|
Author Topic:   TE.exe error log?
Blue n Gold Sue
posted April 27, 2003 04:30 PM            
Lately, when I have been playing TM on the GA racing server, I can get in the first game just fine, but subsequent games I get booted out AND I get an error message. Something to the effect of "TM.exe has generated errors. A log is being created. You will need to restart the program.. . "
1) what am I doing to get this error?
2) Where is this log file? I have looked for it and can't find it

Thanks for your help.
Sue

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted April 27, 2003 04:57 PM            
Okay, fixed it partially. I was missing some flags and one weapon. Got those installed and it is better, but I still can't find that log.

IP:

Irascible
posted April 27, 2003 06:44 PM            
Logs? Hmmm.

Maybe this is the log you seek. Well, not unless you're a SciFi fan.

Perhaps these? Nah. That's for the kiddies.

These are nice. Too expensive though.

Hehe. Too controversial.

Ah yes. The perfect log for the politically correct coffee drinker.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited April 27, 2003).]

IP:

John B.
posted April 28, 2003 11:32 AM         
What OS?

If 2000/XP:

Start/Settings/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer

There are 3 logs. Probably look under Applications Log.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted April 28, 2003 08:39 PM            
2000 (pro, I think. I've seen the start up screen HOW MANY times now )
I did a search for it with the find function, physically looked at a ton of files on my main drive, searched through the TM folder. . .
Didnt' find it yet.

IP:

KONG
posted April 28, 2003 09:16 PM            
Look at tank.txt in your treadmarks directory

IP:

John B.
posted April 29, 2003 04:02 PM         
Sue, did you look where I indicated. That is how to access Windows 2000 Pro system and application log files. When any program crashes an error log is saved there. You use "Event Viewer" to look at the logs.

"To open Event Viewer, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel. Double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Event Viewer. "

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted April 29, 2003 09:49 PM            
ok, Kong, I can find a tank.log, but not a tank.txt. Tank long has a heck of a lot of "could not find. . . " in it, probably because David wasn't using a stock flag and I didn't have all the flags installed. . .

John B: looked where you stated. Yep, three logs there. More errorlogs than I imagined!!!
Got a few with just error (or event) log started and then a bit later "error log closed" but others had an error something like this: 00 0500 00 00 (dont' quote me on that, just an idea of what it looked like). Problem seems to have gone away, though once I got the flag pack installed and the afterburner installed.

Thanks for your help TMers

IP: