|
Author Topic:   blessed hackers!
Rex R
posted May 20, 2003 01:53 AM            
right me box got hacked and had to reformat to get the thing back to working properly again(knocks on wood). however some things didn't get backed up like I thought they would. could some kind person post the link to the clan maps and the current master flag pak please. oh and if you would like me to have your email addy drop me a line, TIA

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited May 20, 2003).]

IP:

Rex R
posted May 20, 2003 02:10 AM            
nother thing. anyone try the new detonater divers (44.03)? any probs?

IP:

posted May 20, 2003 02:36 AM            
clan maps
http://www.tbhccs.com/treadmarks/index.html

master flag
http://www.hallsted.net/treadmarks/TM-flags-as-of-3-5-2003/index.html

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 20, 2003 03:16 AM            
Rex,
Got your letter in the mail today Thanks for giving me a "hand" .
Another place to get downloads is: http://treadmarks.elitehunters.com/tm_download.asp
and Matrix has some of the downloads, too, in the dropdown box at www.dmfboards.filetap.com
If you need more TM sites, gimme a holler and I can send you more links.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 20, 2003 04:12 AM            
What OS and version were you running? Got lots of free tools to help you keep yer box in yer control.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 20, 2003 04:12 AM            
doh...

[This message has been edited by BamZipPow (edited May 20, 2003).]

IP:

Rex R
posted May 20, 2003 04:22 AM            
thanks Sue & 6^3 will eventually get over there to glom onto them (might have the maps on a cd...)
win xp home. norton managed to stop it...but got wounded, it mungled up my lan settings when it took out the firewall protecting the other box (heh I changed that around to protect everything), course since the other puter wasn't on at the time, it missed the 'fun'. well off I go to dl another 20mb's of updates. with luck I may be able to play tomorrow nite

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 20, 2003 04:36 AM            
Rex, im assuming you run a SW or NAT fiewall for security ? if not ill hook you up with a few freebies that can help

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
Click here to goto the DMF Toplist
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Rex R
posted May 20, 2003 06:10 AM            
um I'm using the one that came with winders. as fer your other Q, could you expand your abbreviatons a tad (I'm feeling a bit dense from sleep deprivation )

IP:

KONG
posted May 20, 2003 08:46 AM            
sent ya an email

------------------
Qersys

Ut sementem feceris ita metes

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 20, 2003 12:08 PM            
My Norton expired about a week ago and I don't even have a firewall... Of course, I don't think I'm much of a target for hackers.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 20, 2003 03:36 PM            
Sygate has the Personal Firewall which is free. I use this without any problems. It's pretty flexible as well!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 20, 2003 04:22 PM            
SW - Software
NAT- Hardware

Hres a link that better explains it : http://www.cable-modems.org/articles/internet_sharing/hardware_firewall.htm

------------------
-
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Rex R
posted May 20, 2003 08:45 PM            
got your email thanks.
SC I didn't think I was a target for hackers(well spybot.worm) till last week. if you're running xp you can activate the windows firewall fairly easily, control panel/ network connections, click on your internet connection change network settings/advanced/internet connection firewall/enable. note I don't know how it effects playing tm as I have not had a chance to try it
just checked tm works with winders firewall

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited May 20, 2003).]

IP:

KONG
posted May 22, 2003 12:39 AM            
Hmm, seems I had to format my c drive as well.

------------------
Qersys

Ut sementem feceris ita metes

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted May 22, 2003 01:10 AM            
My suggestion is purchasing Nortons Internet Security 2003. For those of you who don't have reliable internet security atleast. :p It's packaged with Nortons Anti Virus 2003 and Nortons Personal Firewall 2003 as well as a bunch of other goodies like Parental control (Which you can choose not to install or install and keep switched off.) and spam blocking software. Works much better than any other spam blocking software out there. You'll be paying a little over $70 for this software package here in the U.S. but it's all the protection you'll need.

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted May 22, 2003 01:13 AM            
Oh and I almost forgot. Some computer tried to gain access to my computer. This was the highest intrusion alert I've gotten so far. A pop up window showed up telling me the attempted intrusion was blocked by the firewall and I went and clicked on something. I was shocked when it showed a world map and it pointed to California in the U.S. with a set of cross hairs. It then zoomed in on California and gave me the computer's ISP and their street address and the city they live in. I was shocked because my security software went and did some FBI stuff. :p

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 22, 2003 09:03 AM            
It performed a visual traceroute is all mike, showed you each step along the way with the server details, ping in ms, hops, server name etc and took you back to the ISP so you can report the abuse to their co ordinator stating the exact IP & Port; they then deal with the prick that thinks he's ZeroCool

Theres several utils around the web that already do this but its a nice feature to have integrated into a firewall too. And i agree, nortons is the best if ur pc can take it - some cant, those systems have to make do with McAfee or some other low grade firewall.

Sygate is good, Black Ice Defender is good too... theres not much better than nortons, but theres more choice than you may think.

------------------
-
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted May 22, 2003 12:33 PM            
Yeah. :p That was neat. I just never seen that done before.

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted May 27, 2003 06:11 PM            
ZoneAlarm is free too (www.zonelabs.com). It is my choice over the others because it blocks incoming AND outgoing packets unless they are authorized. Combined with a decent antivirus, it keeps my systems clean.

IP:

wolfman
posted May 28, 2003 08:11 AM            
Tiny Personal Firewall works very well - also free. JT

IP: