|
Author Topic:   Race Ladder Weapon changes…fewer trips to Mirror land.
posted July 28, 2003 01:00 PM            
This is the beauty of this race ladder. If you don’t like a weapon there, get a 100 race ladder points and replace the hated weapon with one you want. Below is a list of the new changes in the race ladder. Gone is the Ow missile and the trips to mirror land when hit. The mighty holding of the shadow is also gone. The punting of concussions and mass driver are out. And the poisonous mist of Acid cloud has cleared. The racing will be calmer with less trips to mirror land, but just as deadly with Pure chaos, Fiery chaos, Plasma storm, Swammers, and Mine thrower. Below is the list of the weapon exchanges and by whom.

Pure chaos is in and Ow missile is out per GA#3_Jon. [SSO]
Fiery chaos is in and the Shadow is out per Teulk. [SSO]
Swammers are in and Concussions are out per 666. [Stock]
Plasma storm is in and Mass driver is out per BamZipPow. [Client side]
Mine thrower is in and Acid cloud it out per 666. [SSO]

Below is the complete list of the weapons currently on the Race Ladder server. http://www.hallsted.org/race-ladders/race-ladder-weapons.html

Below is the link to download all the modded weapons needed. It is called the Race Ladder Server pack for August 2003. It is at the bottom of the page. http://www.hallsted.org/race-ladders/race-ladder-status.html

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

A2597
posted July 28, 2003 08:14 PM            
cool....

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

posted July 29, 2003 01:39 AM            
A quicker link is here for the new Race Ladder pack
http://www.hallsted.org/RaceLadderPackAug03.zip

------------------

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 29, 2003 01:49 AM            
Both servers (that I'm hosting) have been updated...

IP:

posted July 29, 2003 10:41 AM            
Very cool Bam. Hopefully the community server will also have it up and running for tomorrow's race. Have to wait and see.

------------------

IP:

posted July 30, 2003 09:35 AM            
As some of you have seen on the community race server (at it current incorrect settings), having all the stock weapons and hardly any "off the radar" weapons make for a boring race. As I have tested, using mostly stock weapon allows whomever is in the lead to stay in the lead.

That is why I had to decrease the number of meduim/melee weapons (stock) and increase the number of "off the radar" weapons (modded). This made the race far more interesting because the lead will turn over several times within a 2 lap race.

So...I hope to see you all there...I promise that the race will not be boring.

------------------

IP: