

1. Is it possible to switch from the mounted weapon to the default cannon (without expending all of the mounted weapon's ammo), and if so how?

No. Maybe in Tread Marks 2...when it gets done.

quote:
2. There appear to be more controls available than can be defined from the menu. Does anyone have a comprehensive list?

More controls? What do you mean? There are certain things that can be done with the game server that will globabaly affect clients that aren't entities...

IP:

SA
posted August 20, 2003 03:41 PM         
quote:

More controls? What do you mean?

Controls as in move left, right, forward, backward, etc. I don't believe that all of the controls in the game can be set from the GUI.

IP: