|
Author Topic:   Sunday's DDM...Need to test the new community server
posted July 13, 2003 12:19 AM            
We need to have everyone possible show up at the Sunday DDM server to see how many players it can handle. It is currently setup as a ranked DDM, but it is not this week.

If all goes well, the TM community will be able to have the RANKED DDM there next Sunday there..along with some other cool events like clan battle, racing, etc...

So...show up!

I, of course, will do the annoying ICQ of everyone to remind them.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

Rex R
posted July 13, 2003 04:40 AM            
well since it were just me on server...can't comment on capacity. find that I rather like having a mix of steel & ru/\/\liquid tanks for the bots. makes it more challenging

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted July 13, 2003 06:01 AM            
I'm there!!!!!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 13, 2003 01:02 PM            
Im with him - and he's there cos thats where he is

IP:

synack
posted July 13, 2003 02:03 PM         
But you can't get there from here.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 13, 2003 03:56 PM            
Naw, hed have to go there first.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 13, 2003 04:05 PM            
There's no "there" there.

(said Dorothy Parker about Oakland, CA)

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 13, 2003 05:51 PM            
your right, its there.

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 13, 2003 09:16 PM            
IT WAS GREAT!

IP:

Irascible
posted July 13, 2003 09:32 PM            
Not bad considering the number of peeps. I definitely got hit with some irregular lag. Was that just me?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 13, 2003 10:02 PM            
Nah, we got lag, too. David thinks it is from the AI's...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 13, 2003 10:18 PM            
Did everyone use stock flags?

if the master flag pack was not installed on the LDA DDM server, and a player was using a flag from the pack (or from another pack), then that will definitle cause lag. The server pumps out tons of error messages due to the missing files.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 13, 2003).]

IP:

posted July 14, 2003 12:50 AM            
Yes, I will check to see if the master map pack was in. I was surprised that the AI's were in the games after the 1st one. It seemed that the autofill was working but for some reason all the games after the 1st one it did not. I had left the AI's in so that people could have something to shot at.

I will have the AI's taken out.

I also think that the additional AI did not help matters. Just more info for the server to push out.

I will have looked at the screen shots. On the 1st game there were 14 people at the end and no complaints of lag.

On the Black Mesa map, there were 10 players and 4 Ai's and I did experience some lag.

So...let's have a ranked DDM for next Sunday. I will start a new thread for that.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted July 14, 2003 12:30 PM            
well to be honest I'm quite pissed off! the last game I was like..10 frags ahead of everyone with something like...27 frags? then my puter crashed! I went to bed! ARHG!!!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 14, 2003 12:52 PM            
.. and if Woody installed TMLogScan, then none of this would have ever happened.

You won't loose frags if you get disconnected when TMLogScan tracks the Event.

And deaths are correctly reported as well.

(nudge nudge wink wink say no more say no more )

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 14, 2003).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 14, 2003 01:01 PM            
Incidentally. You may not want to install any more ent files than need be. The more ent files you have the more resources TM uses and the worse it will perform. ( not counting override ents in the addons directory)

Also, you may want to trim down the visuals on the WMD's. That helps players with slower video cards.

I'll zip up the cut down versions of the Nuke and matter weapons, minus the modified projectile ents, for ya if your interested. (Armageddon uses these)

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 14, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 14, 2003 01:22 PM            
Sounds good Killer
What we also need to work on is the clan set up. What is different about the set up for clan battles? I know teams are installed, and the clan flags. Was there anything else different?
GoldAnt made a nice little SSO mod, changing the names of the teams. Maybe we could do that, so it would show as[list]
  • DNX blue team
  • GoldAnts whie team (can't we be gold??)
  • BWL black team
  • LWA green team
  • DOG gold team
  • TC and ZE red team

Ant also figured out how to get more teams than 6 on a server, so if any new clans show up, we can do that too
    Since I don't want Jim to get bombarded with e-mail messages, how about a point person for these changes. I am happy to do it, but if anyone WANTS to do it, let me know and I can pass on to you what has transpired I owe my next born child to LDA

IP:

• KiLlEr
    posted July 14, 2003 01:28 PM            
    K, I'll pack up the WMD files tonight.

Let me know if LDA agrees to set up TMLogScan on that server. I can put together the server side data, and then just EMail over the program. It still needs to be configured on the TM server end as you know Sue.

IP:

LDA
    Administrator
    posted July 14, 2003 06:22 PM            
    I don't recall putting any flags in. I just put in the clan maps and changed the weight on the Plasma mine and wonky gun.

The best is to email me directly with any requests and send me any modification files as email attachments.

Jim

IP:

synack
    posted July 14, 2003 06:59 PM         
    Jim,

I always fly the American Flag you folks most graciously created post-9/11.

I wonder if it's in the master flag pack? I hope so. I'd hate to strike the colors. But if were the cause of lag, well then I'd take it down just for DDMs.

Somebody please to enlighten most humble tankdriver.

IP:

Rex R
    posted July 15, 2003 01:30 PM            
    yeppers the stars and stripes (2 versions) are in the flag pak. off hand I'ld say that if LDA wants to limit the added flags that their version should be installed(and mayhap the canadian flag... )

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
    posted July 15, 2003 09:51 PM            
    I've checked. There is an American flag in the Master Flag pack. I linked Jim to that file and send him the changes to the config file.
    Currently working out the clan set up.

IP: