|
Author Topic:   Race Ladder weapon update...yes you need to download a few new ones
posted June 24, 2003 03:28 AM            
They are listed below. You will need to download homing missile and radmines. For more details go to the web site here: http://www.hallsted.org/race-ladders/race-ladder-status.html

To get the new weapons go here: http://treadmarks.elitehunters.com/tm_download.asp?id=14

23 June 2003:
· Rad Mines are in and Fire mines are out per 666. [Client side]
· Speed missile is in and cruise missile is out per GA#3_Jon. [SSO]
· Homing missile is in and Ice ball is out per Teulk. [Client side]
· Plasma rain is in and das Tornado is out per 666 [SSO]

IP:

posted June 24, 2003 09:11 AM            
Almost forgot, Bam you will need to tell me what weapon it is that you want to replace. You still have a weapon to select.

IP:

posted June 26, 2003 01:08 AM            
Yikes, those homing missile are deadly. There are a guaranteed frag at medium range. Good pick Teulk. I was acutally glad to get the ice ball out.

The das Tornado is gone, thus racers like Ni and Cyber should not get kicked out. Sorry JVortex, I do miss that twister though.

Plasma rain works well at the finish figure 8 on the Simian map. Racers are having to be in one area for awhile.

But the speed missile is somewhat of a dissappointment. I have seen several missile just hit the ground without a tank nearby.

The Radmines will take some timing. Need to have a racer about a gate behind for the explosion to work.

And my favorite is tree strike. I love seeing green trees in Desert Divas and Ice world.

Just too much fun.

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 28, 2003 04:33 AM            
Lose the Afterburner and stick in the Jump Gun!

IP:

posted June 28, 2003 11:42 AM            
No can do.

Rule 2 of “The reward for a player when he/she reaches 100 points in the Ladder:” states:

quote:
2. If one chooses to add a weapon, one must also choose a weapon for deletion, in the same weapon classification.

I would consider jump gun a trap weapon while afterburner is a power up. The reason rule 2 exist is to ensure a balance of weapons and powerups in the race server. One may chose any one of the traps for exchange: Acid cloud , Plasma rain, Rad mines, Land Mines, Tree Strike , or Shockwave.

In addition, this is not a rule, but it would be rude to exchange a weapon that was just recently added. Not impossible but just

Alternatively, I am willing to introduce a new class of weapons, mass destruction. That would be flower power, the nuke, LDA revenge, etc…
Or I would be willing to add another “off the radar” weapons since it could use another one.

The whole point of the weapon exchange is to reward the racer for playing and allow them a chance to change something that they do not like. Creating a dynamic race ladder that the racers help to create.

IP:

Teulk
posted June 28, 2003 12:33 PM            
Or just tone the afterburner down!!! Half the time Im using it, I can't see a thing---the screen is just one big fireball!!
As for the nukes, well, Imho, we should stay away from them. I was under the impression that massive changes to the race course were going to be avoided. We all know how the Armageedon map turns out--thank God it only shows up once or twice a night!!
Just my 2 Francs worth

IP:

posted June 29, 2003 03:18 AM            
Had a talk with Bam and after reading Teulk’ post I see that all parties want the afterburner reduced. So be it. I do not want it out because it has already set lap times on several maps that cannot be bet with the use of afterburner. I will try the following:
AfterBurner 300 weight with 25 ammo. This reduces the ammo by ½ and put the weight at the same level as the stock weapons.

Let me know what you all think. I will be testing it out on my server 1st.

As for the nukes...just take out the rutting and you can still have the same zone of destruction. Thus nukes are possible.

IP:

posted June 29, 2003 03:37 AM            
Ok...on my race server is the nuke at no rutting and at a weight of 10. I will be testing to see how it does.

IP:

posted July 01, 2003 12:22 AM            
Ok...so it will be permanent. The afterburner powerup will stay at 25 for ammo and have a weight of 300. It does not show up as much and it over quicker. But I will tell you...get to know the afterburner...it is you freind and will help you win races.

I also put in the nuke at no rutting and a weight of 10. It shows up every once and awhile. But without the rutting it will only blow you up. Still fun to hear, "A nuke has arrived."

------------------
Race Hard...Race Fair...See You at the Race Line

IP:

Teulk
posted July 01, 2003 01:23 AM            
Y'all have a gr8 race night Thursday, as I am unable to attend either session--night shift again, for me--
Was hoping to experience the new set-up, but that will have to wait for two weeks (same schedule the week after--poor me )
Race on!!!

IP:

posted July 09, 2003 01:21 AM            
Don't need to add any weapons for the coming Race Ladder finals. The ones to be looking for this next week will be:

- Bam wants jump gun, this is a trap weapon thus I exchange acid cloud for it.
- Jon wants pure chaos which is an "off the radar" weapon. I would just add this one to get 5 off the radar weapons.

Check to see if you are close to a 100 point on the ladder. Then you too will be able to exchange a weapon that you would want to add.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited July 09, 2003).]

IP:

CyberCannon
posted July 09, 2003 11:21 AM            
Hmmmmmm at the rate I am going I should reach a hundred in about 4-5 months.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP: