This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   more high quality pack pics...
A2597
posted July 10, 2003 12:49 AM            
just a few more teaser shots.

the flame thrower now uses an animated texture, and the turret now has smoke rather then the flare it had before.

comments?

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

A2597
posted July 10, 2003 12:55 AM            
oh, and for those wondering, the map is Wind Chill.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 10, 2003 02:22 AM            
Flames look terrific, im doing an upgrade to the anarchy pack for the next tournament - would you consider allowing me to add it for the destructive use of

Sky's look great too, very smooth.... my TM doesnt work in 32 bit tho - produces lot of empty polys on the ground.. lord knows why.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 10, 2003 03:10 AM            
Just one question. When are you expecting to have this done? *starts drooling*

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

A2597
posted July 10, 2003 08:14 AM            
sheesh...everyone wants this thing...

It will be done when I'm happy with it. Currently I have many more skyboxes to render, some (Very few now) terrain textures to render, and some (120mm, tank) explosions to mess with.

after that, I think I will be happy with it.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 10, 2003 09:59 AM            
U kickin tree graphics ( IMG files ) outa that thing to get the animation going ?

IP:

A2597
posted July 10, 2003 10:05 PM            
Yeppers. they work great.

actually, I'd LOVE to up the detail on the trees....hmm...*Where is that tree tutorial in blender...*

------------------

IP:

A2597
posted July 24, 2003 01:42 AM            
Quick update:

made two more skyboxes, decided two old ones need to be redone...

ADDED:
New bullet effect for the Machine Gun. looks much better. (Screenshot later)

New TankGun Explosion, anyone that has actually seen explosions knows how they look, smoke, fire...etc. again, screens later.
Basically, you have a small fireball that turns into smoke as it floats away, oh, and dirt flies.

Things Left:
Finish all the skyboxes
Avenger needs new effect...any suggestions as to how?
TankGun HIT effect
Air Raid needs new effect
swarmers need new effect
concs need tweeking
get rid of that stupid spark at the end of the ramdrill (easy)
get rid of that dumb blue sphere from the tank explosions
make new tank explosion effect (Not so easy, want a GOOD one)

after that, version 1.0 will be ready for testing...

bear in mind, I'm changing ALOT, but NONE of the weapons will fire differently, they just will look better...
thats actually harder to do then I figured, make em look good, while NOT changing their properties...its so, tempting.

------------------

IP:

A2597
posted July 24, 2003 01:55 AM            
ok, shots.

first off, this doesn't do it justice, but heres the tankgun explo

and again, you have to see it in action to appreciate it...but, heres the bullet effects

if you look close you can see it kicks up dirt. (Both shots)

------------------

IP:

posted July 24, 2003 09:16 AM            
I did not mind the sparks at the end of the drill. It let you know that it as working and where it was. And it is the only part of the drill that will frag. I have had a tank where the drill was sticking out the otherside of the tank and nothing would happen. Only the tip will frag. Now if you made it so that the entire drill would frag a tank that would be cool.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 24, 2003 01:33 PM            
Already did

Thats what was used on my Joust server.

If you need it let me know, I can give it to you.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted July 24, 2003 02:15 PM            
Avenger could use some extra sparks...just like when an A-10 uses it's gun on a tank. THOSE kinda sparks....yes....

IP:

A2597
posted July 24, 2003 02:22 PM            
*Goes to dig up some A10 weapon fire movies*

now THATS an idea...

muahaha

------------------

IP:

A2597
posted July 24, 2003 02:29 PM            
BTW, if anyone has a request, now is the time to ask...

keep in mind I'm NOT changing the weapons, just how they look. Although I may make the whole ramdrill hurt, I think I know how.

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 24, 2003 02:40 PM            
Can you make pieces of metal or something fly off the tank when its hit? You know for a little more realism

IP:

A2597
posted July 24, 2003 03:25 PM            
I can do that (And its in) for the tank explosions...

I could try to do that for every single hit ent though...*eep* LOL

OK, due to the way that the avenger works, I can't make it as cool as I wanted...
but I did make it so the barrels smoke as your shooting, and added smoke to the explo ents...

------------------

IP:

wolfman
posted July 24, 2003 05:20 PM            
Very, very cool Bud. The 20 mm gatling that someone did was pretty neat - maybe some effects from that with the avenger. As for a request - Please Please is there a way for the sheep to start on fire if hit with the flame thrower lol or go splat if the tank runs into and over them. As it is now the sheep act like speed bumps - like they would really do that to a tank lol Keep up the great work - I am also drooling but that is a personal problem lol

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 24, 2003 05:40 PM            
To make them go splat when you run em over is easy enough to do, but it will be very laggy.

No dice on setting them on fire though. Can't make the fire 'stick' to them.

Hmmm. perhapse thats not wool, but rather a form of asbestos?

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 24, 2003).]

IP:

wolfman
posted July 24, 2003 06:33 PM            
Thanks for the info - was hoping that the flaming wool thing could be doable without being laggy - like in Serious Sam when you burn some of the dudes they still run around with their hair on fire - one of the funniest things I have seen yet. Thanks again. JT

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted July 24, 2003 10:23 PM            
I should have checked here before making my other post.

When the tanks exploe, can you make shrapnel fly away from they explosion? And have the shrapnel cause some damage if it hits you. maybe that shrapnel could actually be generated in real time by hacking the wireframe for the tank apart at random? not a programmer, so I don't know if this would be possible with the TM engine.

Just got another idea. What if weapons left scorch marks, bullet holes, dents, etc. in the tank upon impact? Maybe the feature that deforms the wireframe for the tank as it takes damage could be modified for the dents?

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited July 24, 2003).]

IP:

A2597
posted July 24, 2003 10:29 PM            
tank explosions already implemented with shratnel, and yes, it hurts. (A little to much I've noticed, to many times I've blown myself up running over a peice of shratnel sitting on the ground...)

making the sheep squish..hmmminteresting idea, KiLiEr, how would you do it? I may be able to make it non-laggy..

as for fire, I can make it stick to them, but no idea how to make it know WHEN they are on fire....

tank deform...doubt its possible, but I'll look into it..

------------------

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 24, 2003 11:50 PM            
The squishy sheep would be bouncing projectiles with VERY long life times. Making them go squish is just a matter of setting up the hit explo. As an option, you can give them negative tracking so they will try to run away when you go after them. BWAHAHAHAHA!

You can add them to a map by using the mesh placement tool and changing the class to projectile and type to your squishy sheep. This is how the firehydrants and mailboxes are done in the Boomstickville map. well, actually its done with a dummy mesh and an entitychain, but I discovered that just placing them on the map works just as well. The trick is to generate them without imparting velocity. Alternately you can place a spewer that would spray out a bunch of them and place that on the map. When the map loads the spewers would generate the sheep. But the problem with this would be that the sheep will have an initial velocity, whereas just placing them on a map makes them static (until a tank approaches, if you put in the negative tracking). But this is laggy if you start adding more than a handful (count up the hydrants and mailboxes on boomstickville, thats about the limit). Any more and it will slow down the game big time.

Making them go on fire this way is simply adding a smoke ent, but like you said, the key is when. Too bad we dont have destructable meshes. that way, you can replace the destroyed item with a burning version. But then, this would be VERY laggy.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 25, 2003).]

IP:

A2597
posted July 24, 2003 11:55 PM            
well, that would work for new maps, but old maps? they have them entered as squishy objects....

------------------

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 25, 2003 12:01 AM            
entity chain them to a squishy. the squishy would be a tiny triangle that would act as a dummy object.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 25, 2003).]

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 25, 2003 12:08 AM            
A2597, LOL we're playing forum tag!

Turn your dang ICQ on

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2