|
Author Topic:   Anarchy mod
Frightening
posted July 25, 2003 11:38 AM         
The new maps and weapons are cool (always looking for new maps), but how can I play the original game now when I want to? I have tried renaming the 2 weapons folders in the addons folder, but the new weapons still load.

Thanks

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 25, 2003 11:52 AM            
It's a matter of renaming the entire "addons" folder. TM will only look for ONE folder titled "addons" If you change the name to "Anarchy" and then title a seperate folder containing OTHER addons back to "addons" from, say, "STORM" (a different add on package) you will then have to ability to adjust your game.
There are other ways to do this, as well, including something called the TM Entity database manager. It can be found on Blandy's site. I believe if you found the Anarchy pack (and the patch) you can find the EDM also on the DMF site in the drop down box.

IP:

Frightening
posted July 25, 2003 01:16 PM         
Neat program, however there are 54 new weapons (a lot of disabling). I find playing with all the new weapons to be a little overwhelming at first (and still).

It would be nice if there was a disable all choice as there is with the maps option. Now the question is, do I want to create a new addons folder and use up 192mb of HD space to accomodate my desire to occasionally play with just the original weapons.

IP:

coaxs
posted July 25, 2003 01:52 PM            
Definately yes.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 25, 2003 02:11 PM            
You can, as I understand, disable any specific weapon or tank etc. just by placing a couple of ## in front of them. Enableing is just the reverse.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 25, 2003 02:17 PM            
Thats what TMEDB does - cept it saves u opening every ent to do it manually. TMEDB is the fastest way.

Thx for the compliment on the pack too - i must confess, stock TM seems very dull to me now lol...

But sues right - just goto the TM folder, and rename "Addons" to "Addons Anarchy" - none of the new stuff will load up - if it does, you unpacked it wrong; though i did it a very safe way and included a MUST READ ME file. But theres only so many things u can do - it's really upto the person doing the unpacking to take the time to read it.

Hope ya gonna join in the Next Tourney (requires registration at DMF) - We will / should have servers dedicated to DM FFA, Team Domination & Standard Team Games.

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 25, 2003 02:19 PM            
PS: im making some additions to the pack for the next tourney - including about 50 new flags, some weapons, and about 5 new maps.

IP:

Frightening
posted July 25, 2003 04:01 PM         
OK, here's how I did it. I compressed both addon weapons folders. Then I made self extracting .exe out of them. Then I deleted the original weapons folders. Now I can play all maps with the original weapons. If I want the added weapons, all I have to do is double click on the self extracting .exe and the folders are recreated. This holds a lot of possibilities and I did not have to use 192mb of disk space to do it.

IP: