|
Author Topic:   High Quality TM
wolfman
posted July 29, 2003 04:05 PM            
All I can say is AWESOME! Beautiful effects, flamer, machinegun, tank gun, etc etc All are improved greatly. Noticed a bit of slowdown when hot and heavy action - believe due to all the extra shrapnel - though I could be wrong. Shrapnel reminded me of the aerial mine layer weapon. Appreciate all the effort you put into this - skyboxes and maps are perfect. Improved flame effects WOW. Anxious to try it online - let me know if you want me to put up a server.

------------------
Anarchists of the world unite and organize ;) And you too can be a militant pacifist!

IP:

A2597
posted July 29, 2003 05:26 PM            
could you?!?
I'd LOVE to see how it works online with all the added ents...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

wolfman
posted July 29, 2003 09:29 PM            
Have put it up. Played pretty good. Even played it without having the HQ mod pack loaded. Detail still great but flamer invisible and boxes for shrapnel. Still get improved flames off of hit tanks etc. Also, played on LDA Server with the HQ mod loaded on my end and saw all the added improvements. Hope people give the server a try and post the feedback here. Thanks again for the great work.

IP:

A2597
posted July 29, 2003 11:56 PM            
OK:
Proposed changes:
Lower tank gibs lifetime alittle, once they hit the ground.

Bugs:
TankDeath sound got changed, need to fix that
Cruise Missile isn't leaving a smoke trail

------------

Ideas for lowering lag:

Get rid of smoke effects for weapons (Other then Machine Gun), and get rid of dirt being kicked up. While nice details, they do create some lag. other then that, I think it will be OK.

keep the bug reports coming!

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 30, 2003 12:05 AM            
Love to do a full article on this for DMF - where do i download it ?

IP:

posted July 30, 2003 09:43 AM            
Yes, I too love the better graphics.

Now if you could fix the ram drill that would be cool. Currently the drill will only kill at he tip. You can have an opposing tank completely inside of the drill with the tip hanging out the other side and the opposing tank takes no damage. I would love it to happen that in those situations that the tank is instantly fragged.

Well, that's what I would want.

Thanks for listening.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited July 30, 2003).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 30, 2003 11:04 AM            
Dont need to do much to fix the ramdrill 0 just look at the blue sprite, for example ill call it "spark.bmp" - load it into photoshop or another paint prog, copy whatever the background colour is and overpaint the blue colour, save it back out and put it in addons under the same tree structure.

If its an IMG file - me, Sailor or RC will have to do it unless A' has the software to edit them - its a relatively quick thing to do anyway and you shouldnt need any modding experience.

If on the other hand its a vector, like the gau which spits a vector "flame" as it fires. then just find it's skin, again blank it out with its background colour (the one tm uses for transparency) and again save it into addons - VOILA no spark...

IP:

Paranor
posted July 30, 2003 11:13 AM            
High quality what? where? who?

IP:

Paranor
posted July 30, 2003 11:13 AM            

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted July 30, 2003 04:10 PM            

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 30, 2003 05:13 PM            
Awesome, I was unable to get onto the HQ server but I did play on the LDA server with it While I didn't get to see all the effects, it made it a much more "beautiful" gaming experience. As you may be able to tell I didn't wait to download it after all.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

A2597
posted July 30, 2003 05:33 PM            
now THAT is a long way around to do things matrix...

much faster to open DrillBit.ent, and point it to the all black texture.

currently playing with making the whole thing hurt, not as easy as I hoped, but doable.

------------------

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 30, 2003 07:43 PM            
Here Enjoy

class = projectile
type = DrillBit
name = a Drill!

speed = 0

damage = 0.2

kick = 0.0

crater = 2
depth = 0.5
scorch = 0.5

ExploEnt = YellowSparks
ExploHitEnt = explosphere/fireenvsmall2

Texture = sprites/LumpyFire1.bmp
Width = 0.001
Height = 0.001
Blend = add

HitScan = 1
HitScanRange = 9.7

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 30, 2003).]

IP:

A2597
posted July 30, 2003 09:13 PM            
hitscan, cool idea. I was just going to use a 0.1 width and 7.5 length projectile...must admit, I like yours better.

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 31, 2003 12:26 AM            
Thats why i dont make weapons LMAO !!!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 31, 2003 04:39 AM            
How about a link to the dload in the server description?Some people don't come here and we joining because people were playing.

IP:

A2597
posted July 31, 2003 09:01 AM            
mainly because its stll beta...there are still alot of flaws in it, and if it becomes publicly available, I don't have a way to keep track who all has it.

its almost done now. Probably a week before final release.

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 31, 2003 10:49 AM            
Just want to say, "this is incredible", i would reccomend LDA link to this on their treadmarks.com downloads page - a most worthy unofficial upgrade - Damn fine work A'

Ill work up a DMF news item for the site when you release the final so i can link to it.

IP:

Paranor
posted July 31, 2003 11:11 AM            
Hello?

What is HQ TM?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 31, 2003 11:46 AM            
I played it a bit single player and then again on Wolfman's server. The fire effects are GREAT!! The schrapnel frags are surprising the first time, but make complete sense. I was playing windowed with ICQ open and once I got a message my system was unable to keep up - got frozen in the game until I dealt with the message (and since the message was important, I had to leave, sorry)
A2597, if you want to know specs here my are: http://home.pacbell.net/sudajobe/_Susan_.html

IP:

A2597
posted July 31, 2003 03:34 PM            
Par,

check your e-mail and get on ICQ more.

------------------

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 31, 2003 04:29 PM            
I didn't have any trouble on the server last night. The only thing that I see that needs to be done is to put some smoke trailing on the cruise.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

posted July 31, 2003 04:31 PM            
that would be cool...

IP: