|
Author Topic:   On-Line Gaming
OneMeanBassPlayer
posted May 12, 2003 05:51 PM            
ok, Cheers to the peeps who helped me on my previous prob of the 1.6 up grade. all is sorted. but, when ever i try to get a list of servers, it say's (after pinging them) not connected. but i blatantly am. funny thing is. i got a list of servers when running 1.5.5.1 but said i couldn't join cause of wrong version........hmmm i need to play this game on-line. i will prevale, wiv sum help of corse......

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 12, 2003 07:21 PM            
Your game is working exactly the way it should be. TM connects to the maser server and gets a list of servers (each one broadcasts to the master server) this makes it easy to find all of the servers. Once you have the servers, there isn't any reason to stay connected, because the only thing left to update is the ping, which is done individually to each server. (You know, if TM ever gains more popularity, this system could prove very clumsy...) Not being able to join because of having 1.5.5 is normal too. You need 1.6.

------------------
We be medium pimpin'!

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited May 12, 2003).]

IP:

OneMeanBassPlayer
posted May 12, 2003 07:50 PM            
right summat new...when i go to refresh the servers, it say's "checking web site" but the its say's "Download Failed" WTF is goin on. more to the point what is it trying to download. got version 1.6 (as last. took ages to work) and now another problem aaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh

IP:

KONG
posted May 12, 2003 08:11 PM            
open the file, config.cfg in the TM directory. Make sure the master server address listed matches this one:

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted May 12, 2003 10:28 PM            
Yes. It checks the web site to get the new master server address when it fails to connect, In case it moves.

------------------
We be medium pimpin'!

IP:

CyberCannon
posted May 13, 2003 03:47 AM            
It does sound like the master server address is wrong. Check that out first, it should be at the top of the server screen if you didn't know.

Oh and welcome to the group.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 14, 2003 11:06 AM            
do check that firewall too..... theres a hit when you choose "multiplayer" theres another hit when you try to connect to servers.

TCP/UDP in & out is required. If it times out due to impedance connecting to the master server, this will trigger the "checking website" option too - tho
99.999999999999% of the time it will NOT download anything at all.

------------------
-=≡[▓▒░ √‬‬‬‬‬‬‬isit the DMF Forums - Click here ▓▒░]≡=- ☺
-
Click here to goto the DMF Toplist
-
ģ 2002 /\/\∩ŢŔİX

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted May 19, 2003 09:22 PM            
prehaps in tm2, it would be wise to fix that hehe

IP: