This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   I MUTHA FARGIN QUIT
Paranor
posted April 26, 2003 11:35 PM            
GUESS WHAT ISN'T WORKING! THAT'S RIGHT - THE MUTHA FARGIN SERVER PC. GUESS WHAT WAS WORKING FINE WHEN I LEFT? THAT'S RIGHT - THE MUTHA FARGIN SERVER PC. GUESS WHAT I CAN'T PING BUT CAN DO A PORT SCAN ON? GUESS HOW CONFUSED I AM. THAT'S RIGHT - THE MUTHA FARGIN GUY WHO IS LOST AS TO WTF IS GOING ON.

MUTHA FARGIN FARGIN FARGIN SHEAT DARNATION MUTHA.

LET ME GO WARM UP THE STUFF SO YOU CAN TAR & FEATHER ME. I'LL MAKE SURE MY LIFE INSURANCE PAPERS ARE IN ORDER.

YEAH, I'M MAD SO HERE ARE THE CAPITAL LETTERS.

MUTHA FARGIN FARGIN FARGIN SHEAT DARNATION MUTHA.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted April 26, 2003 11:44 PM            
Calm down - life does not hinge on this, but get that tar warmed up anyway. Super may come looking for you - hehe. So what are the possibilities at this point? Let us know - thanks

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

Irascible
posted April 27, 2003 12:17 AM            
There's one very obvious solution to this problem: declare BWL the winner by default. Either way, the mutha fargin result is the same.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted April 27, 2003 12:53 AM            
Par, I am so sorry. Dont' pull out what is left of your hair.
PLAY LDA.
We'll have the clan war another day. Lord knows, it has been rescheduled before.
Maybe LDA can consider running a different config once in a while to allow clan battles on thier server, say once every 6 weeks. .

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 27, 2003 03:07 AM            
Don't fret about it, Paranor! It happens. I'm sure you'll get it sorted out. Maybe it was those evil DOGs or wacked out Ants that may have taken it down. Hmmm...

Thanks fer trying anyways. You know that DNX would've taken the crown back...

IP:

posted April 27, 2003 03:36 AM            
Relax, take a couple of deep breathes...innnnnn....outttttttttttt...innnnnnnnn....outttttttttttt. There are you feeling better now.

IP:

Paranor
posted April 27, 2003 12:26 PM            
Is SuperUnkown back?

ARGH - It's driving me nuts! I really do feel mutha fargin bad and mutha fargin mad.

And I don't get it from a technical point of view. How on earth can you mutha fargin port scan it but not ping it? Port scan requires use of the mutha fargin ICMP packet.

MUTHA FARGIN CONFUSION!

BTW - go ahead and edit out the mutha fargins if you want.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 27, 2003 01:57 PM            
JEEZ!! That rates with MY outbursts! (None of you have ever met me in person, so you don't know what I mean, but rest assured.)

[This message has been edited by Scrap Metal (edited April 27, 2003).]

IP:

Irascible
posted April 27, 2003 04:21 PM            
Despite your use of his name as a curse Scrap, Jesus Christ loves you anyway. :^)

IP:

coaxs
posted April 27, 2003 04:41 PM            
::shakes head::

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

posted April 27, 2003 05:50 PM            
But does JC love me too???

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 27, 2003 06:00 PM            
Hey Par, Thats easy, try pinging my TM server's address.

You can portscan it, but you can't ping it.

This is due to filtering out ping packets from networks. This is done to stop denial of service attacks. So either your connection, or your works connection have now implemented packet filtering.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited April 27, 2003).]

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 27, 2003 06:03 PM            
You're right, I shouldn't have said that. *edits*

IP:

Irascible
posted April 27, 2003 06:53 PM            
Absolutely Devil. He said himself that he came to save the wicked. The righteous, if any person could exist as such on their own, don't need saving. That being the case: JC loves me, Scrap and especially you. ;^)

Fearful admins may do their thing, if they wish. Who knows what unfettered hurly-burly will erupt as a result of my inflammatory and hateful comments.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited April 27, 2003).]

IP:

A2597
posted April 28, 2003 10:36 AM            
Well, it cauled Par down...

JC RULES!
(Well, thats stating the obvious....hehehe)

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Paranor
posted April 28, 2003 11:54 AM            
You are correct Killer - except that I administrate the firewall.

And yes - JC luvs ju all.

IP:

coaxs
posted April 28, 2003 12:10 PM            
"[God], my favorite fictional character"

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

harmless
posted April 28, 2003 04:54 PM            
hey par,

what's interesting is the first thought that
pops into people's head when one hears about
a problem.

the first thought that popped into my head when i read your post was...
that someone might have physical access to your computer and turns off the TM server after you leave for the weekend.

i have no idea what your physical setup is or
if this is even possible.
but i know that you are extremely capable, know how to set these things up, and have hosted TM games all the time.

so this is the only thing that makes sense to me, and i've read several stories where the
cleaning crews do these sorts of things accidentally.

anyway, like i said, it's interesting the first thing that pops into one's head.
i know you'll figure it out.

toodles,
harmless

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted April 29, 2003 01:00 PM            
Aint no fiction Coax, spoke to him myself last night. He reckons i`m gonna burn in the fires eternal but i told he cant do that ! He can`t put me in there with murderer`s and rapists and Hitler !!!

He said he`d let me know and left in a puff of smoke.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 29, 2003 01:51 PM            
Hehe. and theres me thinking i was the only one accused of being one of the hitler prodginy around here lol....

IP:

Irascible
posted April 29, 2003 02:26 PM            
One little quibble: Bonzo wasn't accused of being a Hitler. It's a popular misconception of some to equate the mere mention of Jesus Christ with unfounded condemnation - hence my sarcastic comment about saying that Jesus loves you is "inflammatory and hateful". Jesus does love you. And if you or I do burn, it won't be because of anything he did.

BTW, Bonzo was kidding around I assume. But it's interesting to note that though pop culture usually refers to hell as eternal, there's Biblical evidence to suggest that it's not. Flames that can't be quenched doesn't mean one would survive them eternally. That, plus that fact that JC mentioned some would receive many stripes and some few suggests it's not an eternal sentence.

Uh oh. Serious theological debate is bound to get this locked and fearful admins in a tizzy.

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted April 29, 2003 02:58 PM            
problem is if you say somthing like "jesus loves you" to me, i would have no choice but to say thank you, or tell the truth and tell you that he does`nt exist. Its a no win situation and bound to cause just a little friction.

IP:

Irascible
posted April 29, 2003 05:01 PM            
There's no friction at all Bonzo. You might have noticed I felt no need to respond to Coax. We're all entitled to our beliefs. If he was to denigrate Christ in some way, then I would respond. That's no different than someone defending their girlfriend, mother, whatever. Situations like that, or when someone attempts to ascribe behaviors or beliefs to Christians that aren't true, that's when I speak up.

So, when it comes to dry intellectual discussions like the one were having, there's nothing to lose. Though I understand the fearful admins' fears. Sooner or later someone's emotions will flare up. Despite my history and precisely because of it, it won't be mine though.

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted April 29, 2003 05:06 PM            
Perhaps we should move on to politics then. : )

IP:

CyberCannon
posted April 30, 2003 10:38 AM            
Bonzo, Sounds like you really are looking for trouble now.

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2