|
Author Topic:   TM Community Server Schedule…vote what you want…lots of room.
posted July 22, 2003 12:11 AM            
There is lots of room for everyone to get on the community server is we can control which configuration that can be brought up at anytime.

So far, only all Thursday and Sunday are taken up. Therefore CTF, Strom, Ras 85 weapons, Dichome Bridage, Hallsted I am, Robo’s stuff, GA stuff and anyone elses stuff could be on the server. Another would be testing out the maps Sailor and Kong make. There is lots of room there. Just need to have people decide when it should be.

In the end, the completed schedule will be posted at Killer’s and DMF’s. Though it would be nice to have a calendar at LDA…hint…hint…hint. It would make it seem official.

Below is a list of the schedule that I will edit until it is all settled.

Monday - all are open
1st –
2nd –
3rd -
4th -

Tuesday – all are open
1st –
2nd –
3rd -
4th -

Wednesday – all are open
1st –
2nd –
3rd -
4th -

Thursday:
Every Thursday is Race Ladder finals. No AI’s for scoring.

Friday – all are open
1st –
2nd –
3rd -
4th -

Saturday – all are open
1st –
2nd –
3rd -
4th -

Sunday:
1st – Ranked DDM, no AI’s
2nd – Fun DDM, no AI’s
3rd – Ranked DDM, no AI’s
4th – Ranked Clan battle, no AI’s

IP:

KONG
posted July 22, 2003 12:21 AM            
Umm, what was the question again?

------------------
Qersys

Ut sementem feceris ita metes

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 22, 2003 12:53 AM            
DMF has a calendar system installed & ready already showing most events - just externally link to the page and let the calendar do the hard work for you

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺™
-
§Ìģ ©2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Irascible
posted July 22, 2003 01:11 AM            
Killer wants CTF and I second it. He use to do it Wednesdays. Killer, speak up!

For what it's worth, I'd recommend keeping the number of changes down to a minimum. What "minimum" means is up to you. There may be a lot of enthusiasm at the moment. But as time wears on it will become increasingly incovenient to the person(s) responsible. If they have to make changes nearly daily they'll soon get less and less reliable about doing it.

Many of the mod servers mentioned can be sampled on LDA on the "fun Sunday". Or maybe even better, pick one day a week as "sample the mod day". You could rotate mods on that day. 4 mods a week plus CTF, DDM and racing would mean daily changes and a real pain in the arse. Or CTF, DDM, racing and sample day would mean three less changes a week while still sampling storm and all sorts of things. Or... if demand for racing or CTF isn't big enough then they could be rotated into the sample day. Then you're down to three changes a week.

Just a thought. It doesn't much matter to me what happens. I'm just thinking of the server admins. AND, the more events/changes you have the less likely you'll get many people to any particular one. We have so few people to begin with that we may not want to spread them to thin.

IP:

KONG
posted July 22, 2003 01:16 AM            
Probably best to just keep a few "special" events per month. Otherwise it tends to get old real quick. This way people can try to work them into their schedule.

------------------
Qersys

Ut sementem feceris ita metes

IP:

Irascible
posted July 22, 2003 01:23 AM            
Oh, and Devily-Poo...

Don't forget the occasional 5th of whatever day of the week that sometimes happens. Quoting your better 2/3rds proposed and generally accepted suggestion: "and if there is a month of Sundays, then that is another fun day".

Teehee.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 22, 2003 01:36 AM            
LOL, THanks I will speak up

Though I was talking about my TeamCTF mod.

But yes, a CTF server set up is needed as well. so we have:

1) DDM
2) Race
3) TeamCTF <--only need it up once a month for events
4) stock CTF

any more?

as for a calander, the Event calander on my site will show specific events (like a DDM pr TeamCTF Challenge for instance), but for regular games we should use the DMF calander. I'll speak with Matrix about how to keep the 2 in sync.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 22, 2003).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 22, 2003 01:43 PM            
I'm for whatever.

IP:

posted July 23, 2003 12:24 AM            
OK...so I was a little overzealous...but you get my point. There are lots of slots for everyone who wants to put the effort into it to get their configuration on the community server.

IP:

posted July 23, 2003 12:26 AM            
yes Kong it was funny.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

posted July 25, 2003 03:15 PM            
Does anyone know what happened to the community server? It was all set up for doing DDM's.

------------------

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 25, 2003 03:20 PM            
Jim set up Logscan and I was doing some tests with remote disable/enable. It worked one way but not the other. :/

The server should be up now as Jim manually re-enabled it. I have disabled logscan from remote on the LDA server so as to not affect anything over the weekend. I'll be hard at work to fix this problem over the weekend and have a working version ready on monday. (and its a good weekend for it to, my wife is going to a bridal shower tomorrow ).

Also, Jim added the following configurations:

Clan Battle
TeamCTF
Racing
Stock CTF

So we are setup serverwise. I just have to get the remote control working and we're all set.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 25, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 25, 2003 03:39 PM            
Thanks for taking this task upon yourself KiLlEr. Much appreciated

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 25, 2003 11:46 PM            
TMLogScan 3.6.7 is now running on BZP and my own servers for testing. Looks like we have a working enable/dsiable release folks

I'll send it to LDA on Monday, I'll let it burn in one these servers for the weekend.

Also, the LDA server selection page is now setup for the server admins in thier MyBoomstick accounts.

Namely BZP, Queen, 666 and I will be the admins. We will be responsible to coordinate what server is up when and to schedual any events that will run on the community servers.

I'll also EMail Jim with the information on setting up a MyBoomstick account for himself so I can add the servers to him as well. It is only proper for us to do so.

Lets give Jim a big thank you for letting us set this up and making it happen.

Hip Hip Horay!!!!

IP:

posted July 27, 2003 09:19 AM            
Killer when you say configuration...do you mean that there is a separate TM game installed for each of these? Or just different dedicated.cfg files?

I would like some clarity here.

When you say there is a race configuration, what does that mean?

We still need to do different configuration for the Fun DDM. I would suggest that we use the Hallsted I AM, Ras's 85 weapons, and DMF Anarchy since they are all downloadable at harmless' site. There would need to be different configuration for these also.

------------------

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 27, 2003 09:37 PM            
1) If you want different TM servers configured with different modded tanks and weapons being availible, then you need to have seperate TM installations.

2) If the servers differ only in what can be put inside a dedicated.cfg (maps, number of players, number of teams, etc) the all you need is different dedicated.cfg files.

So far, only the DDM and Clan Battle server fits catagory #2. All the others fit in catagory #1.

IP: