|
Author Topic:   Race Ladder Rule changes…Dialup will be able to get to the race line on time.
posted July 28, 2003 01:02 PM            
Did a few changes to the rules to help all.

- Added 30 seconds to the start delay. The delay is now 90 seconds to allow dialup to get there on time. Majdawg and Cybercannon were having troubles getting to the start line on time. Will be increasing the start delay for the racing with AI to 90 seconds also.
- Decreased the post race time by 30 seconds. Wanted to keep the total time between races to 2 minutes.
- The modded weapons are now in a pack and pointing to a new link site.
- Jockeying for a better position at the start gate is permitted. Anyone may disconnect and reconnect at the start of the race as many times as they please. However, the dialup should be happy to just make it to the line in time.
- Anyone may get a lap time. One needs to finish the race to get it. The screen shot needs to show the large gray lettering of your placing; the placing of all the racers (tab key), and the best lap time. Originally, the best lap time only applied to the 1st place finisher because they were the only ones able to finish course in time to get the screen shot. Recently, I bet Cybercannon’s lap time in The Ring map. I was in 2nd place but I still finished the race to get the best lap time.
- The weapon exchange will happen once a month. Too much work to do it too often.
- Race anytime as much as you want for ladder points. Since Bam has the race server up without AI, the racing can happen at anytime. One needs to have 2 persons at the start and at the end for a race to count. Send the screenshots to me. See the rules for more details. Recently, Corpse, GA Queen, GA#3 Jon and I raced Sunday morning. Please don’t get over zealous or the race time will be limited to Thursday at the 5 & 9 PM Pacific Time race slots.

Below is the link to all the rules: http://www.hallsted.org/race-ladders/race-ladder-rules.html

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

posted July 28, 2003 06:55 PM            
OK...so that 30 second cool down is too short. Will increase it to 60 second as it was before. Susan had a talk with me.

------------------

IP:

posted July 28, 2003 06:56 PM            
Forgot this too. Changes to the rules will only happen once a month. One will need to be reading the post to be up to date on any changes.

------------------

IP:

Teulk
posted July 28, 2003 08:03 PM            
Jockeying for position?? Whoa...interesting concept.

IP:

A2597
posted July 28, 2003 08:11 PM            
THANK YOU for the added start delay. I had the same problem.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 28, 2003 10:17 PM            
Could I also add that you don't WAKE ME UP to race... I like my Sunday morning sleep (my only chance to sleep in). What a (racing) monster we have created

IP: