This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   Joining/Making a Clan
Calvin#1
posted August 05, 2003 06:58 PM         
Hey guys! Yup, it's me again! I was wondering if there are any clans out there that would like for me to join? Maybe some big name clan. I'm pretty good at the game. (It's hard for you people to believe that, and hard for me to tell ya) Well, I usually have about 10 frags in the first min. So I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

BTW, if some guys want to start a new clan, we could call it E-ARMY, and here is the pic we would use:

OT: BTW, could the forum admins institure avatars? I'd really think that that would liven things up.

------------------
n00b bashiing is great way to keep fit!
"Bears are crazy! They'll tear your head off if you're wearing steak on it!" - Space Ghost

IP:

kv
posted August 05, 2003 07:32 PM            
currently, according to the DMF, there are 8 clans.

These clans are:
DNX
BWL (Black Widow League)
TC (Temporal Chaos) (closed?)
DOG (Death or Glory)
LWA (Lone Wolf Aliance)
AoD (Angels of Death)
GA (Golden Ants)
ZE (Zion Enterprise)

I run LWA. Membership is open to anyone.

There's not really such a thing as a "big name clan." Just try to join the one that you think sounds good. Others will be along shortly to try to recruit you into their clan.

------------------
Don't want to join a clan with so many requirements? Join LWA. Enrolement is open. Just contact any member listed on the LWA page and check out our new forums: http://home.woh.rr.com/kvorlon/LWA.htm

[This message has been edited by kv (edited August 05, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by kv (edited August 05, 2003).]

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 05, 2003 07:55 PM            
kv, I was under the impression that DNX and BWL had decided to, at least temporarily, not go and actively recruit. Those two are probably the biggest, or at least from what I have seen, unless DOG is in there as well. I think you had a mistype there, AOD is, Angels of Death isn't it?

quote:
I'm pretty good at the game. (It's hard for you people to believe that, and hard for me to tell ya) Well, I usually have about 10 frags in the first min. So I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

The real proof is how well you do against others and your final frag count, after all even us blind ants find the occasional crumb or two.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted August 05, 2003 08:00 PM            
Welcome to the community, Calvin!

I think AoD are out of commission officially and TC is basically a one man clan, that man being AWOL for some reason! So right now there are offically 6 active clans, and to have scores of DDMs (Deadlest DeathMatches) offically registered u gotta b a part of the dmf!

Matrix'll prolly come up with better details but for now this is the pointer! Good luck guy!!

IP:

kv
posted August 05, 2003 08:42 PM            
Thanks for catching that typo cyber, and I didn't say that all the clans listed were accepting new members, I said that those were the current clans according to the DMF.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 05, 2003 08:47 PM            
I understood that kv, I was just adding to the info for Calvins usage, As far as the typo goes, just consider me a nitpicker, which Ras could attest to.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

IP:

Irascible
posted August 05, 2003 08:58 PM            
BWL actively recruit? BWL doesn't actively exist. It's more of a passive thing. If you'd like to join a clan that has some awesomely skilled players, the most clan war wins, a great history and a forum that hasn't seen activity since May 6th - then BWL is the place to be.

Pfft.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 05, 2003 10:58 PM            
DNX recruits on a testing basis - arrange a match with Coax or Superunknown here on this board if youre interested in joining

Ignore RAS...

Ok so you need a reason, sry lol... habbit we dont get on too well and tend to poke at each other now n then lol... all good non-serious fun really... NO REALLY !! lol...

BWL's leader is called Dreamer, he's currently off doing more pressing things, but BWL is by no means inactive, Sailor is a regular player, as is Paranor - sure their boards quiet, but thats cos everyone either posts here or at the DMF.

TC is literally a 1 man clan as said, the reason for this is that TC Clan was comprised of ppl who were the first in the game, Random Chaos is the only remaining beta player from that clan, he's quite proud of it too, so we list it mainly so he gets a score in matches

ZE - comes n goes, talk to Sage about ZE, he'll fill u in, i dont know too much about them.

Dogs are a pretty sturdy bunch, they fight hard too.

LWA is for folks who really arent into the clan thing, but would like to take part in clan activities, kinda a temporary, as n when required group... jeez, im really stuck for explanations, check out the LWA site for more.

AOD is Dead .... needs removing from the roster.

GA is a good-fun clan run by a brainey young lad who is obsessed with ants and who is strikken with the continual need to say "pffft"

So there you have it - check out everybodys stats n sites, then try to find a place where you feel you fit in If not, just remain a lonewolf !!

Then again, be nice to see a new clan too - plenty of new blood out there and a few drifters to recruit - plus if youre a registered member of DMF your clan gets a free forum

Any either - Welcome to TM m8 - hope you have loads of fun - check out the gaming schedules and see u on the battlefield

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺™
-
§Ěģ ©2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Irascible
posted August 05, 2003 11:08 PM            
OK. So we have players that play, like me. And we have some of the most skilled players at that, like me. I meant that we have no clan sponsored activity of any kind. DNX has tons of. GA has quite a bit too. And yeah, ignoring me is good advice to follow and puts you squarely in the mainstream.

IP:

KONG
posted August 05, 2003 11:32 PM            
Pffft!

IP:

Irascible
posted August 06, 2003 12:14 AM            
You may call this my counter-point to the listing of clans. You could also call this a great way to get in trouble with the humorless. Rest assured that it IS all in good fun. Well, except for the humorless.

-DNX
The Microsoft of clans. Their reach is expansive. Their leader is ruthless... and when put on trial is given to ever so slight amounts of well practiced prevarication. If they can't beat you with skill, they'll buy you up into their clan and write you into their next release.

-BWL
You guessed it, the Apple of clans. Though their skill is superior, their leader is content with being a niche market. Just like the Apple faithful, those in BWL KNOW that they're the best. News of another clans superior attributes will cross their desks from time to time. But just as the Apple faithful point blindly to PhotoShop benchmarks for reassurance, BWLers simply point to certain benchmarks of their own and ignore the rest.

-TC
TC and its one clan member is much like Haley's Comet. Like the comet, it's been around since creation of the game. People take great notice of the lone travelers infrequent visits to a server. And again like the comet, though he's gone for long stretches at a time they know he'll always be back.

ZE-
The abusive father you've always hated: Shows up very infrequently. Speaks unintelligibly when intoxicated with shrooms. Always has an excuse for not being there, like a broken computer. When he does show up he comes with all sorts of gifts and promises, like new mods and a restarted clan. And just when you get your hopes up, he's gone yet again.

-DOG
The Raiders of TM clan yore. Just like the Raiders in their glory days, issues of character were secondary to recruiting people that could frag. Their fans were noisy and vocal. And again like the Raiders, now that they've cleaned up their act they just ain't what they use to be.

-LWA
The committed bachelors of TM. They have as much to offer as the next guy, they just won't put on that ring. Once in a while, a clan will talk sweet enough to get them to do it. But overall they prefer the freedom to play around over risk of bonding with something that may gain ten pounds down the road.

-AOD
AOD = DOA. While not grammatically a palindrome, in terms of meaning it's dead on.

-GA
What do you get when you cross a devoutly religious founder addicted to a four letter catchphrase with an avowed agnostic nicknamed "666" who pulls the strings of power? Either a surreal piece of crap comedy from Fox, or a boringly well rounded bunch of nice folks who love the game. The answer is obvious. Though let some Fox exec read this and you'll have both.

Disclaimer:
The preceding was schtick. The views of the schtick do not necessarily represent those of its writer or this station. Any similarities to actual persons is purely coincidental. Any offense taken to the schtick is purely unintentional.

IP:

Paranor
posted August 06, 2003 12:26 AM            
ROFLMAO and other TLA

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited August 06, 2003).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 06, 2003 12:36 AM            
LOL!!!!! (ROFL!!)

IP:

posted August 06, 2003 01:44 AM            
Love it all Ras and Matrix.

A little more about GA, Golden Ants. It was found by a bright high school student name Steven, alias GA#1. Since then we have had several LAN party at the house of 666 (me), GA Queen (my wife Susan) and GA#3_Jon (my son). At the LAN parties, most of the GA clan shows and members of the other clan are always welcomed.

We started the Race ladder and most of the members are serious racers. If you ever so desire we are ready and willing to race for ladder points at anytime, thanks to Bam and his server. Soon we should be able to have the community server up and going for racing too.

We do have a forum that is mainly used to list jokes, arrange the next LAN party and figure out Clan strategy. We hold our own at the DDM and Clan battles. Yes, we are the fun group. Most all TM and general post at the LDA and DMF forum.

A little about each of the members…please fellow members correct me if I am wrong.

GA#1 – Leader of the group, creator of the King of the hill and the fake nuke. Always has answer on anything for the computer and willing to help. Always willing to race when asked.

CyberCannon – An excellent teammate and enthusiastic racer. Contributor of most all the humor of at the GA forum. Willing to do whatever the clan needs and always willing to race.

STRJ64 – Keeper of the forum and humorist the post. If you ever need funny post to your thread…he is always there to nail it.

GA#3_Jon – Racer extraordinary. At the young age of 9 he has mastered the race track, weapons, and battling that I am still trying to understand. His love of TM is only swayed by Legos and Yi-Gu-Oh.

GA Queen – The Social bee of TM. Helper to all of TM no matter what your problem is. An admin of the community server. Poster of many. Willing to race whenever or wherever. Maker of the TM quilt.

GA#2_666 – This be me. Tester of new maps, Maker of the Clan maps, also the originator, maintainer, and designer of the Race Ladder. I am an admin of the community server and a social bee for planning events. Love to race. I also post strategy for racing at the LDA forum.

LWA – Harmless – Mentioned here because he is the keeper and manager of the GA forum and Race Ladder results on his web site. Without him, GA would not exist. He is also my bro.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited August 06, 2003).]

IP:

posted August 06, 2003 01:50 AM            
Yo, Calvin#1 welcome to the boards...hope you read the post above to understand who the GA clan is. But to truly communicate with the TM community you will need to get ICQ or AIM to do instant messaging, IM.

Below is the link to trillian that will host all of the IM formats.
http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/trillian/download.html

My ICQ is 158019980. Just plug it in and tell me that you are from TM and I will add you to my list. Hope to see you online and on IM.

As for the avatars...well, you need to talk to LDA about that. I personally don't mind that there are none here. It makes it very difficult for dialup to logon.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited August 06, 2003).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 06, 2003 02:02 AM            
quote:

-DNX
The Microsoft of clans. Their reach is expansive. Their leader is ruthless... and when put on trial is given to ever so slight amounts of well practiced prevarication. If they can't beat you with skill, they'll buy you up into their clan and write you into their next release.

^^^ Love This - think ill use that on the DNX Forum - Pure Class in a glass

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺™
-
§Ěģ ©2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

HUT
posted August 06, 2003 07:39 PM            
Hello
Citation; “I usually have about 10 frags in the first min. So I'm not sure if that's good or bad.”

Doom on you!
Well, Calvin#1. I think your players had close eyes.
Regards HUT

IP:

Irascible
posted August 06, 2003 07:48 PM            
LOL Hut! I think we can agree that Calvin was engaged in a bit of hyperbole.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 06, 2003 09:41 PM            
I don't know Ras, I quite often have that situation.
Of course mine is in the reverse. I have been known to end up with ten deaths in the first minute. Maybe that is how he's getting them.

Whoops had a typo there.
------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

[This message has been edited by CyberCannon (edited August 06, 2003).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 07, 2003 01:03 AM            
hehehe (Wonders if Calvin has found the ai intelligence switch yet) (w00t, would be intresting to write our own AI's (AI Ents) for tm heh).

IP:

coaxs
posted August 07, 2003 03:55 AM            
Avatars is a luxury not yet afforded to this bboard and probably won't be for at least some time. You can visit Matrix's DMF board if you want to have an avatar and more forums to post in.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted August 07, 2003 12:00 PM            
D.O.G. are not in to gooda shape at the mo as two of our best players seem to have gone awol, thats Ferdi and Cobra aint seen Tealk for awhile niether.

Wonder where those two went to : )

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 07, 2003 10:27 PM            
I was on cobra's private server a few months back helping him test a new weapon called DA_MONSTER which I absolutly loved.... he promised to send it me via email - i never saw him again - i think im jinxed lol....

Would be nice to see a new clan though .. DMF as always will strive to help it as much as possible if it registers with us.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 07, 2003 11:04 PM            
Teulk is around. He's been racing

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted August 07, 2003 11:11 PM            
yup! racing that heavin tank o his round dem dar courses! he won a few I think 2nite!

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3