This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   New player is trouble
Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 13, 2003 10:40 PM            
There is a new player on the servers with the name of TIGER PANZER. If you see this a-hole on the server, I recommend that you don't play with him.
I repeatedly got called a queer, the player made derogitory comments against jews, and was not pleasant to play with.
I don't mind the normal joshing around that goes on, but I don't like hateful things from a player that doesn't know me. It is totally uncalled for.
Just my two cents, but the game isnt' worth putting up with such trash. Even Guido is a pleasure compared to this guy.

IP:

posted May 13, 2003 11:57 PM            
Susan is correct...I had to remind him to stop shooting me when I was his teammate.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 14, 2003 01:13 AM            
Some ringer came in and whapped the crap out of him. Wonder who it was...

IP:

coaxs
posted May 14, 2003 01:21 AM            
Tiger Panzer is a very old-old player, he comes in and out of the game every couple of months.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 14, 2003 10:59 AM            
sounds like a dick to me.....

IP:

CyberCannon
posted May 14, 2003 01:36 PM            
I suspected that was why you left the server last night Queen. 666, I had the same problem with him myself. I could care less if he does that to AIs but to his fellow "human" teamies just doesn't make sense to me.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 14, 2003 03:17 PM            
I think that this whole gaming crowd is pretty isolated from the rest of the gaming world. In my experience, there are tons of a$$ holes out there. And what you describe seems pretty normal, except for the derogitory comments about jews, that's one of the few ways left that you can still piss of a real big crowd real fast. I mean, I'm not jewish, but it would still piss me off, and I think a lot of people feel the same way. I just hope that all the hate in the rest of the games stays out of this one. A sudden influx would destroy the peace.

IP:

wolfman
posted May 14, 2003 05:36 PM            
Definite piece of ****! I was playin with Max for a bit - and Guido and Tiger Panzer came on. Guido behaved himself. Tiger Panzer was a disgusting piece of work. Now I will be the first to admit that I used some extremely colorful language talking to him once he got started with his hate (it helped me vent so to speak). At the time it was just the 4 of us and no others. As Max put it: "Wow". If I offended either of the other 2 - sorry lol JT

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 14, 2003 07:03 PM            
Probably one of the best things to do is just to gang up on him and forget the score of fragging each other.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 14, 2003 07:07 PM            
Now that's the best thing I've heard all week!

I say we decide to do that and get off the subject before this leads to trouble. Soooo, I'll change the subject. I'm going to see a sneak peek of The Matrix Reloaded in a couple hours! Tickets were $10, but I don't care!

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited May 14, 2003).]

IP:

coaxs
posted May 14, 2003 08:08 PM            
If server ops could give remote access to some trusted users to boot these people off the servers I'm sure we would have less problems now and in the future, hint-hint LDA.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 14, 2003 09:03 PM            
Wolfman, no problem with your language.
So why is it okay to be hateful to gays, but not to Jews. Being hateful to ANY people is not okay in my book. I don't care if someone is gay, they are a PERSON first and NO ONE deserves to be killed. Now in the tank game, I know the object is to frag, but with the language used it was clear he wasn't referring to the game. Next time I leave, I will be on another server, probably either hallsted I am or Robo's clan maps. If you want a clean game, jump on over and we'll keep hopping while the trash gets talked. If it becomes a further problem, I can ask harmless the server op for hallsted I am to make his server private. All that entails is to not send heartbeats to the master server. Next time yo u play your favorite servers, make note of their IP addresses. You can type in an address and not have the master client monitor the game

IP:

A2597
posted May 14, 2003 09:21 PM            
This is why I don't want to see the TM community grow....

I've seen to many games totally and completly ruined because it became poplar.

yet at the same time, I'd love to see LDA suceed big time...

OH! IDEA...

If TM EVER get HUGE, make about six servers that are for the old folks only. So we can still enjoy ourselves. (Seriously, such things as "Nice Shot", etc are very nice. Much better then being called a cheater, or LAG, or someother comment...)

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 14, 2003 11:08 PM            
TM will hit PS2 soon A' - what then ?

As for comments about my mod ive receieved recently thru email from various folks : im waiting for LDA to release patch 1.6.1 b4 i complete it, i want to take advantage of the new stuff.

At LDA : Coax is right, we know the serverguy has a /kick tool, but an assignable remote admin would be cool to add to the settings

Anybody figure out how to use the banlist.txt yet ?

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
Click here to goto the DMF Toplist
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 14, 2003 11:35 PM            
Matrix, when you get your DSL, set up a little server for some testing. You can try to ban me for testing purposes only
Hopefully when ps2 comes along, the ps2 people will play on PS2 servers only - they won't interfer with PC players, will they? *admits ignorace with playstation, as I don't own one.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 15, 2003 01:01 AM            
Not one comment about the Matrix, has society really gone that far downhill?

Hatefullness isn't okay, but it is a fact of life now and it would be very difficult to say the least to rid the world of it.

Not sure, but I think making servers for the veterans only might count as discrimination.

HEY! I blame the lag all the time, but I have a right to! It really does mess me up!

I'm not entirely sure that ps2 has any internet capibilities. It has a very slow main processor that is strained my single player gaming.

The servers for PC and PS2 would have to separate I think. Game platforms and PCs have some MAJOR differences, most importantly the lack of a hard drive. (except for the monstrosity known as the xbox, but don't get me started on that.) without a hard drive, mods are impossible, so they would have to be separated.

And oh yes, the movie was frickin' MINDBLOWING!!!!

------------------
We be medium pimpin'!

IP:

wolfman
posted May 15, 2003 06:52 AM            
Hate is Hate - be it jews, gays, black, white (yes it does happen lol), hispanics, chinese, right handed, blonde haired, brunette, etc etc I am sure everyone gets the point - I definitely like BZP's idea. If we are on Sue when he shows up we can team up and obliterate him lol JT

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted May 15, 2003 11:52 AM            
Tigar pants is back ???
He don,t hate any particular race, he hates everything !!! Last time i saw him was about a year befor they shut down ngi.

IP:

-DNX-Ni
posted May 15, 2003 01:46 PM            
Yeah played this bozzo a few times! I feel he either IS 11, or has the mental capacity of someone that age!

Still, it feels more satisfying pushing him back onto his own landmines, with a following cry of "FOOL!!!", for spits and giggles! *we all were kids, and we all wana be kids sometimes*

IP:

CyberCannon
posted May 15, 2003 04:33 PM            
Scrap, I'd comment on the Matrix movie but I haven't seen it. Last movie I saw in the cinema was G&G and Two Towers before that.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 15, 2003 06:14 PM            
Hey, I'm not too far off from 11

G&G???

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted May 15, 2003 09:59 PM            
As long as people don't think your near 11 your ok scrap

I had the, er, experience of playing with tiger the other night. pfft, really brings an unwholesome element into the game. btw, whens next update comin out? option to allow remote admins to kick/ban on server would be good!! Also, ability to ignore, er, hateful people (aw, do we really gotta ignore the unhateful ones to?) hehe

IP:

CyberCannon
posted May 15, 2003 10:24 PM            
Gods and Generals Scrap.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
Until we meet again.

CC

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 15, 2003 10:28 PM            
PS2 is capable of net play... wouldhave been more at home on XBOX LIVE though.... PS2 may be selling well, but its outdated and fast becoming a antique.... Sony's cash keep pushing it, and thats the only reason for its success. My opinion anyway... once the dreamcast was dropped, PS2 became the weakest console, CPU wise anyway.

Personally i wouldnt have one, yet i own a dreamcast... funny huh... that said, ps2 ppl used to scoff at us for not being able to run ps games - BWAA HAA, i have bleemcast and can run PS1 games, heck, Bleemcast can run Tekken 3 better than a PS2 can

Now thats impressive .. DC's Soul Calibur is still considered the best beat em up on ANY console... well, till SC2 comes out anyway.

As for TM servers for PS2 ppl, chances are they wont be compatible with pc ones anyway, and if at all, only the LDA one as its all stock. Had TM been brought to XBOX, you could have used its hard drive to put the mods on - oh well, another missed opportunity.

PS: The Matrix Rocks

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
Click here to goto the DMF Toplist
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 16, 2003 12:05 AM            
LDA still might be able to code the game to allow/accept addon CDs. You know that almost all the stuff fer the game is loaded in memory...

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2