This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   I am the undefeated master of Vor and the rest of you schlubs!!!
Irascible
posted August 16, 2003 03:17 PM            
Who among you dare to challenge my lordship?!?!?!

Man. You know something? There is going to be at least one dunce who will look at the title and think to himself, "See! He actually believes it!". No, that dunce isn't Vor or Matrix. They know me better than that. And yes, I AM kidding!!! (Here come the part time doctors with the psychoanalysis to prove I do. Oh well. ) Anyway, looking at the list of thread titles I thought a little balance was in order. This really isn't about Vor . I said my piece here and need say no more. I have no real problem with him or anyone else. Well... OK. There's one guy that will forever hold a special place in my heart. Not a good one, but special.

The real point of this thread:

Circumstances:
I made the biggest career shift of my life as of Thursday. It near consumes me at the moment and will do so for months to come. That career shift requires that I start using my laptop for its original intended purpose. Also, the wee one for whom I play part time dad has been giving me and everyone else major and ongoing grief. And now TM has become more stress than stress relief.

The result:
I may take a break from ranked competition. I'm definitely not going to update the stats anymore. Coax can get the pics HERE if he wishes to update the stats for the last ranked game. The laptop was used as the server. So it's down till further notice. And I need to and will spend less time playing TM in general. This bi@tch of mistress called TM can be too time consuming. And the "debates" I get into here are waaay too time consuming.

Somehow THIS quote comes to mind. LOL! But in reality, this is NOT goodbye. It's just a change. I didn't want anyone accusing me of getting mad over Vor's hysterics and taking my server down. It is a fact that the last day on my old job was Wednesday. There's lots of stuff happening. Not to mention I'm turing 31 soon. So I'm going though the mandatory depression that birthdays bring on.

Yes, "schlub" is a real and good word said tongue in cheek. You can even find it in the dictionary. "Meh" is good too. Though I can't find it in the dictionary yet. In case you still don't know, "meh" is an expression of apathy. Which is about what I expect in response to this thread.

Meh.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited August 16, 2003).]

IP:

posted August 16, 2003 03:25 PM            
I still need pictures...I am visual person.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

Irascible
posted August 16, 2003 03:26 PM            
Shaddup. You ain't helpin'. ;^P

IP:

KONG
posted August 16, 2003 04:33 PM            
quote:
Not to mention I'm turing 31 soon

Only 31? And good luck on the changeover.

IP:

synack
posted August 16, 2003 07:48 PM         
Only 31?

heh heh

I'm in the 5x group. Me and Sailor.

Enjoy what you have before things start to go wrong.

[This message has been edited by synack (edited August 16, 2003).]

IP:

posted August 16, 2003 09:28 PM            
oh man...I'm 43 and things are going wrong now...Ntus

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted August 16, 2003 10:42 PM            
There are far to many young whippersnappers around here. We need some maturity like synack and me. Listen to your elders all you youngins. Play nice and shake hands ( how do we do that electronically ). Well anyway do the best you can and remember the enemy is the terrorists of the world not the other players of this game so let's all enjoy.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 17, 2003 12:05 AM            
Sailor, can this "young whippersnapper", though being in my mid thirties I have trouble seeing that term in relation to me, do a little grammatical correction here? It should be too not to, since your not going "to" somewhere, and it is usually younguns and not youngins. Though either one of those could just be a matter of senile fingers ehh?
As far as the content of your post I have to agree with it, at least in general.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 17, 2003 12:13 AM            
For those of you who weren't aware of it. Yes, I can have a bad habit of picking nits. Also for those of you who weren't aware of it. When I do so, it is usually only when I am trying to have some fun. So please don't take any offense at it.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

IP:

coaxs
posted August 17, 2003 12:38 AM            
Good luck with your new job Ras. I hope you become very wealthy and be able to afford many more laptops for TM servers

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Irascible
posted August 17, 2003 12:56 AM            
Forget hope Coax. You can PayPal me at the e-mail addy listed in my profile.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 17, 2003 03:57 AM            
Ill miss our tongue tennis 4 sure - Good luck fella Hope to see you in a diff alias name sometime soon

Meh!

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted August 17, 2003 04:09 AM            
I would give you a beat down. It would start with a smack and end with a drop. Ka bang ka pow and ka boom and you're out like a light. I'll intimidate you with my cubic inches of rumbling big block engine and shove that 120mm gun down your throat. :p

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 17, 2003 06:44 AM            
Now THATS dedication - i love my guys *in a purely heterosexual way of course* lol...

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited August 17, 2003).]

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted August 17, 2003 02:20 PM            
True CyberCannon - you are correct and not correct. The grammar was intentional and the misspelling also intentional, good catch. Keep up the good work. No offense taken obviously since it was all intentional.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

Irascible
posted August 17, 2003 03:33 PM            
Thanks Dal. I think. I have the feeling it's a pop culture reference that I'm missing. But in any case, it certainly has a sort of poetic ring about it. At the very least, it's much more eloquent than the "I'll kill you @sshole." that I normally get. AND, it's definitely more fun than these old geezers reminiscing about their archaic terms and grammatical slight of hand. LOL!

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 17, 2003 04:58 PM            
Sailor & Ras, I am starting to get confused. Am I supposed to be a whippersnapper or an old Geezer?????????????? Oh well I yam what I yam, an I ain't nuttin else.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted August 17, 2003 06:49 PM            
Haha. :p

IP:

synack
posted August 17, 2003 07:25 PM         
My problem is that despite my physical age (5x), my mind is still 18.

That's *mostly* a good thing. I remain young at heart. To quote a hat I saw at DisneyWorld, "I refuse to grow up." Yep, that about sez it for me.

Trouble arrives when I try to swing a golf club like an 18-year-old. Ack!!!!!! 'nuf said.

--==== Not yet a geezer - not a goner - still a go-er ====--

IP:

synack
posted August 17, 2003 07:30 PM         
Hey Sailor, I get this pain right here when I do this. You get that too? I tell my Doc and he sez ever had that before? And I sez yeah. And he sez, well you got it again.

Ever get that?

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted August 17, 2003 09:31 PM            
I follow the sentiments completely synack. Yeah I have had the Doc say that and of course it is true I have it again.

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted August 17, 2003 09:35 PM            
Cyber - you put it best - you are what you are. If you think you are an old geezer then you are. If you think you are not then you are not. I leave that up to you. As for me I am a young guy in an older gentlemens body. I just happen to have a few more pains than that young guy I am.

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted August 17, 2003 09:39 PM            
Ras, these old geezers just happen to have a bit more time and experience behind them than you and several others so remember to respect that fact and take advantage of it when it is appropriate. The loss of this country is trying to reinvent the wheel over and over when the older people already know how to make it so asking sometimes saves a lot of time.

------------------
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

Irascible
posted August 17, 2003 09:52 PM            
So you say you were there for the invention of the wheel, ay Sailor??? Wow. Impressive. ;^)

You could also point out that the young folk would be smart to not tick off certain aged persons. The Shriners, Masons and other such groups are fearful organizations with many a government official in their back pocket. My apologies Don Sailor for any disrespect. ;^)

IP:

Irascible
posted August 17, 2003 10:01 PM            
(BTW - kidding aside - U R right Sailor.)

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2