|
Author Topic:   CTF on the community server....5 & 9 PM Pacific time
posted August 06, 2003 03:08 AM            
It is up. The CTF on the community server. Everything is stock. Come one...come all. I will take screen shots of the result to post.

Think that the 5 and 9 PM slot should work. Although anytime you want to go just do it.
Players across the pond might want to try an earlier time. Just post the time and I will see if I can make it.

Susan and I will do the annoying ICQ to everyone.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

posted August 06, 2003 03:11 AM            
Forgot...stock CTF is every Wednesday. See you there.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 06, 2003 09:11 AM            
and since it is a weekly event, the Event will work in LogScan

c u there!

IP:

Teulk
posted August 06, 2003 04:29 PM            
Is it just me or are all the events listed on the Boomstick Calendar one day "behind"???
EG..the Wednesday CTF is listed for Thursday, the Racing for Friday, etc...

Just checking...

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 06, 2003 05:00 PM            
You might have to set yer timezone and the daylight savings box at the top of the calender page...

IP:

posted August 06, 2003 08:44 PM            
Sorry got busy with day labors at the house. Will make the 9PM one.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 06, 2003 09:44 PM            
I missed the first one as well. I will try to make it to the second one.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

posted August 07, 2003 02:38 AM            
Well, there were some suggestions, and I listened. We will change the time from 30 minutes to 20 minutes and take out the shadow. That should help things out. Thank you Ras for the suggestions.

Are there any others?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 07, 2003 03:16 AM            

An underwater map - should be easy to simulate with the right skybox design, colour ground, trees as floating seaweed and a low gravity... oh and bams method of turning the water off so it doesnt spoil the effect.

IP:

Teulk
posted August 07, 2003 07:22 AM            
Sorry, checked again, and the sunday DDM's are all on mOndays, the armageddons are all a day late.
Checked my time zone settings...the one at the top of the page is correct, whereas the one on the bottom is + 5 hours..
It's not like I don't know when these events are really happening, it's justs seeing them apparantly posted improperly.
But, if it's just me, so be it...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 07, 2003 10:08 AM            
are you using the new URL:
http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com

If your going thru the old URL, then the cookies are not being set. Also, depending on your timezone, a wednesday event would be on Thursday (9pm EDT Weds is 1am GMT Thurs).

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 07, 2003).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 07, 2003 11:25 AM            
Just a thought but is it possible to assign all the smoke trails to a new "bullett time" matrix style smoke effect instead of their defaults - also since smoke can rise, and have its speed set, we should be able to simulate bubbles right ?

Think ill work on this - im intreagued....

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 07, 2003 11:29 AM            
Thats Easy

You can even make them grow.

IP:

posted August 07, 2003 12:33 PM            
here are the screen shot for the ctf played last nite...
http://www.hallsted.org/CTF-pics/index.html

IP:

posted August 07, 2003 12:35 PM            
What stats should we have for CTF?? any thoughts?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 07, 2003 01:27 PM            
ugh. I'm a dork. It's official. LOL

I forgot to set the end time for the event, so it didn't run at the specified time.

Fixed now.

It did manage to catch CyberCannon playing and reported the results. screwy results, but it reported it none the less.

As for stats, my site will handle that. There is also a ladder set up. NOw that the event WILL run when it suppose too. I got home late (stuck waiting over 2 hrs for a friggin train :P) and didn't get a chance to see what was happening.

Its been raining here for a couple of weeks now and the underground stations are all flooded. There are normally 6 tracks where I get the train. It was reduced to 1 track due to all the rain, and that had to be shut down when it caught fire. rain AND fire ?!?! I wouldn't have beleved it myself if I didn't see it first hand. Dumb rat.... make that dumb toasted rat. You know how bad 3rd rail marinaded cajin rat smells? It was a big sucker too. at least 2.5 feet long (nose to tail) and 15 lbs. NYC rats

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 07, 2003 02:02 PM            
Uggh, that rat visual I didn't have to see. I am also heartened by your not setting things, too, KiLlEr. It warms the cockles of my heart

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 07, 2003 05:20 PM            
Mmmm...tasty!

IP:

posted August 18, 2003 01:19 AM            
BUMP. We will try the 2 times again in order to get the Euro crowd there. Hope to see you all there.

I again will do the annoying ICQ to remind all.

IP: