|
Author Topic:   LDA: We need specifics about the server for the DDM’s
posted July 10, 2003 04:46 PM            
We would need to know the following before we all get too excited. Please chime in if there are other things that I may have forgotten.

- How is the server going to be setup? I would think that LDA would use the existing LDA IP and add the additional files for the DDM’s.
- How many tanks do you think that the server could handle?
- Would it be possible have it setup every Sunday for the DDM/Clan battles?
- When is the first possible Sunday that this can be setup?
- How are we supposed to remind you to change the server over for the Sunday event?

Much appreciate a response.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 10, 2003 06:03 PM            
hm, could have a small ftp server running in the background, so that somebody could upload the server files to the computer when changes are needed (shouldn't really need changes though). also www.tightvnc.com is a good prog for remote computing if you guys are intrested in that at all. I use it all throughout my house so I don't have to walk about (its actually quite fast over the internet also (even on a modem its decently fast)).
just some ideas

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted July 10, 2003 06:16 PM            
I've downloaded the Clan Maps, so I assume that all I'll need is for someone to email me a dedicated.cfg file and any other config files that you have changed.

I'll set the ports and get it up and running tomorrow afternoon Eastern Time....pending receipt of files, otherwise I will be in the office off and on over the weekend....

Jim

IP:

posted July 10, 2003 07:11 PM            
I will work on it today unless someone volunteers.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 10, 2003 10:17 PM            
I was going to do it David, but if you want to since YOU are at home and I am at work, feel free to
I think you also have to include the shadow into the addons folder with zero weight, and the plasma mines with lesser weight.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 11, 2003 02:20 AM            
Testing the files as we speak. They should be coming to you soon, Jim.
So this means this Sunday we can have a REAL DDM! w00t!!

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted July 11, 2003 02:58 PM            
OK... as of 3 PM eastern, the Sunday DDM server is up and running on our site.

Let me know how it performs.

Jim

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted July 11, 2003 05:50 PM            
Jim, I e-mailed you too regarding this, but I can't get onto the SundayDDM server. I tested the config file on our server before sending it to you, so I am not sure what is wrong. I am thinking it has to do with the port settings. I put in the config file that you would use port 12300, but you are using 12302. Maybe that is enough to cause this problem? Anyone else have connection problems??

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted July 11, 2003 06:22 PM            
It should work now. The config had the max teams set to 0... I've set it to 2.

I had set the ports, or you wouldn't have seen the server at all...

Jim

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted July 11, 2003 06:37 PM            
We'll plan on running this as a community server, so I'll add whatever mods the community wants.... long term or for special occasions etc.

We'll still keep one unmodded server running, as it's part of our arrangement with eGames, plus the demo server...and see how it goes.

Jim

IP: