|
Author Topic:   Shutting down, unless?
KONG
posted August 18, 2003 11:55 PM            
Yep, my site at Http://treadmarks.ath.cx will be shutting down soon.

You remember that place, with the master packs and stuffff.

It seems I have had other things to do lately and I have been neglecting the site.
So I will be closing down soon.

Unless some brave and determined soul would like to take over admin duties and keep the site alive?

If you have the inclination to do this, lemme know via email or IM.

You really dont need any html knowledge to do this. You will have ftp access as well. An e-mail account will also be provided for your added amusement.

Thanks for your attention

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 19, 2003 04:52 AM            
This sounds like a job for Mikey the Harmless one .... id help but ive already enough on my plate... sry.

IP:

SA
posted August 19, 2003 11:05 PM         
Why on earth would you want to remove your website? Even if you don't update it anymore, there is no reason to get rid of it. Leave it up so that people can still access and utilize its current content. A website doesn't have to be actively maintained to be useful.

IP:

harmless
posted August 19, 2003 11:40 PM            
i don't have a desire to admin yet another site, but i can host the content on my site.
it would just be easier for me to do it for myself.
yesss, my precious.... i can use large fonts then and no one can do anything about it... yesss, my precious....
i think i have everythinig already, all i would need is a file list to make sure that i am not missing anything.

toodles
harmless

------------------
mikey,
may peace doggedly
follow you.

IP:

KONG
posted August 19, 2003 11:53 PM            
Cyber is gonna do it. I think

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 20, 2003 12:29 AM            
I'm at least gonna try. If nothing else, it will be a learning experience.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Paranor
posted August 20, 2003 08:26 AM            
If LDA wants to remain independent (hooray!) then I propose that it should consider a CMS so that assigned admins can maintain content for the areas involved.

I happen to bring this up as I'm setting up 3 CMS's based on php-nuke for various organizations that depend on donated time to keep their site full of content.

Plus, with a game and/or company this small, is it really a good idea to have stuff scaterred all over the place? Where do I get maps? Flags? weapons? tanks? rankings? News? A real discussion forum? Ok - we don't need avatars BUT AT LEAST A WHAT'S NEWLY POSTED ICON!!!! etc.

BTW - what happened to that elitehunters site? I can't find the thread and I thought I read it was gone.

Anyone know how a CMS like php-nuke works? If not, I can point out what it has and point you to my test site.

Just my $.02

IP: