|
Author Topic:   ATTN: DOWNLOAD THIS WINDOWS UPDATE NOW
A2597
posted August 12, 2003 09:30 AM            
go here, download the patch and install NOW. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/ms03-026.asp

I've just had this nasty little exploit, quite literally, I could NOT be online more then 60 seconds without this little bugger restarting my PC. If I haden't found the patch quickly, the thing WILL install a worm (It got on my Moms PC) and later on, potentially allow a remote user total control of your PC.

More info a BFCentral, scroll down a little. http://www.bfcentral.com/

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Irascible
posted August 12, 2003 10:40 AM            
Yeah. That little bug took my server and another computer down yesterday. It convinced me that though it serves no other purpose and has no other data, maybe I shouldn't have left it wide open to the net.

IP:

Rex R
posted August 12, 2003 12:29 PM            
while I quite agree that you should get the update. the update has been available since the middle of july. one thing that will help if you've been infected with msblast is to run your firewall this may let you stay online long enough to get the update
edit wrong month

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited August 12, 2003).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 12, 2003 02:12 PM            
Sorted mine out within 2 hrs of the global alert ... Server DMZ be warned ....

You think Jim/LDA know yet ?

Fill fix and explanation for this virus is on the DMF forum fyi.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 12, 2003 08:36 PM            
Removal Tool...

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 12, 2003 10:43 PM            
Got a question. Is this likely to affect those of us still using 98?

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 12, 2003 11:43 PM            
Nope...this doesn't affect Win98/ME users.

IP:

Calvin#1
posted August 13, 2003 02:31 PM         
Dang, this is what took me down a couple of days ago! I had a heck of a time taking it out! Kept shutting me down! :P Anywas I'm back!

OT: BTW, I got a sweet new laptop for my 16th B-day! P4 2.66 Ghz, 80 Gig HD, 512 Mbs RAM, CD-RW DVD DVD-RW combo drive, 64 Mbs GFX card.

------------------
n00b bashiing is great way to keep fit!
"Bears are crazy! They'll tear your head off if you're wearing steak on it!" - Space Ghost

IP: