|
Author Topic:   Picked up Tread Marks at bestbuy
coaxs
posted July 24, 2003 02:04 PM            
Found the new version of Tread Marks at best buy yesterday. It has a different looking box than the older one. Very-very cool. It only cost me $20.00 . Which is very cheap compared to other games but expensive if you already own it. kv was the one who told me he saw it at best buy and was the catalyst for me to pick it up.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 24, 2003 02:37 PM            
Guess I'll be heading out to Best Buy and see if they have it here.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 24, 2003 02:43 PM            
Sweet, now they just need to advertise.

Question, are they still working on TM2 or at least a upgrade for this game? And will that require a new release?

IP:

A2597
posted July 24, 2003 03:33 PM            
I hope so...Maybe I should contact Jim about it. I could have FUN with realtime lighting...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted July 24, 2003 05:53 PM            
Tread Marks 2 work, which was in support of the PS2 (now dead) is on hold while we finish up the LDA arcade.

That said, we expect to be back working in 3D by the end of the summer. The first task will be to write a Direct-X version of the Tread Marks engine.

An RTS game based on the Tread Marks engine is in the planning stage now, but we could carry on with a Tread Marks 2 with dynamic lighting etc. if there is demand, which depends a lot on how eGames does with their release.

Jim

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 24, 2003 08:30 PM            
Nice info, but what we really really wanna know of - is a rewrite of the server code, 6 players is about the limit on a DSL 512k line... i could support that as a 56k host in bz 4 years ago.... i have the original "dan keigel - activenet protocol" code fram activision if its any use to you.

In act games, ppl with DSL can host 30 players plus b4 lag kicks in and have a ping below 50 on most occasions.

A DirectX version of the engine would be most welcomed too - thx for the update.

IP:

KONG
posted August 23, 2003 03:18 PM            
I picked up another copy today at best buy for 19.99 . Much nicer packaging than the first version I purchased. There were only 2 copies left, so where are all the new players?

IP:

DNX-goku
posted August 23, 2003 05:16 PM            
they will come hopefully newbie greters front and center

IP:

KONG
posted August 24, 2003 12:15 PM            
I notice after installing from the CD that the directory structure has changed somewhat.

E Games has added a bunch of crap on top of the game, mostly a system for them to get you to their website.

When installing you get a prompt to install in-game notification. I suppose this tells you while you are playing about new games and stuff that egames releases?

I would like to register the game but I think it registers you with egames and not LDA.

IP:

Paranor
posted August 24, 2003 02:31 PM            
Why is PS2 development dead?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 26, 2003 03:37 AM            
Wow! CompUSA has it fer only $10! Get them while the price lasts...

IP:

BamZipPow
posted August 31, 2003 02:53 AM            
Okay...this is it!!

Penny shipping this week only (Offer is valid August 31, 2003 12:00 a.m. - September 6th, 2003 11:59 p.m. CDT only)

No excuses now! You can't get this any cheaper if you even went down there to pick it up! $10 plus tax! Gas would cost you more than shipping!

IP:

SA
posted August 31, 2003 06:02 PM         
quote:

Wow! CompUSA has it fer only $10! Get them while the price lasts...

That is what the price should have been to start with to generate alot of sales. With multiplayer games Like Tread Marks you need to get the game in as many hands as possible to have alot of people to play against. A low price especially from the onset will do that.

[This message has been edited by SA (edited August 31, 2003).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted September 04, 2003 08:19 PM            
Only a few days left fer that penny shipping...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted September 12, 2003 11:55 PM            
I think that the official classification should be changed from racing to tank battle for marketing purposes. That seems to be what it really is at heart and I think a lot of people will put it down as soon as they reach the part of the description that calls it a racing game.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted September 15, 2003 07:48 PM            
Since I've put up the SSO demo server, I've been advertising the game to the newbies who connect to it. Not sure how long I'll leave the server up.

Seems that the price of only $10 at CompUSA is a bonus point to get their attention.

IP:

Hawk
posted September 16, 2003 10:54 PM            
I noticed TM was on the shelves at Best Buy the other day and nearly passed out with joy. I made strange noises and people looked at me funny. It was pretty embarrassing in retrospect.

IP: