This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Tread Marks Reunleased??
goodnews13
posted June 26, 2003 02:29 PM         
Been playin the game for years now and still do frequently(mostly with three or four friends). Pardon me if this is old news (I looked through the recent posts and didn't see anything) but apparently a company called Outerbound Games(formerly known as EGames) has repackaged and re-released our beloved little game. The new box is a fantastic tri-fold number with all new artwork and a new disc. I just picked it up at CompUSA today for $20. Damn, I hope they advertise this thing a little and make it into the hit it always deserved to be. It's not listed at the outerbound.com site yet, but I assume it will be shortly. Sorry again if this old news but hopefully this will give some new exposure to this incredibly underrated game.

------------------
...better yet, why don't you use those powers of yours to pass the potatoes?

IP:

goodnews13
posted June 26, 2003 02:31 PM         
Whoops..make that "reunleashed".

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted June 26, 2003 03:40 PM            
Cool...

Outerbound is part of eGames. They are publishing Tread Marks 1.6 with a few menu changes to make it easier for players to get into the training maps and hopefuly get interested in continuing on.

Jim

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 26, 2003 09:10 PM            
Excellent news Jim - glad to hear it.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 26, 2003 10:07 PM            
How come we didnt get the nod on this so we could get the word out on our websites ?

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted June 27, 2003 12:15 PM            
eGames have licenses for North America, Germany, Brazil and Australia. They didn't request a license for the UK.

From email feeback, it seems that copies of 1.5 are on the market illegally in the UK and Ireland.

I've had confirmation of a copy purchased at a PC World in Liffey Valley, Dublin and a few confirmed copies purchased at Poundland stores in England. Unless they are new presses of an old 1.5 disc, these copies must be old AAA games stock and should have been pulled over a year ago. Somebody ( other than LDA ) is obviously still making some money as no distributor or store has contacted us to ask where to send us our cut

Jim

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 27, 2003 03:14 PM            
Contact HMV, Virgin Games & Game In Leeds Jim, they all had AAA Game 1.5 copies about 3 months back - i make it a rule to check whenever i go in....

I should grab the managers to one side and get info on whos the supplier...

Course, id need to be acting in an authirised representitive kind of way otherwise im just a bum off the street who could be anyone. I should take along the LDA email address / website and your name and see what i can find out - then when / if they enquire - you know its me.

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
Click here to goto the DMF Toplist
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted June 28, 2003 04:30 PM            
I had purchased copies of Ver. 1.6 from Game in Harlow at about the same time.

------------------
TM Tank drivers licence applied for

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 28, 2003 10:34 PM            
Sounds like Essex shops are sorted then robo....

Lissen m8 - theres a do on in Brighton on Sept 13th, its a computer game retro music event - u interested ? 15 hours long event me n galway are going down if u fancy taggin along. Let me know if ur interested and ill get the info to you

------------------
-
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted June 29, 2003 06:05 AM            
Hey Matrix, you hav`nt asked me and KJ1 yet ! Who is galway ?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 29, 2003 10:27 AM            
Sorry man, no offence, the offer goes for anyone here who is in the uk....

Galway is a friend... some on DMF know the name, but gal doesnt post here...

------------------
-
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted June 29, 2003 12:00 PM            
What you goin on about Matrix,me and KJ ARE from the UK, Ipswich in fact. I invited a few of my m8s to, mad Dave an the Evil lepricorn. We got five crates of lager an six bots of Smirnoff, anyway its to L8 now they nearly all gone, sorry m8 yal just have to start without us.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted June 29, 2003 12:38 PM            
*I live just South of Carlise now too*

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted June 29, 2003 12:53 PM            
Always amazes me that there are not more of us in the UK, probably only about 7 i think.
Speaking of leprechauns, anyone know what the difference is between a dwarf and a midget ?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 29, 2003 09:40 PM            
You lot should put your pin on the world location map at DMF (requires forum membership)... its surprising who is where

------------------
-
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Robo Jaws
posted June 30, 2003 07:48 AM            
Been there done that

IP:

goodnews13
posted July 03, 2003 10:26 PM         
So... anyone else bought this new version or spread the word?

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 04, 2003 10:29 AM            
It's not a new version, its 1.6 CD marketed by a diff company. If you have the 1.6 version patch installed - then it will be identical.

DMF cas carried the news about the release of the 1.6 CD for ages now, and is investigating UK 1.5+ cd's on sale.

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted July 04, 2003 11:25 AM            
Had a look on the Outerbound website but could see no mention of TM there.

IP:

goodnews13
posted July 04, 2003 11:49 AM         
When I say new version, I meant new version of the packaging and product. Cmon guys, don't you want that shiny new Tread Marks box?

IP:

corpse
posted July 04, 2003 01:32 PM            
the 1st time it came in a box the 2nd time it came wraped in a piece of paper
theres NOT going to be a 3rd time

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 04, 2003 02:07 PM            
I hate to sound nagative, especially about my fave game.... but hardly anyone ever plays..... why would LDA bring out 1.6.1 or any other version without a community to support it and spread the good word.

Apart from the odd match here n there, a tourny, ddm or other small event, the games dead..... I use the term small because DMF has over 100 registrants, here has over a thousant registrants - how many take part..... 15..... how many show up to euro DDM's ? Race's put on by 666 ? Arma put on by Joey.... has anyone actually built a tank yet with boomstick ?

Everything IS in place.. nobody (or hardly anyone) appears to be using any of it !

So whats the problem ? time..... effort..... other interests... boredom ? OR WHAT !

If TM is to get any better, LDA need to see its worth putting the effort in, want another version of TMapper or ENTegrity or TMEDB.. who will use it ? STORM Mod.. how many ppl play it .... BZ Mod, is it even worth completing.... will i be the only player......

It's getting very lonely out there boys n girls.....

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted July 04, 2003 03:00 PM            
Think i gonna be the last player ; (

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted July 04, 2003 03:06 PM            
Anyway i play at least five times a week !!
Under a different sue soo, name, my latest handle is Leo kotke`s number plate, work that one out and stay fashionable.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 08, 2003 01:26 AM            
mh, that is so truthful it hurts. everything *IS* in place. the bonfires all loaded with fuel, just to start it roaring and feeding it.

TM Needs advertising!!, it won't last much longer without it. If we all help out we can get this going. What can we do? Whatever happened to the TM T-Shirts. we could get a few of those, put some cool screenshots on the back, with web site and brief description. Like, Looking for something new? Something Unique? See a game engine like no other. www.treadmarks.com , try the demo and be awed. 40 megs, every minute of the download worth it!

Could also put this description with a TM logo on it on a small card. Just give these cards out to people. (not randomly, unless your brave). People tell me to try games, and I always forget to, but a little card in your pocket, will eventually get onto your URL bar of your browser (at least 50% of the time). Im up for helping any way I can, tired of not seeing TM a success. Instead we have games like well, won't list anything, but we have some pretty stupid ones out there that the world plays just because "they" were advertised good. What can we do matrix?

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2