|
Author Topic:   Armageddon server back online
KiLlEr
posted August 17, 2003 12:12 PM            
Hi all!

The black out toasted my servers and I had to reinstall everything. THy're finally back online.

Enjoy!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 17, 2003 03:16 PM            
Thanks, Killer!

IP:

posted August 18, 2003 01:20 AM            
yes...thanks

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 18, 2003 04:11 AM            
mmmmm Toast. I could go for some right now.
I guess your UPS didnt' last long enough for you to walk those 20 miles before your time was up! Glad you are back up and running!

IP:

VorDesigns
posted August 18, 2003 03:59 PM            
Sue, it aint usually the UPS failure that gets ya, it either the heat from the A/C failure or the cooling from the extended system shutdowns.
-
I had a PO about four weeks ago; really hot 'night', I was fifty miles away at a BBQ. On arrival, opening the server closet told me more than I needed to know (tripping over the L/R chair and down the hallway wasn't enough). Ambien temperature 110 degrees and climbing, UPS alarms blaring. Case internal temperatures pushing 140 degrees. Sigh.

Shut it all down, pulled melting ice and veggies out of freezer and throuh up against system cases.

Lost two; one fried m/board and one with multiple drive failures. The drive failures were on a system that hadn't been off for more than thirty minutes in years. I did the relocation at move in fifteen minutes from shutdown to power up.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 18, 2003 09:58 PM            
Where I live, we don't have A/C - so I don't tend to even THINK about needing that to keep cool. Sorry you lost a mb and drives, though I imagine it could have been much worse!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 18, 2003 10:00 PM            
I beg to differ. Toasting an MB and a drive? may as well drop it in the trash at that point.

That would be like loosing you head and unmentionables, you think anyone would be any use at that point?

LOL

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 18, 2003).]

IP: