|
Author Topic:   Fun DDM every 2nd Sunday...we need to choose what it is still
posted August 01, 2003 01:18 PM            
Every 2nd Sunday is the Fun DDM on the community server. We, the community need to vote on the order of the TM configuration that get rotated through on that day.

I would only choose from those that have a sever pack ready to go...although other may be added when the packs are ready.

So the list is below and by no means complete. Please add or re-arrange the list till others are pleased.

85 modded weapons
DMF Anarchy
Hallsted I AM
Dichrome (needs a server pack)
Strom Racer

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited August 01, 2003).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 01, 2003 02:12 PM            
Just a random thought:

(Peter Piper Picked a Pack to Play on Premium Servers?!?!?!?)

For 'setup' it would probably be easiest just to set up one 'LDA_FUNDDM' and have Jim switch the pack once a month.

For selection:

Since this particular configuration is brought up once a month, we may just play it by ear. In other words, starting the Monay following the Fun Server Sunday, decide on the next mod pack.

OR

I think this is a great idea:

The Player with the best Frag - Deaths
of the 2 Ranked DDMs that preceed the Fun Server Sunday combined (i.e. the 2nd ranked DDM of the previous month, and the 1st ranked DDM of the current month), gets to choose the mod pack.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 01, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 01, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited August 05, 2003).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted August 01, 2003 02:21 PM            
OR... take all the current server packs that are finished then, figuratively, pull one out the hat! A randomly generated one every 2nd sunday no no 2 same packs in a row!

just to make it a little more interesting!

IP:

posted August 05, 2003 01:41 AM            
Well, it looks like the 85 weapons won out for the 1st Fun DDM. Let's hope that it gets loaded. The reason why it won was because it was SSO. And who voted...the admins of the community server. We will rotate through them all.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

Paranor
posted August 05, 2003 08:14 AM            
It's gotta have the shockwave weapon. Just gotta. Gotta gotta gotta gotta!

Anything with modded maps? Lots of cool maps.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 05, 2003 12:23 PM            
THIS Sunday, the 10th of August, it will be the 85 weapons and powerups, stock maps, master flag pack. Nothing for anyone to download!!
Next fun Sunday after that will be the 14th- be prepared to DOWNLOAD for that event!!

Corrected typo (note the 9 and the 0 are next to each other on the keyboard)

[This message has been edited by Blue n Gold Sue (edited August 06, 2003).]

IP:

Irascible
posted August 05, 2003 12:47 PM            
Par: No and no. Grease the pockets of your favorite server admin and you may get your requests another time. Though I must tell you, they ain't cheap.

IP:

Irascible
posted August 05, 2003 02:23 PM            
OK Par, it's yes and no. It will be stock maps. But I cooked up a SSO version of shockwave. It's a little different from the original though. That's the price you pay when converting a weapon that uses a custom mesh and sound to one that doesn't. It'll look like a greyish mine layer. It may be hard to find since there's around a one in ninety chance of it spawing at a particular weapon location.

IP:

A2597
posted August 05, 2003 04:31 PM            
Hmm...maybe slightly lower the weight of the nukes on that server?

seriously, every other minute there is a nuke of some sort going off...hehehe
(LDAs ReVenge being the worst...but fun)

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

posted August 05, 2003 04:33 PM            
Ahh...Sue...I think you need to check your calendar. This Sunday is the 10th, which will be the Fun DDM with 85 weapons.

Then next Sunday, the 17th, will be another ranked DDM.

Then the next, next Sunday, the 24th, will be the Clan Battle.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 05, 2003 05:38 PM            
Nuts, I'm going to be in Dallas on the 24th. Maybe I can borrow my Sisters internet. I'll have to see.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Irascible
posted August 05, 2003 09:03 PM            
Every other minute there's a nuke going off??? Pfft!!! When you consider that each round is only twenty minutes, that would mean only 10 nuke or nuke-like weapons went off. I'd say it's more in the neighborhood of a nuke or nuke-like weapon exploding every 30 seconds.

IP:

Irascible
posted August 05, 2003 09:14 PM            
BTW, It's never actually been stated that LDA's Revenge is a nuke. It's more like a high impact, in your face, floating spherical billboard - which sadly may be the first attempt at TM advertising that I've ever seen. :^)

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 06, 2003 12:42 AM            
Shouldn't the maker have checked with LDA then?

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

posted August 18, 2003 01:16 AM            
Sorry Ras and the TM community...the Fun DDM did not happen. There configuration was not set up correctly. Still need to get it straight with LDA Jim. Will work with him on that. Sorry again.

IP: