|
Author Topic:   High Quality Mod Server
wolfman
posted August 02, 2003 06:40 PM            
Come one and all - to play this really cool mod. You will see extra details and effects etc whether or not you have the HQ Mod (20 mb +) downloaded. A has said he will probably be doing a Server version of this mod. Need as much feedback on this as possible. Awesome flaming when your tank is on fire. Weapons effects out of this world. The flamer is a bit funky due to I believe that it has special meshes for the effects that you must have. Come and give it a shot so to speak so that the community can grow. Thanks all.
JT

IP:

A2597
posted August 02, 2003 11:06 PM            
Yea, the flamer uses new img files, and thus doesn't work. Same for certain other things.

I am working on finishing up the mod, been getting alot of feedback, and its almost done. Then the server pack...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

A2597
posted August 03, 2003 03:08 PM            
Quick Update:
FIXED: Cruise Missile leaves smoke trail and has explosion

FIXED: Typo in the word "Shrapnel"

Changed: Tankbits sit on the ground 4 seconds rather then 5

Added: Entire ramdrill hurts now.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 03, 2003 04:53 PM            
A2597, when you have whatever you want changed would you mind e-mailing me the changed items please.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted August 06, 2003 07:30 PM            
I haven't been able to find a URL in any of these messages.
Does anyone have the HQ mod pack hosted? Where can we download it from?
Thanks,
[BWL]mELONcRACKER

IP:

Irascible
posted August 06, 2003 07:37 PM            
He's not made it publicly available yet supposedly because it's still beta. Cut him some slack. Code monkeys sit in dark rooms soaking up gads of EM radiation for hours on end. So they can't be blamed for being different. LOL!

IP:

wolfman
posted August 06, 2003 08:54 PM            
If you want to be able to check out the HQ Mod Server you can see a lot of what is in the pack. Feedback from those playing on this server is most appreciated - especially those who don't have the mod loaded. My understanding is most is stock - already know about the flamer issue lol JT

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 06, 2003 09:52 PM            
The pack may be mostly "stock", but that is the whole idea. The stock images etc. have been revamped in a lot of areas, and I don't know if that will show without the pack. Most of the maps have much smoother shadings in their terrain and sky colorations. There are some maps that I'm not sure he did anything with, but they tend to be the maps with garish colors and strong contrasts. A lot of the stuff in my opinion has a more realistic look to it, especially the flames for the tanks. I have been using the H.Q. mod on most of the servers without a hiccup. I think that that may have been what gave me trouble with the racing server and coming in late there, but it just as easily could have been because I had some weapons that had been replaced also.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

A2597
posted August 22, 2003 02:30 PM            
Sorry, didn't relize there were more replys to this thread...

What is the HQ pack exactly?

The HQ pack is an addon for TM that revamps about 90% of the textures for TM. most of the sprites (WIth the exception of the flames) I didn't touch. however almost all the terrain textures, and all but two skyboxes have been redone. (Didn't touch the tron ones)

This alone makes the game look better, but I then started messing with the weapons, mainly the heavy flamer. I wound up making a pretty good improvment for it, but then it looked out of place, so I wound up changing ALOT of the effects. (Almost every weapon has changed effects, but functions EXACTLY the same, weapon change list are as follows:
Tankgun:
new explo effect

Ramdrill: Entire thing hurts now, rather then the tip

machine gun:
New ground hit effect (kicks up dirt/dust)

Heavy Flamer:
Entirely new effects including animated flames.

Avenger:
New explo effect, kicks up some smoke now. also the barrles smoke during use

Airstrike:
New explo effect

Cruise Missile:
Benifits from new textures

Dirtball:
No changes

RGrenades:
Benifit from new textures

Laser:
No change

MRL:
New explosions

Concs:
new explosion

Mass Driver:
No change

Nukes:
No Change

Plasma:
No Change

Plasma Mines:
No Change

Swarmers:
Slightly altered effect

Shadow:
No Change

------------------

IP:

posted August 22, 2003 02:45 PM            
yes...you fixed the ramdrill...thanks so much...so when do we get to try it out.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

A2597
posted August 22, 2003 02:49 PM            
soon, I'm doing some final testing now.

if it all goes well, this weekend

------------------

IP:

A2597
posted August 22, 2003 04:50 PM            
you wouldn't believe how hard it was to get the drill to work right...

Hitscans don't work at less then 15 meters, since hte drill is 9.7...no go

a sprite projectile will NOT work at less then 15 as well. no matter the tweeking, close range = no work.

finally used the laserbeam MESH object, that does work...

that was two+ hours spent trying to get the drill working, but it does now!

testing the last things before final release.

------------------

IP: