|
Author Topic:   Schedule thread + one more test thread = TODAY we have a clan battle! Or not.
Irascible
posted July 27, 2003 05:03 AM            
Judging by what is stated in the schedule HERE and by the grammatically challenged and obsessed one's comments HERE , it appears that it's clan war time. There's been no formal thread on the matter. So those that actually care, if any, haven't had proper time to hassle their fellow clan members about showing up. Perhaps we should make today a fun day. Or not. My ambivalence on the matter is only exceeded by my indifference. :^D

On the off chance that there will be a clan battle, let me start the festivities by saying that everyone who's not in whatever clan I'm in sux - except for that two-timing Par. He sux anyway. ;^)

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited July 27, 2003).]

IP:

posted July 27, 2003 09:12 AM            
Ras is correct...we should just test the server out again. Part of the reason the obsessed one, me, did not push for any battle this Sunday was that the community server was not up. And I did not know why. There needs to be better lines of communication on what goes on with the community server.

Let's start the next month out with a Ranked DDM as scheduled. Thus you clan will have 4 weeks to get you member ready for a Clan battle.

We still need to decide on what the fun one should be. In looking at the download site of Harmless there are server packs ready to go. And would be easy to get the community server.

Hallsted I AM – which uses the Clan maps and some of Sailor’s maps
Ras’ 85 weapon – which use the stock maps
And Matrix DMF Anarchy – which use the Matrix maps

We should start off with using these as fun DDM to do.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 27, 2003 09:19 AM            
What do you mean the server has been down?

Its listed as LDA_DDM, unless your talking about the Clan Battle DDM server.

I've EMail Jim asking him to restart LogScan so it can update itself, once its up, we have control over switching the servers.

IP:

posted July 27, 2003 11:00 AM            
Yippee...this is good.

We...the keepers of the Community server will be posting...soon...all the different configuration that are set up and the details of the any files needed to be on them. Soooooo...hold on tight. thx

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 27, 2003 12:43 PM            
Yes, we can't adhere to the schedule until we have the ability to change the server as needed - which is coming real soon. August will probably be the month of the true schedule if all goes well this afternoon
today is just for fun

To clarify, my YES was in agreement with RAS, who said NO clan battle today.
NO CLAN BATTLE TODAY

[This message has been edited by Blue n Gold Sue (edited July 27, 2003).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 27, 2003 01:23 PM            
Clan battle - TODAY - ..... nope, i cant muster the guys in time...... if u do it i cant guarentee any dnx will attend. Those who read this may, but the ones who arent informed will be upset at having missed it.

IP:

posted July 27, 2003 02:18 PM            
I agree...not clan battle today...we are still working out he titles of the servers.
Talked to Killer today, and we need to add the work "Ranked" in front of any event that is for points. So there is still some work to be done. Leave teh clan battle for next month.

IP:

Irascible
posted July 27, 2003 08:49 PM            
Hopefully today wasn't an indicator of things to come. Was it the same in games two and three?

Maybe Killer was doing a logscan update or some other nefarious activity. We need a scapegoat. Killer!!! :^)

IP:

posted July 27, 2003 09:14 PM            
ok so it was not just me...yes it was laggy. Both Susan and I thought it was us.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 28, 2003 01:16 AM            
Yeah found out 3 hours after the fact:p

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 28, 2003 10:15 AM            
hehehe. Scapegoat

Good News and Bad News.

Bad News:
The lag was caused by an inexorbant number of exceptions being generated on the LDA server. LogScan was not finding the lines.txt file, which is a critical piece. This is also why there are no player stats even though people were playing. I've EMailed Jim asking him to correct it.

Good News:
Switching between the different TM server configurations from remote works smoothly now. There is a maximum of a 7 min delay between selecting the TM server configuration on the admin panels to the switch taking place.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 28, 2003).]

IP:

posted July 28, 2003 02:11 PM            
Thanks for solving it Killer. The next one will be ranked. Oh yeah!!!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 28, 2003 03:43 PM            
K, Jim modified the TMLogSCan config and the DDM server is back up. Please jump in and check it out.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 28, 2003 04:47 PM            
Here I was thinking it was just my dial-up. Though I do think that may have been part of the problem for me.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP: