|
Author Topic:   Race Ladder Reward for the 100 point climb
posted June 04, 2003 01:49 PM            
To keep things interesting in the race ladder any racer who completes the 100 point climb in the ladder will be able to exchange a weapon of their choice for one that is currently in the server. The weapon to be exchange would have to be of a similar type; stock, traps, off the radar, and power-ups.

I know the one that I am going to do since I will be the 1st to make the climb. I will be getting rid of the plasma mines and putting in the treemaker. Note that both would qualify for traps, thus the swap is OK.

LOL…it will be too funny to see tree on the course on maps that don’t have trees.

Oh…by the way, I did reduce the weight of the das Tornado weapon from 40 to 30. It was just too disruptive and too decisive on who would win the game.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted June 04, 2003 03:34 PM            
I do like racing, BUT it can be very frustrating to get stuck in a tornado, then get an ow missle up the rear, then get shadowed and then get stuck in a second tornado! Some races ya just don't stand a chance!

IP:

Teulk
posted June 04, 2003 03:56 PM            
Must we do the trees????!!!!

IP:

posted June 04, 2003 04:33 PM            
LMAO...Teulk you are too funny. The trees are like normal trees. You can run them over or shot them gone. I would consider them less disruptive than das Tornado.

Besides that, Teulk, you are 1/2 way there to picking your own weapon to exchange.

Yes I know what you mean Susan. In 2 of the races last Thrusday, I had an ow missile and a distruto disk shoot me out of my 1st place finish. I had to be happy with 2nd place.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited June 04, 2003).]

IP:

CyberCannon
posted June 05, 2003 12:23 AM            
Are we not starting over then?

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

posted June 05, 2003 02:29 AM            
No Cyber, you will still have thier points as is. The one to reach 100 will start over at zero. There will be a seperate column for tracking the number of 100 point places that a racer does. The ladder is continuous with the weapons changing. This should be good.

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited June 05, 2003).]

IP:

Teulk
posted June 05, 2003 04:33 PM            
I gather the weapons trade will take effect AFTER the results are posted for a particular race series?? I mean, we do know who's going to be trading first!!

IP:

posted June 05, 2003 10:37 PM            
yes and yes. Yes that all will know because they will need to know what weapon to add if it is a modded non-server side weapon.

Well, it will be obvious because the ladder result will show it.

Another thing regarding the weapon exchange. Whatever weapon it is, it will be modified so that it does not rut the map and lower the amount of ammo of needed and the weight will be set in accordance to the cassification of weapon that it is. There is some room for fexibility.

Remember the goal is to have a race that is somewhat unpredictable in the outcome, exciting to race, and overall just fun.

IP:

posted June 14, 2003 11:42 AM            
No I have not gotten around to finishing the point count but I did a quick count and Teulk has completed the 100 point climb.

So...Teulk...what weapon do you want add and what weapon do you want to delete? If you have any question regarding the details, check out the rules at the link below. Let us know.
http://www.hallsted.org/race-ladders/race-ladder-status.html

IP:

posted June 16, 2003 02:54 AM            
My mistake...there are 4 people who get to exchange weapons: 666, GA#3_Jon, Teulk, and BZP. Yes...4...I may have to rethink this but for now...pick a weapon you want to add and pick a weapon you want to delete.

IP: