|
Author Topic:   Some ideas for a new TM patch
Calvin#1
posted August 04, 2003 04:25 PM         
Hey, first time posting here! I just have to say that I love your game Tread Marks! It's so cool seeing huge chunks of scrap metal waying in at quite a few tons, flying at 98 MPH through the air with a burst of missiles behind your arse! *insert crying for joy here*

I was wondering, will there be another path? I mean, I've been looking forward to one for quite some time now. Sorry if I sound demanding, I sure don't mean to be. I'm just curious, cause it would mean even more fun.

I have a few ideas that maybe you'd like to consider adding if you are making a new patch. If you would like to hear them just say so. I hope that this wont bring a response of, "there are legal issues man! Blah blah blah..." I could care less if you use my ideas, all I would like to see is the game become better! It's already great! Thanks for the sweet game guys!

------------------
n00b bashiing is great way to keep fit!
"Bears are crazy! They'll tear your head off if you're wearing steak on it!" - Space Ghost

IP:

A2597
posted August 04, 2003 06:09 PM            
Welcome to the forums!

LDA is a nice group, and will listen to your suggestions usually.

C'ya on the servers!

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 04, 2003 06:16 PM            
Calvin, Welcome!!
Indeed, LDA does listen to some wonderful ideas. There are already a bunch of very interesting mods available. Take a gander at:http://www.tbhccs.com/treadmarks/tm-downloads-index.html

IP:

coaxs
posted August 04, 2003 06:19 PM            
Feel free to share your ideas here. Some ideas may already be repeats and others might have already been done by the TM community.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Calvin#1
posted August 04, 2003 07:33 PM         
Hey, thanks a lot guys! Nice to have a warm welcome! Well, I just came back from playing a whole bunch of TM matches vs. the AI bots. I do not _yet_ have a LAN network (soon to change with the addition of my laptop for my 16 B-Day), and I have 56k, so I REARELY am on the servers. I'm trying to talk my parents into high speed! Ok, here are some of my ideas, I'm almost sure you'll like at least 1 of them!

=========
=weapons=
=========
-Concussion bomb A highly powerful missle, deploy, and when it hits something, it sends out and enourmus concussion/shockwave (green color like the mass driver) that spreads at the level of which it hit. It can even spred through hills so be weary. Causes extreme damage!
-Antimatter Bomb Prett self explanitory, implodes on contact, but doesn't make an explotion. Creates a powerful dark prupleish vortext which sucks nearby tanks into it, and crushes them into oblivion!
-Energy Bolt Gun powerful gun attached to turret that shoots powerful energy bolts. You can hold down the fire button, and this shoots a constant beam, just aim, hold down fire, and wipe out the field!
-25 mm Autocannon I saw this on Mail Call on the History Channel. Have a gun that is on the turret, that shoots 25 mm shells slower than the machine gun, yet more powerful than avenger bullets. Just think of a smaller cliber "pea shooter" that fires faster.
I'll come up with some more later! I forgot some.

===============
=General Ideas=
===============
-Audio Taunts When you press enter, and lets say you type in the number 1. The the anouncer says, "fire in the whole". You get the idea. Just have a whole bunch of audio taunts, and commands to direct your team!
-More announcer sayings such as, "fragmaster", "Fear the T-72 (replace T-72 with type of tank doing well).
-More levels
-More tanks
-Maybe a windows based level editor. i.e. easy for n00bs to make nice levels.
-More CTF levels, I luuuv these!

I think that that's it for now! UBER-SUPER-MEGA-SWEET game guys! Keep it up! Never let Treadmarks die! Viva la Tread Marks!

------------------
"Bears are crazy! They'll tear your head off if you're wearing steak on it!" - Space Ghost

IP:

posted August 04, 2003 07:48 PM            
Welcome to the forums...you need to check out the mods. Here is a link to one site.
http://www.tbhccs.com/treadmarks/tm-downloads-index.html

If a server has mods it will list the location for the mods in the description of the server. See you online.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

Paranor
posted August 04, 2003 08:12 PM            
Treadmarks plays just fine on 56k dialup. Drop your netrate to 3K. Or is it 4K? Anyone?

In fact, isn't there a clan that's for dial-ups?

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted August 04, 2003 09:13 PM            
No dial up clans but we tried for, I'm sure, at least 1 game adding some form of symbol or acronym specifying if u were dial up or bb. Didn't last long! Plays fine for me on 34 k on dial up but am now on ISDN so play at 5k!

IP:

Irascible
posted August 04, 2003 09:49 PM            
If you don't mind waiting a minute or three for synch up, the 85 weapons server requires no special download.

If you search for them, you'll find hundreds of mods. Many of the ideas you suggest have been implemented in one form or another. This site has quite a few links to get you to some of them.

IP:

A2597
posted August 04, 2003 10:36 PM            
all your weapons/tanks/maps wants are/can be done currently.
how many weapons are out there now anyway? has to be over 200 now...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 04, 2003 10:56 PM            
Welcome to the forums bud - Check us out at the DMF *link in my sig* and fr more levels and some power weapons, check out the Anarchy Serverpack (about 20 megs with the 1a patch upgrade). it includes a new tough style map i call "DOMINAION MAPS" which apprently everyone here is too pansy to play LMAO

We use this serverpack at the DMF for our Tourneys, theres another one comeing soon, so to be in it - you can either play as a lonewolf, as part of a team by joining LWA / which is a kind of clan of non affilliates - ill let some1 else explain it... or you can join one of the several clans around here.

You can find Clan links and Bio's over at the DMF website : www.dmf.filetap.com along with tutorials on map making n stuff....

Good to see a new face... frag ya l8r

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Rex R
posted August 05, 2003 02:16 AM            
Re: weapon mods

-Energy Bolt Gun powerful gun attached to turret that shoots powerful energy bolts. You can hold down the fire button, and this shoots a constant beam, just aim, hold down fire, and wipe out the field!
try out the 'whammo"whap" gun' aka powerball sure does bounce tanks around

-25 mm Autocannon I saw this on Mail Call on the History Channel. Have a gun that is on the turret, that shoots 25 mm shells slower than the machine gun, yet more powerful than avenger bullets. Just think of a smaller caliber "pea shooter" that fires faster

likewise look for 50 cal heavy machine gun and the 'Rekon' tank with its' 40mm gun.
some items you've suggested have been done( or close to it) general feeling is that the 'overkill' weapons are not well recieved in multi-player...something about having those weaps used on yourself by other folks (who are a lot harder than the AI to frag)

IP:

Calvin#1
posted August 05, 2003 08:29 AM         
WOW, so many replys! That's nice!

I'll try some servers l8r today. Which ones are you guys usually on? I almost always play on the LDA server. What times are the most people usually on? I'm always alone when I connect up. The problem is that my 56k runs at 28,800 bps. So I fire, I see the bullet, next thing is I see the explotion. :P That's when there are only AI, or maybe 1 person.

The thing about MODs is, I've gotten turned off to them. I've DLed some nice maps, but the thing is, the tanks NEVER textured right. I would be driving a shiny grey box. :P So that's what turned me off about MODs. BTW, I'll check into all those wepaons, and junk. Will I still be able to play normal non-MODed games on the LDA server even if I have mods?

Tips for level makers: Ok, all you people out there who make levels, try not to make happy sunny, levels. Use the Kahuna or Armagedon level for examples. I love the fact of the overcast skies, and the dark terrain. My favorite kind of weather. I feel it gives something great to Tread Marks. BTW, has anyone though of having some cactises in level?

Do I have to join a clan? I mean it would be cool, but I don't play that much on the net, so I'm not sure how much of a help I would be. Besides, L love being a loner/bounty hunter/mercinary! You get more enemies that way! lol

Hey, just a note to all you pretty boys out there! FRAG YA L8R... MUCH!!

P.S. What's your favorite tank? Which is the best? I like the T-72 a LOT!

------------------

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 05, 2003 09:39 AM            
Hello and welcome (don't mind me I'm a late comer now adays. LOL)!

Best bet is to get ICQ and use it to get people to join a server with you. ICQ's are listed in most peoples profiles.

I run the Armageddon II and TeamCTF servers currently. The Armageddon requires a mod pack located on my website(join in! its INSANE!!!). The TeamCTF is my partial conversion which needs a heafty 35mb pack availible from its home site.

My website is:

Its also the home of TMLogScan which is the TM equivalent of ServerSpy on steroids. You see who's on what server, if there are any events scheduled, ladders, etc etc etc.

If you set youself up with a MyBoomstick account ( [URL=http://myboomstick.boomstickjoes.com]http://myboomstick.boomstickjoes.com ) you can have your stats charted, make a customize server list which contains only the servers you want to see, etc. From there you can download TMServerSpy which is a .Net based client that shows you what server is up and who is on, and act as a launcher for TM. Double clik on a server and it will Launch TM and point it to the correct server. You can also grab the TeamCTF TankBuilder which allows you to build tanks for the TeamCTF mod.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 05, 2003).]

IP:

Calvin#1
posted August 05, 2003 11:14 AM         
Ok, thanks guys! I'll try some of this great stuff out!

When do people usually hang out on the servers? Fill me in on everything
I need to know!

BTW, http://www.tbhccs.com/treadmarks/tm-downloads-index.html that site is where I got those extra maps. Those maps that I got, the tanks did not texture right.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Calvin#1 (edited August 05, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 05, 2003 12:16 PM            
Calvin, at the aforementioned Boomstick website there is a calendar that lists times and dates for "standard" TM related games. The DMF boards also has a calendar function on which I have tried to list the DDMs on Sundays.
I'm in Pacific time and tend to play a bit in the mornings and again later in the day, after 9 pm or so. If I am not actually playing, I can frequently be coaxed into playing a game or two if you rouse me on ICQ. David (666) is heavily into racing these days, and you can find him also on ICQ.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 05, 2003 02:18 PM            
Calvin, welcome to the community.

quote:
Which ones are you guys usually on? I almost always play on the LDA server. What times are the most people usually on?

If you check out Killers Boomstick site and go check out the server status you will find a link, for all the servers that he shows, that will give you a rundown on usage for the last week by the hour. I can usually be found on LDA, Team CTF, and Racing some where. I will occasionally play the 85 weapons server, and some of the others. I am on at all different times so for me look for me is all I can say, or if you see me on ICQ give a holler.

quote:
The problem is that my 56k runs at 28,800 bps.

Ahh, another dial-uper, I can sympathize with you to a point, though I do usually get around 48,000. I am not sure where you live or what your system is like but it sounds like you are using either a software modem or at least a win-modem. If you can afford it I would strongly suggest the acquisition of a hardware modem. When I changed I jumped from a connection of 19,000 to 24,000 to my present 48,000 so I am a great believer in my hardware modem.

quote:
Will I still be able to play normal non-MODed games on the LDA server even if I have mods?

But of course. The servers look for what they are set up to use, you only run into trouble if you don't have something you need. Now when you have Mods in the set up that you are playing, it does seem to slow the connecting up process, or at least it seems to have done so to me.

quote:
Do I have to join a clan? I mean it would be cool, but I don't play that much on the net, so I'm not sure how much of a help I would be. Besides, L love being a loner/bounty hunter/mercinary! You get more enemies that way! lol

Not at all, but you are welcome to. As too how much help you would be, let me just point out that the Golden Ants clan have a couple of members that are not seen that much on the servers, or at least I haven't seen them. The clans are as much just a matter of affiliation, and there is a Lone Wolf Alliance out there for those who want to participate in the Clan Battles and not be in a "true" clan.

quote:
What's your favorite tank? Which is the best? I like the T-72 a LOT!

Well personally I prefer the Dwarf, and you'll see quite a lot of us driving them. Which is the best all depends on what you are most comfortable in and can handle the best, I have trouble handling some of them because they are as long as they are, others can flip over easier. The only one I would suggest that you stay away from, except for certain races, would be the Liquid Mite. That one is fragile.

IP:

Calvin#1
posted August 05, 2003 06:51 PM         
Ok, thanks for the welcome! Thanks also for the info! It's nice to be helped! I'll see yall on the servers! Going there now! I'll ty to get some MODs, anyone want to point out some specific URLs to some downloads? Please, good MODs only!(Duh)

------------------

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted August 05, 2003 08:07 PM            
*edit* to killer's reply about boomstick!

his url is:
http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/

*note the extra 'o'* lol

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 05, 2003 08:18 PM            
Look at that, I can't even spell my own website now! LOL

I didn't know that being a horrible speller is actually a progressivly dibilitating disease.

Thx

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 05, 2003 11:15 PM            
Heres the DMF Downloads page.

ps: DMF Forums has a window at the bottom, it contains a list of active/inactive servers, and an indicator as to if anyone is on them. The only one not listed would be the LDA Stock - but then again, i know LDA has installed a server watch program that killer made, but im not sure which servers its actively watching.

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted August 05, 2003 11:20 PM            
PS, its brand new, so if u spot any errors, let me know - i know the patches need relisting, other than that were cool

Heres the DMF Calendar

The rest, like the members world map, require registration.

IP: