|
Author Topic:   What does it take ?
=DNX= Matrix
posted May 18, 2003 12:48 PM            
To get ppl playing the servers more regularly.. i can only assume that ppl are bored with the game and its existing mods, since the servers are almost always empty...

I dont play because nobodys on, if i want to play AI's i can do it less laggy offline.

We need sumthin more than the sunday DDM's imho... so my question is "what DO ppl want out of TM".. ?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 18, 2003 01:54 PM            
People DO show up en-force with the clan battles, there just hasn't been one for a while.
People DO show up when troops are rallied via ICQ (ie if I feel like playing people, I message who I see on line and get a game going. I can usually round up a few people that way).
I tend to be able to play late in the day, after the kids are in bed, like 9 pm pacific time. It's too late for many other people and, truthfully, things that are scheduled for 5 pm pacific time (8 eastern, 1 am uk time) runs into dinnertime issues (again, the natives can only get so restless before I must feed them and I have my family over for dinner on Sundays) and things earlier than that run into going on outings during the weekends, plus I work weekends so I can't do anything on a regular schedule.
I know there is a regular group who plays in the morning my time as I have seen corpse for one playing then. It's been a while since I have played in the morning so I can't recall who else was playing.
Other problem is, not many servers can host large numbers of people so it IS hard to plan a community wide event. With our DSL we can host only 4-5 people on-line (and a few more via LAN) before we lag out. That really is only enough for a pick me up game. Par and LDA are the only ones who can routinely host large numbers of players. Par has had his server trouble, plus some fun real life things going on. LDA only plays stock map/weapons and people HAVE gotten to appreciate the non-spawn fragging games with the clan maps.
What this boils down to is having a large enough server to play some of the new maps, particularly the ones with adequate numbers of spawn points. I don't think the weapons or the tank selection is the driving factor (at least not for me), but the selection of maps.
I also like a friendly game without hateful trash talk, so a request for remote server access (with kick ability) for some admins would be right keen.

Edit for typos

[This message has been edited by Blue n Gold Sue (edited May 18, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 18, 2003 01:58 PM            
And this is from Corpse, from a different thread:
if you can make them in the AM
say like 10:00 am PST
i could make one
after noon is to later for me

IP:

Teulk
posted May 18, 2003 02:23 PM            
From the lingo used, you obviously just copied/pasted that!!! We know you better

[This message has been edited by Teulk (edited May 18, 2003).]

IP:

Irascible
posted May 18, 2003 08:27 PM            
TM2 will be the only really effective solution, if it exists.

IP:

RangerChic
posted May 18, 2003 11:01 PM         
well people dont play much i would assume because some newbies or for that matter, vets, may not know where to find the mods from...and if i knew there would be people playing regularly i would start up my server again, but when i play i dont usually see anybody on, thats also why i havent been playing much, i mean what fun is it playing AI's? their so dumb. lol

RC

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 18, 2003 11:18 PM            
I don't play much because I don't have time. I also get tired of the lag and humiliating myself

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 18, 2003 11:32 PM            
Anytime you want someone to thump around...give me a buzz via ICQ or AIM. I'm ususally up at strange hours of the night/day...

IP:

CyberCannon
posted May 19, 2003 12:42 AM            
Same with me. ICQ that is. I don't have AIM.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

[This message has been edited by CyberCannon (edited May 19, 2003).]

IP:

ping of death
posted May 19, 2003 12:29 PM         
I play all the time. I've been playing for a couple years, and I'm not bored yet.
I only play non-mod, primarily the LDA server. Nothing against the mods, I just prefer keeping it old school, and I'm to lazy to install the patches, etc needed to play the mod servers.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted May 19, 2003 06:06 PM            
Yeah I've played against you a few time, and gotten whomped up on by you more than a few times. Now that you mention it the only place I think I have seen you has been on LDA.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

IP:

Sage
posted May 19, 2003 07:14 PM            
I think that we should have a big ctf game either this wendsday or sunday.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted May 20, 2003 12:19 AM            
Sounds fine to me.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

IP: