|
Author Topic:   hay Killer
corpse
posted May 28, 2003 01:02 PM            
whats up with the player stats on Boomstick?
did you know that they are not there.
lol

------------------
if you cant dance with the dead , get out of my coffin !

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 28, 2003 01:19 PM            
the table got wiped out again. I'll fix it when I get home. I have the system on Maintainence mode so that we don't loose any new data.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 28, 2003 04:18 PM            
I think I located the cause of the problem. Apparently my web host has transaction safe tables disabled. Eventhough I specified a transactional table, it defined it as a non-transactional table.

Whats the diff?

Any changes made to a non-transactional table are premanent. Changes made to transactional tables need to be committed manually. The benefit is that if I suffer an error in the middle of processing while using a transactional table, I can "rollback" any changes I may have made. You can't do that with non-transactional tables.

Of course, the server half of TMLogScan was coded for a transactional table. So, when it hit an error it issued a 'rollback'. Well, since it wasn't a transactional table, it deleted the whole thing. No warning, no error message, nothing.

At least you'd think that I would have gotten an error when I tried to create a transactional table on a database system where it was disabled. LOL

I modifed the server half of logscan to process as a non-transactional table. So it wont kill the table again. But I still have to get home to restore the player stats.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 28, 2003 07:08 PM            
OKay ladys and gents, The playerstats are back up.

IP:

corpse
posted May 28, 2003 07:32 PM            
cool
thanks Killer

------------------
Y WORK WHEN YOU CAN GO ON WELFARE! I WORK 40 HOURS A WEEK FOR THEM.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP TO
F THAT GET A JOB !!!!!
I CANT SUPPORT YOU NO MORE !!!!!!!!
I GOT X-WIFE !

IP: