|
Author Topic:   LDA Servers
KiLlEr
posted May 17, 2003 01:27 PM            
Hi LDA!
Would you be willing to add your server to the TMLogScan server list?

You can grab me on ICQ (number in my user info) to get set up. It takes about 10 mins to get everything set up.

or through email @ joesera@optonline.net

I'd love to get all the server set up so that players can get their stats collected from every server they play on.

Thanks!

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 17, 2003 02:19 PM            
I must say it is pretty painless. KiLlEr is up at 3 am most times I need him

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted May 17, 2003 05:31 PM            
that would b MEWWST AAAYYXXXELLUNNT if LDA were on the LogScan! So many players there, it's the best place, especially for recruiting also!

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 17, 2003 06:01 PM            
I agree. It can't be too hard.

IP:

KONG
posted May 17, 2003 07:04 PM            
Thats the only server I play on now. Mainly because there is no log, stats, whatever.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted May 17, 2003 08:37 PM            
hm, prehaps you could add a thing to your website killer that doesn't display certain users stats if you check it not to.

just an idea...

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 17, 2003 08:55 PM            
Maybe the default could be where the stats were not visible unless the player wants it to be shown? Just a thought, Killer...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 17, 2003 11:24 PM            
Its already in the system. Set up a My Boomstick account with the name that you use online and then just pick the servers you want to be hidden on.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited May 18, 2003).]

IP:

coaxs
posted May 18, 2003 03:07 AM            
You can hide your stats from being shown though, so it shouldn't matter?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 18, 2003 04:11 AM            
Hidden = hidden. NOTHING shows up (though does it add your stats to the total column, Killer?)
OR, pick an alias to play under. Days I just want to play without getting my numbers in the stats, so I pick a name, any name. If I am playing someone I know, I usually tell that person it is me though.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 18, 2003 10:45 AM            
All that you see is that there is a human on a server and the stats are added to the server totals.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 18, 2003 11:23 AM            
I could make an ignore list with the 2 cavets:

1) The player will be unable to get on ladders or be listed on an event's results.
2) I'll need to add names manually on request. I'm afraid open it to everyone as anyone can then enter anyone elses ID and can also potentially crash my database.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted May 19, 2003 09:16 PM            
maybe not important at all, but maybe if an alias had a + in front of their name, you could have log scan only add their stuffs to the total, but not log them individually, just an idea. then again, doesn't it auto delete stats that aren't used for 2 weeks? *doesn't remember*

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 19, 2003 10:18 PM            
Yeap. Stats are dropped after 2 weeks on not being on the server.

Actually, if you stick 'AI-' in front of your name, you will get ignored by logscan.

I can do that as well, Ignore you if you have a + in front of your name.

Is this an exceptible solution?

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited May 19, 2003).]

IP:

coaxs
posted May 20, 2003 01:54 AM            
I think the best solution is not to have Kong's stats collected and have everyone else's stats collected as usual.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 20, 2003 08:56 AM            
I can do that too. Thats what I was going to do a few posts up is to set up a no-stat list that I can add people to. I just can't make it open to the public because people will attempt to mess with it. Either putting other people on the ignore list or just filling the database with garbage. I can safeguard against the latter, but there is nothing I can do about the former except remove the name after the fact.

Doing the reverse is also possible, but from what I see, the majority of people want their stats kept track of. It would just be quicker and easier to code for the minority, and put less stress on the database. Searching a list of a dozen or so users is much faster than 40 or more for every frag death, suicide, join, etc. Also, ignoring users prevents them from showing up on ladders and events. Imagine people participating in a DDM and not having them included in the results and there is no way after the fact to get thier stats back. I can delete the stats of people who don't want them though.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited May 20, 2003).]

IP: