|
Author Topic:   LDA Community Server - all read please
KiLlEr
posted July 29, 2003 10:51 AM            
Hi all!

I've switched the LDA community server to the Race configuration. Please have a run at it to make sure everything is working properly.

The rest of the proposed testing schedule:

Tues/Weds - Racing test
Thurs/Friday - Stock CTF Test
Saturday (hopefully) - TeamCTF test
Sunday (hopefully) - Clan Battle test

IP:

posted July 29, 2003 01:43 PM            
yo...I want a Ranked DDM this Sunday. NO testing.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 29, 2003 02:44 PM            
You took down LDA or another one of them? We had some fun on LDA last night with lots showing up and I was hoping it would happen again tonight

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 29, 2003 04:06 PM            
There is a problem with the dedicated.cfg files for LDA_Race and LDA_CLANBATTLE.

Niether of these servers are working properly. To add to the problem, the ClanBattle server is running outside of LogScan and has the same name as the DDM server.

The official LDA_DDM server is on port 12302, the other server is on port 12303. That other server, which is showing up as LDA_DDM is actually the LDA_CLANBATTLE server. Since it somehow managed to run outside of TMLogScan's control, I have no way of killing it from remote without taking down the server named 'LDA'.

I sent an EMail to Jim about this problem, but I haven't gotten a response yet.

In the mean time the LDA_DDM server on port 12302 (a.k.a the Official LDA_DDM server) is up.

Basically, we can switch between LDA_DDM, LDA_STOCK_CTF, and LDA_TEAMCTF without a problem. LDA_RACE and LDA_CLANBATTLE are DOA.

( EDITS appear curtousy of "I Can't Type For *&!@^^#@& music, ASCAP" )

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 29, 2003).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 30, 2003 12:08 AM            
I think we need another ALL VS TIGER lol... that was so much fun lol... half the fight was tryin to figure out where he spawned, and by the time you had, there were so many tanks on his a$$ it was pointless to pursue and he was dead b4 you could actually get a shot in LMAO !

He left in a huff .. and just 3 minutes later - corpse signed up for a new dmf forum account. Interesting timing.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 30, 2003 12:12 AM            
Additional Thought: Tiger Boy was the proud owner of the "Matrix Die" server with zero ping thats been up for a good couple of months. I logged the IP of said server, and i log IP's at the DMF - also ive setup IP logging software on my comp - so next time im in a game with the tiger striped one - ill have him nailed, and ill expose his a$$ for whoever he really is along with IP tracking details RIPE info ISP details and IP range so those of you who want to block - can.

The least i can do

IP:

yugo2
posted July 30, 2003 02:35 AM         
TP (we know what that is really used for) is okay to play with until he shoots off his mouth. I can even handle all the "take that" comments. It is just the misogynist lingo where he shows his lack of creativity. His style, at its worst, reminds me of coughing up a hairball- kind of like a magic trick, but it stinks.

When TP started up again recently, he was okay for about a week, then started shooting it off again. Old cat breath likes it when people egg him on. I think it is important however not to drop down to his level. I myself have made this mistake more than once. Its okay to call him a flea bag, just keep any other comments above the waist. Guys like that don't need any help looking like an idiot- they do just fine by themselves.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 30, 2003 03:08 AM            
So true yugo . however, if they cant get on the server to cuss in the first place - Ah-Haaa

Im not that bothered myself - insults are met usually with "Thank you" lol.... but he should be sensitive to the fact that there are not only new players getting the game, see that and comparing it to other games (like jeep chick did with tanarus)... but kids play too - Jon for example, DNX Shadow - both under 12 ..... a name is a name - without asking, how can you actually know the details of the person behind the keyboard ?

IP:

corpse
posted July 30, 2003 05:52 AM            
so Matrix
r u saying i'm TIGER?
i think not!
hope that ip log of yours works .
and after you nail that f er
then you can post it was NOT me.
and yes i did resign up for dmf forum.
if you still think i'm TIGER delete me
from dmf forum.

IP:

posted July 30, 2003 09:26 AM            
The LDA_RACE configuration was not right.
I have resent the weapon folder and the stdcheckpt.ent file to LDA Jim. All the stock weapons were there which made for a boring race. The turn around of weapon spawning was the standard 2.5 seconds, not the 1.0 seconds that is needed to get a weapon quickly.
I have also requested that the master flag pack be put in.

Once these are in racing on the community server can happen. Hope to see you there.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 30, 2003 11:07 AM            
quote:
r u saying i'm TIGER?

- I didnt say that corpse, merely an observation of time .... the IP log will reveal all soon enough, im not accusing anyone at the moment because i dont have enough to go on. No offense intended.. just struck me as a bit coincidental.

IP:

wolfman
posted July 30, 2003 05:47 PM            
As an observer - whether u meant it or not it could easily be construed that was exactly what you were implying. Tiger Panzer is just a putz pure and simple - I try to watch my responses to him vis a vis who is on the server - females (don't like using offensive language around them - old fashioned that way) and younguns - have one of my own. JT

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 30, 2003 06:35 PM            
Then i offer appologies, i wasnt implying or intend to accuse. Sry Jim. I just found it very suspicious is all - it's not your character anyway.... a mystery is afoot

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted July 31, 2003 11:38 AM            
Like me, Corpse i think is quite capable of mouthing off if he wants to but there have been to many accusations in the past and they all turn out to be wrong. So far noone has ever been traced for it and i bet noone ever will. I had the fingar wrongly pointed at me to on occation.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted July 31, 2003 04:04 PM            
*cough*

IP:

posted July 31, 2003 04:29 PM            
Well, the weather is nice here. How is the weather there?

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

synack
posted July 31, 2003 08:19 PM         
I'll chime in here to say that I was amongst the first to flame Corpse on the BBS for extremely foul language when he first arrived on TM servers.

However ...

It has been my observation in recent months that he did a complete about-face. I've had quite a number of friendly encounters with him in that time, with no 'language' issues at all.

I will stand on record defending Corpse's assertion that he is NOT the offending party.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 31, 2003 08:27 PM            
I dont believe anyone said he was ... why all the defence - im merely stating that im sick of the panzer and that im now logging all ip's that connect in any way to my server, my computer or the DMF.

If ppl dont want to know who he is - well thats fair too - i myself will be adding his ip range to my firewall.

After all - it's a free country - right

IP:

coaxs
posted August 01, 2003 12:09 PM            
Poor corpse, no one is accusing you. Time will reveal the real individual.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 01, 2003 05:44 PM            
I'm not Tiger Panzie...

IP: