|
Author Topic:   Did someone mention Storm Racer?!
BamZipPow
posted May 02, 2003 03:23 PM            
Okay...I'm going to convert my server over to the Storm Racer mod today. It will be setup fer DDM. JVortex should be on around 10pm California time or 10pm PDT...

Get yer mod at Kong's site or RandomChaos' sites.

See yah there...

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 03, 2003 01:34 AM            
I hope you leave your server up for a bit. I just finished my work and I am plumb too tuckered out to play. I have only played the storm mod once before but it was fun. I would like to play it again, too.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 03, 2003 12:30 PM            
It will be up all weekend fer sure. I know the log isn't updating but I'm not sure why. When Killer gets back, I'll chat with him about it.

Let me know if there are any probs, too.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 04, 2003 11:09 AM            
i was on it last night for a while, pings in the 400 to 1000 range for me.... DMF wishes to plan an event in a week or 2's time - you up for that bam ? a race event ?

how about the rest of you ? specially those who havent yet tried Storm

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 04, 2003 01:09 PM            
I can convert it back over to race mode without any problems. Just have to find that sweet spot fer the settings...especially fer you dialup types.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 04, 2003 05:13 PM            
This has been a busy weekend for me. I have the pack installed, but haven't had the time to play it yet.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted May 04, 2003 05:53 PM            
Sounds good to me, even though I will probably get creamed.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 04, 2003 09:11 PM            
So shall we pen in Saturday 17th May ? 8pm EST ? hows that for everyone. or is it better on Sunday / Friday ?

Lets make a clan race war out of it - after ajj JVortex's hard work it would be a travesty not to !

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 04, 2003 09:56 PM            
It's now converted over to race... Race on!!

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 04, 2003 11:19 PM            
Sunday the 18th isn't better David's sister is graduating with her Master's Degree and we are hosting a party for her Cheers!!
I *think* I am working the 17th, though it is a "normal" day off for me due to a trade made to get mother's day off Regardless, 666 and Jon should be able to make it.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 05, 2003 09:21 AM            
Got an idea

Why not use the DMF Forum Calendar to log when were unavailable to make it easier for organisers plan events !

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 05, 2003 04:26 PM            
You don't really want my work schedule posted there, do you? Hell, I don't even know what my schedule is from day to day, as I make a lot of trades with people. . .hmm, though having it on line may make it easier for me to look at it when I am away from home

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 06, 2003 12:34 AM            
k, I'm at work now with a copy of schedule in hand. Yep,I am working the 17th, but I am off the 18th (but have that graduation party, though) as well as off the 11, 12, 13th (w00t 3 days off in a row!!) and 21, 22. That the schedule for my work (as if everyone's life hinges on when I work, hehe )

[This message has been edited by Blue n Gold Sue (edited May 06, 2003).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 07, 2003 10:27 PM            
6 days since the initial post.. i get the impression nobody cares much for racing events ?

IP:

CyberCannon
posted May 07, 2003 11:32 PM            
Now wait a minute there. I am just waiting for the time and day to be announced.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

[This message has been edited by CyberCannon (edited May 07, 2003).]

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 08, 2003 01:27 AM            
two things:
1) for the most part with scheduling, you kinda just have to announce when it will be, taking account the people you KNOW will be there (like BZP and Matrix- since it is a DMF event), maybe giving a choice of two days, and then just make the executive decision. You can't please all the people all the time, so just go for it.
2) I played on the Storm server a bit the other day. Some of those maps are *horrible* for racing, with convoluted and criss-crossing tracks. Can you, BZP, maybe check on some of the maps and constrain the Storm Race server to some suitable race maps only? Storm may have been designed for racing, but not all the maps are race maps, IMHO
3) Suggestion for the day of the event - go for a Sunday evening. It can be a replacement (temporarily) for the DDM's since Par hasn't gotten his server problem fixed up. You will have a better turn out then, as people are "tuned in" to Sunday evenings.
My two cents worth.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 08, 2003 01:29 AM            
Hehe, I noticed I posted "two things" and typed three. A woman's perogative, I guess. I don't like how a post looks when it is edited (looks suspicious or something) so I am calling my attention to it here.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted May 12, 2003 07:50 PM            
I'm open to all suggestions on what SR maps you all want to race on.

The Camaro Z28 has now been updated fer SR physics and speed. So now it won't get left in the dust like a stock tank! :0

I'll go through some of the maps and put them up fer suggestion.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 12, 2003 09:52 PM            
I thought about Saturday and Friday, most ppl can make sunday but if we do that it would have to be before the DDM or after - if its after that knacks it up for the uk folks who may want to play, if its before it means in the PST timezone its early morning....

So i may opt for 8pm one saturday, day to be decided yet.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted May 12, 2003 11:03 PM            
I put my work schedule on the DMF calendar. Generally, if I am free, so are Jon and 666. Only date that is a holiday you may want to watch out for is June 15th, father's day in the US.

IP: