This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   I beat Irascible or, how to stay undefeated, in your own mind..
VorDesigns
posted August 16, 2003 01:37 AM            
And do you want to know how?.......

I was beating him so badly, on his own server, that I drove him off of it a full five minutes before the end of the game.

Smiley and Cisco are witnesses.

Now, I'm not a ranked player and frankly, I don't have time to be a ranked player, but...

It seems to me that , the governing body that determines, ranking should take under consideration the conduct of any 'ranked' player. I have, on occasion beaten my betters and they have stayed through the end of the game. I know I beaten ranked players with, apparently, a higher self esteem and good gamesmanship.

I'm going to have to apologize to Max, because at this point, as far as I'm concerned, he's a better player than Irascible for the simple fact that he stays whether he wins or is 'second place again'.

Too much said.

P. S., Ras, I might come back and look at this again, but your best bet would be to just keep hunting me down on the servers.. Losing a game doesn't make me less of a man. 'I got rules' and they keep me whole.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 16, 2003 06:06 AM            
"on his own server" LMFAO ! - *Goes off for a Beer*

IP:

Paranor
posted August 16, 2003 06:45 AM            
Unless this happens on a consistent basis, I'm not sure it's a big deal. I've quit in the middle of games. Most of them were during DDM's where I would be spawn fragged 15 times in a row. Does that make me a poor sport? Nah, just irritated.

The way you type it, he quit in the first game. Is that correct?

IP:

KONG
posted August 16, 2003 07:08 AM            
quote:
but your best bet would be to just keep hunting me down on the servers

How could he do that? You always logon to the servers with an alias.

------------------
Qersys

Ut sementem feceris ita metes

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted August 16, 2003 08:56 AM            
alias' chasing alias'

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted August 16, 2003 09:52 AM            
Somtimes people use an alias coz they just wanna play. I lose more often than not if i`m chatting.
Took me 20mins to writ this.

IP:

corpse
posted August 16, 2003 11:44 AM            
and took me a hour in a half to read it

------------------
happyness is being on welfar
thanks for the support
LOL

IP:

VorDesigns
posted August 16, 2003 12:19 PM            
I was playin' as me the Barbarian, his server is designed for spawn fragging and my sniping after he left received concurrence, not derision from a player I respect.

I note that this would have been the first time (in two years of trying) that I would have beaten Irascible in a game we both started from the beginning. I have observed this behavior from him in the past.

------------------
Echoes from the Void
=
You can kill them, but you cannot make them surrender
-
http://www.vordesigns.com

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted August 16, 2003 01:19 PM            
the funniest was definitely when everyone on the server changed their name to the default 'player'. I'd usually only change my name if it's for cause of humour.

IP:

Irascible
posted August 16, 2003 01:20 PM            
Vor,

• When I don't plan on playing the round after and the current round is hopeless, I leave. This is not a spectator sport. I am not obligated to stick it out for the fans. Nor am I obligated because your code of conduct says I should. If I am playing to win when there's no chance of that and I don't want to play another round, there's no point to being there. All you elitists who think one should only play for enjoyment are entitled to your opinion. But the "fun" in fragging my ten thousandth tank in order to lose is sometimes lost on me. Go figure.
  • Sportsmanship is irrelevant. Especially given the fact that I gave you a "gg, later" before leaving. As far as I'm concerned, I gave you your props. Excuse me if my absence at the end deprived you of some ego gratification.
  • I have NEVER made claim to being unbeaten. The ladder proves as much. The only claim I make is to being OVERALL the best ACTIVE DDM player. With Max and Supe around, that claim is always in jeopardy. And that is NOT a claim to any other form of the game. IMO Supe is the dominant CTF player. Jon is probably the best racing player. I specialize in one thing only.
  • Further, you were up by 8 to 10 frags when I left. I don't know what you think beating me bad means. I've beaten you by twenty and have done so more than once. So what. It's a mod server with grossly powerful weapons. With a little bad luck that will happen. In that game you got LDA's Revenge, Mirvs of Steel and all sorts of good weapons. I know because I got fragged by them. I was having lousy luck all game long. The two other players and some AIs were ahead of me for a good portion of the game too. If truth be told, luck beat me. Again, so what. I can put up a stock 1 vs 1 minus shadows, cruises and nukes if you wish to test that theory.
  • As far as Max goes, he is the type who throws friendly (or not) insults around rather freely. I throw them back. We get along just fine. I've had some in-depth chat with him on those insults, my AI name for him and more. So I know where we stand. I clarify so that it's understood that the AI name is a friendly taunt. Max knows that.
    (Incidentally, you could say that a problem with Max and myself started to develop. But I made a point of talking to him one on one to resolve it. ALL of the people that I've had major flames with on this BB first chatted semi-privately. You're the first one to go from friendly to hostile without talking first. Airing your dirty laundry in this fashion puts that "wholeness" in question.)
  • As to your AI name, I got the impression that you took no humor in it. So I removed it without you even asking. But when your AI name was up, it served as a catalyst for other players to comment. Your rules make you a bit of a hot head and even (*gasp*) a poor sport. I have witnesses myself in the form of those who commented to me. But unlike you I didn't feel the need to vent openly. In fact, I defended you and made it clear to those commenting that I thought you were a good guy. We all have our quirks. The next time you put me on trial, perhaps you should consider your own actions as well.
    (Incidentally, we are all disliked by someone - well, except Par. It isn't hard to get witnesses to any sort of criticism you like. I am glad you feel supported. I've got plenty of my own. Should you need more support, Matrix will be chiming in with loads of it. But what does that or any of this prove? I have faults. You do too. Big freakin deal. I consider neither yours or mine to be severe enough that they require us to be hostile with each other.)

Matrix,

Again, help me with that esoteric Brit humor. There's humor in getting beat on your own server that isn't there when beaten on another's? If so, the AIs on your own server(s) must laugh their @ssess off every time you log on. And the humans... they probably have a hard time staying in their chairs because they're so busy ROTF. I now have a new appreciation for your absence at DDMs. It's not that you suck. It's that you have respect enough for the players to not distract them with that comedy called "Matrix playing TM". Bravo old chap.

Par,

It doesn't happen on a regular basis. It couldn't for obvious reasons. But as Vor has his code, I have mine. As already stated, if I'm playing to win and there's no chance of that - and if I don't plan on playing another round - then I say goodbye and leave. I see no nobility in wasting ten minutes for the the sake of completion. I am ALWAYS open to logical and moral arguments about human behavior. If someone can show me the morality involved in playing out a lost cause in an online game, I will listen. But the fact that someone says so is no argument at all. Incidentally, that was my third round of that series.

Kong,

He sometimes logs on with an alias. I sometimes do so. In that case, we both had our original names. But your point about finding him to have a discussion is well taken. He suggests the possibility of making his hit in this thread and then running. It seems to me that if you imply that you're bound by honor, then you at least listen to those whose character you assail and give them an opportunity to defend.

Ni,

It would appear that there were no alias names that game. But I probably wouldn't be dealing with this crap if I had been using an alias. Yeah, I know. People would have suspected it's me. But it's not likely this thread would have been started. This BS is yet another reason why I need to maintain my anonymity as much as possible. There's too many sore winners out there gunning for me.

Bonzo,

Thank you for getting it.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited August 16, 2003).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 16, 2003 01:32 PM            
quote:

Matrix,

Again, help me with that esoteric Brit humor. There's humor in getting beat on your own server that isn't there when beaten on another's? If so, the AIs on your own server(s) must laugh their @ssess off every time you log on. And the humans... they probably have a hard time staying in theirs chairs because they're so busy ROTF. I now have a new appreciation for your absence at DDMs. It's not that you suck. It's that you have respect enough for the players to not distract them with that comedy called "Matrix playing TM". Bravo old chap.

Wow someones getting their rocks off huh lol... do i sense a little friction in the air lol..... Go fer it big guy *cough* sry did i say BIG .... i meant . oh never mind, im sure you wouldnt get the brit humour.

*has trouble standing - laughing TOO HARD - My sides hurt* lol....

Your words dont hurt me ras - but you really do make for a great reading experience LMAO ! KUDOS !

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 16, 2003 02:00 PM            
I read this and decided to answer your point I dont play DDM's ranked or otherwise.... im not good enough when it comes to a clan score situation id rather have ppl on the field who are an assett rather than a liability - that means me

Im not shy and i do play ... just not ranked games or ddm's - hope that answers your comment im not good, and i dont care - it's just a game, i dont HAVE to be the best in order to enjoy what the game has to offer but when its down to score - thats a very different kettle of fish

IP:

posted August 16, 2003 02:05 PM            
I need pictures...or maybe a video...have either?

IP:

Irascible
posted August 16, 2003 02:06 PM            
Yeah, yeah. I know Matey. My little comment to you was pure sarcasm. Vor launched with the hysterics and you just had to chime in. So I chimed back. It's the natural order of things.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 16, 2003 02:17 PM            
I admit it, I have a life. I don't always stay in a game til the end as I have things to do, people to pick up, phones to answer. I leave games for many reasons- even due to frustration and anger once or twice.
Whoops, you guys didnt' care, did you? I am usually not winning

IP:

posted August 16, 2003 02:20 PM            
Ras...who is Ben?

quote:
Ben is probably the best racing player.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 16, 2003 02:31 PM            
Funny Ras, i point sumthin out to you in a thread, you shout me down about it - we have the big ole exchange about it, then you go n do it with others proving my point lol ... i made a small "oh dear" in another thread too hehe... Too cool.

IP:

Irascible
posted August 16, 2003 02:40 PM            
Sorry Devil. I meant Jon.

Glad to be help with whatever point it was Matey. Though I must say that all of this agreeability just doesn't seem right... or real.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 16, 2003 02:42 PM            
I completely agree

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 16, 2003 02:44 PM            
LMAO, 666 was hoping it was HIM

IP:

posted August 16, 2003 03:23 PM            
Well...I have to agree that Jon is a better racer than me...oh well, at least I can make him go to bed early so that he does not show me up completely.

And Teulk even made that comment also...oh well.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited August 16, 2003).]

IP:

Cisco
posted August 16, 2003 05:04 PM            
Hey guys, this is Cisco.

Last night was the very first game I'd played online, and it was THIS game. Amazing.

Looking around, I'm seeing how I can mod the game...

IP:

Irascible
posted August 16, 2003 05:09 PM            
Well Cisco, everyone learns what a b@st@rd I am eventually. You're just ahead of the curve. LOL!

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 16, 2003 06:27 PM            
666 & Ras, I am not sure I would agree that Jon is a better racer, though i think he is a more natural one. He is definately more ruthless about his racing, and that gives him quite an edge. The fact is with Jon, if you can get him in 3rd or further back, he has a lot of trouble getting anywhere near 1st, and he will often drop back even further.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

posted August 16, 2003 09:24 PM            
Cyber...I think Ras is speaking from see the boy in person and racing him in the LAN parties. Yes is probably the best...but not very disciplined about using his skill to truly take his old man.

Did reread what you said and I will agree...for straight racing...Jon is very good...for fighting to the top from behind...it is a tossup...
------------------

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited August 16, 2003).]

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3