|
Author Topic:   Proposed LDA Community Server TeamCTF public test
KiLlEr
posted July 30, 2003 10:57 AM            
Hi all!

August 2nd - This Saturday (hopefully) - TeamCTF test 9pm EDT ( 1am GMT )

You will need 2 files to play:

Master Pack (Size: 35 Mbytes)
http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/dlmanager.php/?FILE=TeamCTF_Complete.zip

Server Pack (Size: 282 Kbytes)
http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/dlmanager.php/?FILE=TeamCTF_Lite.zip

The documentation can be found here:
http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/main.php?page=TCTF/into_index.php&group=TCTF&uid=&

The server pack has alot of the effects cut down to improve gameplay for 56k'ers.

Please check out the online docs (link in first post). I know its a drag, but most of the maps are not standard CTF maps and you will be lost if you pop on the server without a briefing.
(You wouldn't want to pop in a friends house without your breifs would you? LOL )

Starting TeamCTF requires you to run a bat file. The docs also tell you more about this as well as what to do if the bat file work.

If you have any Q's post here or send me an EMail or ICQ.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 30, 2003).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 30, 2003 11:34 AM            
Lets make it easy. Here's the setup:

TimeLimit = 15
FragLimit = 200
StartDelay = 15
CoolDownTime = 8

These are the maps, with descriptions:

dedimap0 = therush.ved
The Rush http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/main.php?page=TCTF/doc_ctfTheRush.php&group=TCTF&uid=&
There are 4 flags on this map, 2 for team black and 2 for team blue. One pair of flags (one black and pne blue ) are home flags which cannot be picked up. The 2nd pair of flags
which can be picked up are hidden inside towers. One black tower covers the black flag, one blue tower covers the blue flag (see link for images). You must destroy the tower in order to get the flag. You have 6 to 8 secs to grab the flag before the tower reappears. once you have the flag, you plant it at your home flag. Black team captures blue flag from blue tower and returns to black home flag, Blue team captures black flag from black tower and returns it to blue home flag. The home flags look like regular CTF flags. If an attempt is made to pick up the opposite teams home flag, the offending playing is immediatly dispatched wth no mercy.

dedimap1 = cityassult1.ved
dedimap2 = cityassult2.ved
City Assult http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/main.php?page=TCTF/doc_cityassult.php&group=TCTF&uid=&
This is the first of the switch off maps where one team acts as defenders and the other attackers. In the second map, the teams are reversed. The goal here is for the attacking team to take the 'balloon' (see link for images) which is actually a detonator device in day-glo pink (LOL), and get it to the nuclear power plant in order to destroy the powerplant. The map encompasses a large city, surrounding hills and lakes. (i.e. its a BIG map). Once the attackers blow up the reactor, the game ends.

dedimap3 = tctfwar.ved
TeamCTF War http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/main.php?page=TCTF/doc_tctfwar.php&group=TCTF&uid=&
This is a regular CTF map that takes place in a large enclosed and hilly map with some buildings as obsticles.

dedimap4 = ctftowerraid1.ved
dedimap5 = ctftowerraid2.ved
TeamCTF Tower Raid http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/main.php?page=TCTF/doc_ctftowerraids.php&group=TCTF&uid=&
The second of the switch off maps. Again, one team plays the attacker and the other are defenders. This is a more tacticle map. It is a small map with deep ravines for cover. The attacking team needs to obtain the defending team's flag by destroying the tower. Once destroyed you have 6-8 seconds to grab the flag. Then take it back to your flag for a capture. The defending team can recharge the tower's health by runing over the recharger (see link for images). Also the attacking team's flag cannot be picked up. The 2nd map has the flags reversed.

dedimap6 = tctfisland.ved
dedimap7 = tctfisland2.ved
Death Island http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/main.php?page=TCTF/doc_ctfdeathisland.php&group=TCTF&uid=&
This is a normal CTF map with a tacticle twist. One teams flag is in a city, the other is in the open. The 2nd map has the teams reversed. This is a particularly fun map, as you get to really see which tank does well in the various settings of this map. Ths map features cities, flat areas, mountains, inlets, and a lake. One word of caution. DONOT go off the island into the surrounding water (you see a long straight line of spaw points on the radar). Doing so will result in instant death. Here is a satellite recon of the map with its various areas highlighted: http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/images/DeathIsland%20Tactical.jpg

dedimap8 = citidel1.ved
dedimap9 = citidel2.ved
Citidel Invasion http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/main.php?page=TCTF/doc_citadel.php&group=TCTF&uid=&
The third of the switch off maps. Again one team is the attacker, the other is the defender. Then on the 2nd map, the teams switch. Basically the attacking team grabs the flag at thier spawn point and take it to thier home flag located inside the citidel. This is a large map with large flat areas, a central ridge, and several lookout towers where the denders spaw. The attackers home flag is surrounded by mini towers. The attackers will need to destry them to gain access to the home flag. Once the flag is captured the game is over.

Maps not in rotation:

Parts Thief http://treadmarks.boomstickjoes.com/main.php?page=TCTF/doc_ctfpartsthief.php&group=TCTF&uid=&
This is a large map. Actually its 8 maps total, which is why its not in rotation. THis is the last of the switch off maps where one team is the attackers and the other is the defenders. The goal is for the attacking team to locate the goody box (listed as 'the item', see link for pictures), grab it and take it back to a landing pad. Once the attacker's succeed in doing this, the map is over. Why is there 8 maps? The goodie box is located in 4 possible places and is one map for each of these hiding places. Then each one of these 4 maps has sister map with the teams reversed. Totaling 8 maps.

Hope this helps

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 30, 2003 02:42 PM            
Didn't think the frag limit could be set to 200. It was either up to 99 or unlimited if I recall...

Sounds good either way. Keep it up, Killer!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 30, 2003 03:28 PM            
I think the max limit is 254, maybe 255.

IP:

harmless
posted July 31, 2003 04:29 AM            
wow...
if i decide to join in, go easy on me,
it all looks a tad confusing...
since i can get lost easily on normal maps
and looking through all of the different CTF tanks...
what would be a good one for me to use initially?
tanks alot
harmless

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 31, 2003 04:37 AM            
Work

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 31, 2003 11:55 AM            
harmless (and others): the tanks behave very differently from regular TM. The big lumbering tanks really ARE big and lumbering, but pack a whallop of a hit. Those are best if one is going to be standing at one spot (or patrolling a small area). The hovers are very fast and very maneuverable (they were more squirrely, but that is better now). Personally, I like the firefly, but the tanks with rocket launchers are pretty good, too, as well as the tank that throws flames

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 31, 2003 03:46 PM            
try any of the Medium class tanks. WIth the exception of the Goblin and Bulldog, they are fairly well balanced between speed, armor, and power.

The hover tanks are great if you like to sliding is part of your style, and are faster than the tread tanks. But they can become difficult to control.

A trick to remember if you plan on using a hover. If you want to spin around quickly, take your foot off the gas. Holding the gas down while turning causes the tank to move in a shallow arc, instead of turning around.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 31, 2003 10:16 PM            
Dagnabit, I am working that evening! So sorry Killer. I've had a lot of weekends off lately and I just plumb forgot. I did take Sunday off as a "floating holiday" for the b-days around here and I can take some time before 3 pm my time on Saturday if people can play earlier in the day. Again, my apologies about forgetting.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 01, 2003 04:16 PM            
Just a reminder.

Sue: I don't think I make it that early, I'll be at the dentist in the morning and it depends on when I get back, and how I feel. I plan to have the server up the full day though (if there are no objections).

But the big try out will be at 9pm EDT.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 04, 2003 04:42 PM            
Due to circumstances out of my control, I was unable to attend my own test, oh well, nobody showed up anyway. :/

How would does this coming Saturday at 9pm EDT sound?

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 04, 2003 05:25 PM            
Killer, due to circumstances beyond my control I never saw the server up. Did it never get put up? I still would have missed the 9:00 p.m. test time but I never saw it up before or after then.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted August 04, 2003 06:19 PM            
I won't be available from August 8th to the 15th. V A C A T I O N

IP:

posted August 05, 2003 01:38 AM            
Sorry about that killer, I could have made the CTF last Saturday, but I was so sore from doing massive cleanup at the inlaws that all I thought of was bed. Also sorry that we will be gone on vacation.

Still would like to do it.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted August 05, 2003 09:22 AM            
No prob guys, as I said I missed it too. LOL

All I need is 6-8 players Saturday. We can get a good handle on how many people it can hold with this mod.

The server was up, its called LDA_TEAMCTF.
You were probably looking for my server whic I did take down to prevent confusion.

So, I'll try again this coming Saturday at 9pm EDT.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted August 05, 2003 01:44 PM            
I only saw three servers, LDA, LDA-DEMO, LDA-DDM. I saw a team CTF one, but it didn't have the right ip range.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP: