|
Author Topic:   Race Results for 7 August are ....er....not in till the 16th
posted August 08, 2003 01:36 AM            
Well, we, Susan, Jon, Ben and I are on vacation for the next week. I will not have time to do the results to nite...so...you will have to wait. But here are some high lites...and please Ni add more.

-Racers were: Corpse, Matrix, Ni, SuperUnknown, GA#3_Jon, Cybercannon, BamZipPow, Teulk, and GA Queen
-We maxed out Bams server with 8 racers very cool. Cybercannon tried to get in but the server was maxed.
- On Barren lake I hide from Teulk and Supe by hanging on the side of the cliff before the finish line. So clever of me...actaully bad driving. Teulk won.
- Teulk pushed both Supe and I over the cliff into the water on the Rack map at the hairpin turn. Teulk won again.
_ Ni just pushed me off the cliff at Pinnacles to take 2nd from me.

Most of all, it was intense with 8 racers...very intense...more intense than a ranked DDM.

Thank you all for coming.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted August 08, 2003 04:54 AM            
Yeah racing isn't really my cup of tea...but I had fun

Questions. I know I said something about this in the game. Is it possible to maybe make it 4 laps and test it out? Its just really hard to catch people if they take a good lead from the beginning.

Afterburner. Yeah I know this was used for DM mods. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't increase your your speed when running staight, on the ground. Seems to only work when you are in the air or on a hill or accelerating from a stop position...then it throws you like a ragdoll.Is there anyway to make your your top speed faster? Maybe I just need practice with it but I don't find it as usefull as the name might hint

And where was the mass driver? Unfair?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 08, 2003 07:44 AM            
Mass driver was swapped out fer the Plasma Storm... When you get 100 points, you get to swap out a weapon fer a weapon.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted August 08, 2003 03:47 PM            
hmm lemmeee think...

-many times on one race, 666 an myslef were the trailing 2, I kept getting in front of him then about 4-5 times in a row my turrent was blown of by a different weapon, lol.

- on the ice level, was was infront by a good few seconds, on the last straight jsut before the end gate, I was hit by someone's chaos, sent sprawling an 666 took 1st

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 08, 2003 03:51 PM            
4 laps?

Thats not racing.

15 laps MINIMUM

THATS racing

Part of racing is stamina. The feeling of accomplishment when you come in 1st place all cramped and achy is what its all about. None of this sprinting hogwash. LOL

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 08, 2003).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted August 08, 2003 04:00 PM            
aye! something like the track where u really ahve to use Mites for 15 laps would b interesting! but some of the maps take best part of 4 mins to get round especially with 8 people on an sometimes can b rather tedious! there's a compromise in there somewhere tho!

IP:

Teulk
posted August 10, 2003 12:41 AM            
With all the "off radar" weapons, the race would be almost unbearable if it were any longer...the lead would never be stable for any amount of time. I think for most of the races I won, I never had a turret for the majority of the race---just kept going, and stuck with the course. Almost seems an advanatge to NOT have a turret!!!

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited August 10, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 15, 2003 11:52 PM            
With no turret you aren't a target for the weapons- definite advantage. Also the weapons seem to go for the closest target so if you are closer to the 3rd place racer than the 1st place racer (assuming you are in second) you wont touch the leader )

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 16, 2003 05:47 PM            
I have experineced that before. Fired a nuke a someone only to have someone come closer and have it veer off.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

posted August 17, 2003 01:04 AM            
Supe – You are correct that the afterburner does not increase you speed in the straights, that is if you’re in 100% health. I have learned to use the afterburner for quick short burst of speed to get from gate to gate

Killer – Maybe have a Quarter or annual racing with 4 laps. However, as Ni has mentioned, 4 minutes is a long time for one lap.

Teulk – That’s the very purpose of the “off the radar” weapons. Even if you are in 1st, you do not know if you will still make it. As Ni has stated and you have experienced, you can be inches from the finish and still be knocked out of the lead. The lead changing all the time…that is what makes racing exciting. The adrenaline pumping till the very end. At any moment…even if you are in the lead…you can be unseated…do one mistake in driving… not slide through the gate and lose time…there is always a racer behind you putting the pressure one…I love it.

To all – There is a rule stating that alt K’ing yourself will forfeit your results in that race. I had figured out that someone would want to do that if they were in the lead. No weapons would ever hit you if you were turretless.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited August 17, 2003).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted August 17, 2003 12:48 PM            
one ting, however, I'm still uncertain about. If someone has no turret ie they're been fragged quite recently, would it be considered etiquette if that person was left alone with unguided weapons?

Say, for example, 666 is in front of me without a turret, would my actions be frowned upon if I were to hit him with a 120, therefore whilst his power's regenerating, I take another 20 off it by hiting him and knocking him out my way?

And, if that's the case, is it also accepted for someone without a turret, t interfere with full powered racers?

IP:

posted August 17, 2003 01:37 PM            
Not striking a turretless tank is similar to spawn fragging. It is a courtesy rule as stated in the rules. The racers did decide that if the turretless tank is blocking your path you may, by any means, get it out of your way. Typically, I just go around...a turretless tank is moving slower. It's no fun fragging a defenseless tank.

If I am the turretless tank, I make it a point to not be in the way to avoid being hit agian.

The link to the rules is here: http://www.hallsted.org/race-ladders/race-ladder-rules.html

------------------

IP:

posted August 18, 2003 09:32 AM            
The results are in. The link below: http://www.hallsted.org/race-ladders/16th-race-ladder-jpgs.html
The status on the current ladder below: http://www.hallsted.org/race-ladders/race-ladder-status.html

------------------

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 18, 2003 01:21 PM            
Turretless tanks can still win races. In a race the goal is to win, ain't it? If hitting a tank in front of you gains you advantage (ie the ability to finish the race in a better position) then YES you can hit a turretless tank with unguided weapons. The guided weapons won't go for the turretless tanks anyway. As Teulk did mention, sometimes it IS a benefit to be "topless".

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted August 19, 2003 10:34 AM            
Only on nudist beaches! Yeah ok thanks for clearing that up once and for all though guys.

IP:

posted August 21, 2003 09:28 AM            
Forgot about comments on the races...here is just a few items that need to be said.

- Best lap time are now listed in alphabetical order
- Persons that need to exchange a weapon: 666, Jon, Teulk, Corpse, and Susan
- Ni set a new lap time on Windchill...that speed demon!

Those who need to pick a new weapon...I need to know what it is by the middle of next week to see if any tweaking is needed in order to get it in for next months weapons.

------------------

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited August 21, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 22, 2003 03:29 AM            
666, I know you try to have a balance of weapons. Could you list for us what the current weapons are and the CLASS to which you assign them?
I am thinking of taking out the chaos, but want to know what type of weapon I can replace it with.

IP:

posted August 22, 2003 11:09 AM            
Here you go. The link is below.
http://www.hallsted.org/race-ladders/race-ladder-weapons.html

But it is necessary to have "off the radar" weapons. As I have stated many times already, if you cannot get the leader in the race who is off your radar the race becomes very predictable and boring. That is why there needs to be "off the radar" weapons to ensure that the leader is in a constant state of fear till they cross the finish line. This brings an element of unpredictability and excitment to racing.

------------------

IP: