|
Author Topic:   Race Ladder Weapons
posted April 29, 2003 01:42 AM            
I took this straight from the previous thread on design a racer server. Yes, it has modded weapons in the lineup and it is open to debate. I have been using the race server for a month now and have been happy with the result of the mix of weapons, especially the “off the radar weapons”. I have had AI’s almost win because of the ow missiles and the distro disks.

I would be open to any other modded weapons.

Let me know what you all think.

Change the weapon spawn time to 1 sec
Added the following weapons with and modification after it. "With no rutting" means that have modified the projectile files to eliminate rutting to the map.
Will need to go to elite Hunter to download the DistructoDisk, AfterBurner, Shockwave, and das Tornado. All other mods are SSO. The link to Elite Hunter is here http://treadmarks.elitehunters.com/tm_download.asp?id=14

Normal weapons:
120MM cannon with no rutting
Concussions 300 weight with no rutting
Mass driver 300 weight
R-Gernades 300 weight with no rutting
Shadow 40 weight with ammo at 20

Off the radar weapons:
Cruise missile 100 weight with no rutting
Distro Disk 100 weight with ammo at 2 with no rutting
Ice ball 100 weight with ammo at 5
Ow missile 100 weight with no rutting

Traps:
Acid cloud 40 weight
Das Tornado 40 weight with ammo at 1
Fire mines 30 weight with ammo at 6
Land Mines 40 weight with ammo at 6 with no rutting
Plasma mines 30 weight
Shockwave 40 weight with ammo at 1

Power ups:
After burner 400 weight with 50 ammo (very cool)
Ammo 100 weight
Health 100 weight
Gold box 0 weight

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited April 29, 2003).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 29, 2003 01:44 PM            
weapons in a race ?? starting to sound like micro machines...

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 29, 2003 02:25 PM            
What no Ass gun?!??!??!

LOL

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 29, 2003 05:47 PM            
I have the Afterburner installed on my computer. (it's funny to watch AIs use it in a deatmatch) 50 ammo is gonna go by Way too fast.

IP:

posted April 29, 2003 06:54 PM            
Killer, everything is up for discussion. I did not say that the ass gun could not be used. The ass gun came along after I had setup the race. I do wish it would look a little different then it does. It looks more like breast to me then a rear.

Matrix, this is TM...there are weapons...and the right mix will make it fair for all.

Scrap...yes it is a riot to see AI get the Afterburner and shoot off to the ozone.

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 29, 2003 07:08 PM            
Maybe you could put some hurt into the afterburner? Have you ever stood behind one and see if you got burnt? :|

Hmmm...a SSO version of the ass gun could be pretty neat. Just don't hang around the back end of those...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 29, 2003 10:34 PM            
That's a good idea, except that I think that it would hur the person using it. I think what it does is create a series of concussion explosions behind you (with a different look of course) which push you along. So you have to be within the attack range of the weapon.

IP:

posted May 02, 2003 02:32 AM            
The pic below is me in the race on the the GA server after being hit by an Ow missile tumbling away from the race track at 104 MPH. If you look closely at the very top between lap time and the ping one can see the race gates that I was about to go through. I was in the lead, but not anymore.

Yep...the off the radar weapon that are on the server bring fairness to the race. Typically, if I was in the lead and there were only stock weapons, there would be no way of catching me.

IP:

posted May 08, 2003 01:11 AM            
Was racing Teulk a few days ago, he was in the lead and I was not able to catch him until I shoot the distro disk. He faulter just enough for me to pass him and win the race.

I am happy with the mix. I will wait till the 1st ladder is completed before I introduce any new weapons.

IP:

posted May 12, 2003 12:39 AM            
Below is the list of the weapons that will be used on the Race Ladder.

One of the reward for the person to complete the ladder, get the 1st 100 points, will be an addition of their weapon to of choice and the delete of a weapon they dislike from the server, with in reason.

- Change the weapon spawn time to 1 sec
- Added the following weapons with and modification after it. "With no rutting" means that have modified the projectile files to eliminate rutting to the map.
- Will need to go to elite Hunter to download the DistructoDisk, AfterBurner, Shockwave, and das Tornado. All other mods are SSO. The link to Elite Hunter is here http://treadmarks.elitehunters.com/tm_download.asp?id=14

Normal weapons:
120MM cannon with no rutting
Concussions 300 weight with no rutting
Mass driver 300 weight
R-Gernades 300 weight with no rutting
Shadow 40 weight with ammo at 20

Off the radar weapons:
Cruise missile 100 weight with no rutting
DistructoDisk 100 weight with ammo at 2 with no rutting
Ice ball 100 weight with ammo at 5
Ow missile 100 weight with no rutting

Traps:
Acid cloud 40 weight with ammo at 1
das Tornado 40 weight with ammo at 1
Fire mines 30 weight with ammo at 6 with no rutting
Land Mines 40 weight with ammo at 6 with no rutting
Plasma mines 30 weight
Shockwave 40 weight with ammo at 1

Power ups:
AfterBurner 400 weight with 50 ammo (very cool)
Ammo 100 weight
Health 100 weight
Gold box 0 weight

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited May 12, 2003).]

IP:

Rex R
posted May 12, 2003 02:12 AM            
if you have not done so already...I reccomend reducing or eliminating the scorch for the shockwave.

IP:

Teulk
posted May 12, 2003 02:38 AM            
And the tornado is exremely offensive!!!

IP:

posted May 12, 2003 11:53 PM            
Rex...I do not mind the scorch. It lets me know what happened there.

Teulk...Yes, I agree with you on the tornado is offensive, but it does the job of stop the tanks. In all my times of using tornado, I would say that 70% of the time I get caught in it.

IP:

CyberCannon
posted May 13, 2003 03:54 AM            
Yeah, it can be as dangerous for the shooter as for the victim. That adds "spice" to its use.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP: