|
Author Topic:   Hey, look no treads...upside down steel tank.
posted July 07, 2003 12:47 AM            

Well, this was a 1st. I have seen many a liquid tank upside down and stay that way. The jpg above is a steel tank upside down. What I think happened is that the tree is stopping it from turning over. Still very funny.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 07, 2003 08:33 AM            
* points at NI's flag * lol.....

Upside down steel !!

IP:

KiLlEr
posted July 07, 2003 09:39 AM            
LOL. it could be that, but also the game engine gets confused and doesn't turn over tanks that have flat tops. I've seen lots of tanks treads up laying on thier front quarters spinning in circles unable to turn over. I'll grab an anim next time

You see, the tanks has 4 contact points, one in each corner on the tread side (Not suprisingly, they are where the 'dust' comes from). at least one of these must make contact with the ground in order for the tank to move. if none touches down, the game engine is suppose to flip it over, but for some reason, it gets confused as to which side is up.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited July 07, 2003).]

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted July 07, 2003 07:51 PM            
HAHAHA! man, that's quite sweet! @ both tank an flag LOL

IP:

posted July 07, 2003 09:29 PM            
Ni...it is a very cool flag...that is why I use it. Also most servers now have the master flag pack on them. Even Ras had to cave in and put it on.

So, Ni...when are you going to hit the track??

IP:

rcy
posted July 08, 2003 12:06 AM         
I like the nuclear biohazard sign, lol.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted July 08, 2003 10:40 AM            
well, as soon as I release my 2 week autobiography into the dmf, then manage to settle down for a week! lol

IP: