This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Are there anymore SSO mods out there?
Irascible
posted May 26, 2003 11:54 AM            
The list of what's on my server is below. For those of you seeking truth in advertising, the pea shooter is number 85. Are there any SSO mods that I'm missing? The ones I know of for sure are Shadow Mines, Das Mirv, Pogo, Plasma Pulser, Shadow Summoner and a couple more I'm forgetting at the moment. They were giving me problems.

If anyone is willing to make SSOs out of their non-SSO mods and send them to me, I'd appreciate it. I've noticed that it isn't terribly hard to do on some of the mod weapons. Though please avoid weapons that take tons of ent files. My clients already have to synch 399 files. For those of you shocked to see your weapon in SSO form, you must have forgotten doing that.

IP:

KONG
posted May 26, 2003 12:33 PM            
So when are ya gonna send me a zip file of your server?

------------------
Qersys

Ut sementem feceris ita metes

IP:

Irascible
posted May 26, 2003 03:05 PM            
You've got it in your mail now. I only included the addons folder. The modifcations to the stock weapons will still have to synch up. Given all the work involved, I should have gotten more than a lousy 134 KB out of it!

IP:

KONG
posted May 26, 2003 03:57 PM            
OK, thanks. I put it up on my site

------------------
Qersys

IP:

CyberCannon
posted May 26, 2003 04:10 PM            
I just downloaded it.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

KONG
posted May 26, 2003 04:17 PM            
you really should move the modded stock weapons to the addons folder and remake the zip file. If you do, remail it to me.

IP:

Rex R
posted May 26, 2003 08:32 PM            
well there is a sso version of the maverick missile floating around. also check your email fer the close range tankgun projectile

IP:

posted May 27, 2003 01:05 AM            
Very nice list Ras...so are all of these at your site???

IP:

Irascible
posted May 27, 2003 02:01 AM            
Thanks Devil, but I'm not sure what you mean. I don't have a "site" per se. That's the list of weapons and powerups on my game server sans the pea shooter.

The maverick was another one I nixed Rex. Though in that case it was because there were too many long distance fire and forget weapons. That's why I heavily modified the nuke, cruise, tri-mirv, matter bomb, cluster bomb, air strike, gunship and whatever else. It's more fun that way, I think.

IP:

posted May 31, 2003 09:54 PM            
Ras...could you email me a word doc of the list. Much appreicated.

IP:

Irascible
posted June 03, 2003 12:45 AM            
No such document exists. You're looking at the closest thing to it. Plus, some of the file names you see aren't the actual names. I changed a few names for the pic so that they made sense to the one or two people that might actually look. Start typing.

IP:

posted June 03, 2003 12:49 AM            
hunt-n-peck...hunt-n-peck...where's a young whippersnapper when you need one?

IP:

posted June 04, 2003 02:21 AM            
Ras...if you update the list could you post a new jpg or send me the jpg. I plan to have the modded weapons posted at the race site so that racer can choose thier weapon when they reach the 100 mark. So...thx again.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted June 04, 2003 03:35 AM            
David, the modded weapons that are available for download AREN'T this list, hon. These are the modded mods that Ras played with. If you want a list of all the modded weapons that are EASY for people to download, just go to elite hunters and "go shopping".

IP:

KiLlEr
posted June 04, 2003 09:16 AM            
There are a couple on my site that are new that are not on elite hunters.

IP:

Irascible
posted June 05, 2003 02:55 AM            
Make me some SSO versions Killer. And stop changing TMLogScanner! The changes "don't take" sometimes and I have to fiddle with the gosh darn thing!

IP:

posted June 16, 2003 07:45 PM            
Ras...we have a request. Need to know what is the name of gravity bang and 5 min mines. Want to put them on the race ladder. thx

And thanks again...had a fun time at your server.

IP:

Irascible
posted June 16, 2003 09:04 PM            
The Gravity Bang's ent file is Powerwonk. FYI my version has a few significant differences from Dudy's original. The 5 minute mine is the stock mine modified, which isn't in the download. I'll send it to you when I get a chance.

Hmm. Certain modless servers have more mods these days. I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

IP:

posted June 16, 2003 11:29 PM            
Well...I see that you have been busy creating some very cool modded weapons. But you need to get them posted someplace so others can download them. Let me know if you need a place to post them. I would think that RC would be willing to help.

But for now I will have to pick a weapon from a site that is downloadable.

So...Please...get you modded weapons zipped up...they need to be avialable for all to enjoy. thx

IP:

Irascible
posted June 17, 2003 12:14 AM            
They're on Kong's site, except for the modded stock weapons. That's why I said I'd send you the mines... you know... cause the rest is already available... nevermind. Since you're nagging like a little woman, HERE! That's everything. Happy now? If Kong can update the download, that would be appreciated. Comcast is going to change the URLs. So I don't know how long my link is good for.

Just to be very specific, I was VERY busy modding mostly other people's mods to my taste. I don't want any newbs reading this to think they're all my inventions. Though there aren't any newbs - so that was redundant. But if there are, LDA's Revenge is all mine baby! Woohoo!

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited June 17, 2003).]

IP:

KONG
posted June 17, 2003 01:06 AM            
Put the updated file on my site.

I fixed the zip file as well. The directory structure was off on some of the files.

------------------
Qersys

IP:

posted June 17, 2003 01:15 AM            
yes...I like the LDA revenge very much...good work on that.

IP:

Irascible
posted June 17, 2003 01:37 AM            
TY 666. (Thanking the devil seems so wrong. )

kong: The directory structure is exactly the same as how the server is set up. I suppose I commited a modding crime of sorts by not putting all the mods in the addons folder. So the question is: If someone with a stock install of TM adds the folder as you have it, what happens to the stock weapons? My modded stock weapons have the same ent file names as the regulars. Which will appear on the map in a one player game: regular, modded or both?

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited June 17, 2003).]

IP:

KONG
posted June 17, 2003 02:06 AM            
They will all be in the addons folder, Which is a good thing as TM looks there first. It will load your stock weapons. BUT, you really should rename them to avoid confusion. Maybe something like: RasDirtBall.ent ?

IP:

KONG
posted June 17, 2003 02:08 AM            
I guess if you did that then it would also load the stock weapon as well...

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2