|
Author Topic:   Problem after problem.......... :(
OneMeanBassPlayer
posted May 13, 2003 11:10 AM            
ok! i would like to say thankyou to all the people who have helped me through the problems of this very good game. But, as soon as something is fixed, another problem accurs. i feel like giving up. but i'll tell you my recent prob. i was sent the masterclient.exe which is all good an well, but after playing a game it completely crash's my computer, and i'll be buggerd if i'm gonna restart my comp when i just want to change servers! But i still dont understand why i cant get a server list in the main game. as it uses the same master IP address and port number as the masterclient.exe, and apart from that i did manage to play online (finally) but the pings where all over >150. I'm gonna give it a few more days, then if i cant sort it out then i'm back to the world of sof2......

IP:

John B.
posted May 13, 2003 11:15 AM         
OK, shut down master client before you start TM. I also find it can lock up over time.

You should be able to see all the servers from the server menu. You need to click on Refresh Internet to see them. It can take a little time if you are on dial-up.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 13, 2003 11:17 AM            
You are very lucky to get pings in that range
Pings of 400 are common for folks over the pond. I'm on DSL and my pings are routinely 200 for games. 400 is playable, but you do have to put up with a bit of the lag problem.
I have no clue why the Master Client crashes your computer. Hopefully one of the computer gods out there (I won't name names as there are so many) can assist you there.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 13, 2003 12:29 PM            
The master client is a use at your own risk freebie. I use it to see if anyone is on and then shut it down. The online screen when refreshed "Click Refresh Internet" lists all the active servers. Highlight the server you want to play and "Click Start". This should get you on one. Pings of over 150 as stated are not unusual. Ensure your netrate is set to 3K - normally 10K to start. Under game options if I remember "Miscellaneous" settings I think. You may want to adjust graphics and sound settings too. Play around with them until they feel right for your setup. Hope to see you online.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

[This message has been edited by Sailor (edited May 13, 2003).]

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 13, 2003 07:09 PM            
I want a 150 ping! I always have AT LEAST 400 and it afects me like no one here has any idea. Most of my deaths and failed frag attempts are a direct result of the lag.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted May 13, 2003 08:23 PM            
I can sympathize with you Scrap. I suspect a lot of mine are due to the same thing.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 13, 2003 10:09 PM            
I think I should clarify. By most I mean something like 7 out of 10

IP:

coaxs
posted May 14, 2003 01:23 AM            
Yup, as others have said your not suppose to leave the master client open for extended amounts of time.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 14, 2003 10:56 AM            
Master Client is a buggy quick-fix LDA released to the community after plea's of a program that showed you weather humans or bots were on the servers - after all, it was quick, and saves us running the game to find out.

Dont run it for anything else, its got a chat but its not very good and nobody uses it; LDA doesnt support it either.

BUT THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE.

If you head over to our forums, you will see a mini browser at the bottom of the page.... the default page in it, is killers server status page showing if anyones on a server, and if its active or not. Clicking the servername takes you to a more detailed screen showing you whos playing, what the IP is and what map is being used.

You really dont need master client. The link to our site is on my sig, pop by and we'll see ya right

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
Click here to goto the DMF Toplist
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP: