|
Author Topic:   Race Ladder results for 5 June
posted June 07, 2003 02:51 PM            
More results are in. An exciting time was had by all. Below are some of the highlites:

The link to the results is here. http://www.hallsted.org/race-ladders/race-ladder-status.html
Yes, the results are in alphbetical order. Will change to highest score next week.

· 666 ow missiled Teulk moments before he was going to finish in Brimstone letting 666 take 1st place
· Jon shot 666 to mirror land on the moon
· Teulk squeezed by 666 on Mosquito to take 3rd
· Jon had an amazing lap time of 3:34 on the Moon
· Cybercannon burned past 666 to take the new lap time of 40 seconds on the Ring
· Bam richocoted 666 into Teulk using distructo disk.
· Teulk tried to rocket past 666 to take first on Jumper but crashed into the finish post.

Some new strategies:
· Use a mite on the Ring map because it goes 170 mph
· Use a very stable tank on the moon
· Don’t pick up weapons in the lead so that the weapons do not turn over to “off the radar” weapons.

The best strategy: Go as fast as you can. The game is not over till you cross the line. Ask Teulk…he knows.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited June 07, 2003).]

IP:

CyberCannon
posted June 08, 2003 12:01 AM            
Wow I have trouble believing one of those. I'm sure you can guess which one.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

posted June 08, 2003 11:12 AM            
Forgot this...Since I hit the 100 mark I get to exchange a weapon out on the server. And it is done. Tree Strike is in Plamsa mines are out. No weapon needs to be gotten because it is server side out. For those of you wanting to see what other weapons are available I would suggest that you go to Ras' server, 85 modded weapons, and try them out. Many very cool weapons.

Again, thank you Ras.

I will send the update to the weapons site today.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited June 08, 2003).]

IP:

posted June 08, 2003 04:01 PM            
The Tree strike does not hit anyone...just have to avoid the trees. It is the same reason I did not include air strike. In racing you are going too fast to get hit by any strike. But I will admit that having green around on some of those barren maps makes the place brighten up.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited June 08, 2003).]

IP:

BamZipPow
posted June 14, 2003 12:47 AM            
If you are sitting/standing still (upside down tank, anyone?) the tree strike will get you!

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted June 14, 2003 04:42 AM            
666 I was racing my butt off and a tree strike DID hit me! I wasn't standing still!

IP:

posted June 17, 2003 09:24 AM            
Oh I see what you were talking about Cyber. I will have the lap corrected for the Ring map. It says 12:40 when it should be just 0:40. Sorry about that.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted June 17, 2003 01:11 PM            
So it does!!!!! I hadn't even noticed that. What I have trouble "believing" is that I actually beat you at all, as far as fastest lap that is.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP: