|
Author Topic:   Major changes to TMLogScan, need input from server ops
KiLlEr
posted April 23, 2003 12:08 PM            
BZP has been bugging me to add the ability to keep track of Frags, Deaths and Suicides on a weapon by weapon basis.

The only thing that kept me from adding this feature is that I have no way of identifying the weapon from the "you've been killed with xxx" message which is created from the projectile's name. This problem is further agrivated by the fact that not all projectiles originate from weapons, and several projectiles can originate from a single weapon.

I thought of writing some code to scan the ent files when I encounter a weapon that I donot have a cross reference for, but this would bring a server down to its knees.

The only way I can add this feature (and I know some of you will spontanously drool when you read this post) is to have the server ops check thier log files for a certain message, do the actual research and enter in the name of the weapon.

The system will automagically generate a stub for the weapon so we won't loose any data.

BZP is currently going through a lot of the weapons and making an excel sheet for me to feed into this cross reference table, but I can't ask him to go through every weapon in existance.

The other option would just be to use the projectile name. But unless a player is familiar with all the weapons availible, they won't know what weapon was actually sed. In the case of multiple projectiles from a single weapon (i.e. Das Tornado), it would be nice to reslve it to the weapon name that appears on the screen.

IP:

coaxs
posted April 23, 2003 11:05 PM            
I could of sworn Dreamer already made a code that would read the server op window and tally the frags per weapon?

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 24, 2003 08:54 AM            
Yes, you feed a webpage with a complete log and it would give you an analysis. Mine is being performed realtime.

IIRC, his only does a limited number of weapons (all stock and a few mods).

Mine would need to handle everything.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted April 24, 2003 01:48 PM            
Just so you know Joey, I contacted BZP and he will let me know what he needs later

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 25, 2003 01:27 AM            
It's done! Looks cool to see what you get zapped by or what you zap with the most!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 25, 2003 01:28 AM            
BTW...what's the link to that webpage or proggie?

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 25, 2003 09:36 AM            
I have one more subpage to do and I'll be rolling out the new Server list screen by the weekend.

TMLogScan 3.2.5 we rolled out last night so all the servers that run TMLogscan should be updated by now, and transmitting the extra information to the LogScan website.

[This message has been edited by KiLlEr (edited April 25, 2003).]

IP: