|
Author Topic:   Best new mod server: 81weapons & pwrups
coaxs
posted April 20, 2003 01:13 AM            
I haven't been on such a fun mod server in a long time. I suggest everyone try it out at some point. There are a lot of your favorite old weapons on it like the tri-mirv-nuke and a lot of new weapons like the carpet bomber. Thankyou for putting the new server up.

Ras you definately should make it into a SSO server pack and have it available to download so us 56kers can connect with less synching time. Maybe Kong can host it?

[This message has been edited by coaxs (edited April 20, 2003).]

IP:

Irascible
posted April 20, 2003 03:04 AM            
It was as low as 56 weapons and power ups. It was in the low 70's just a few days ago. There isn't a whole lot left that can be done SSO. But I'm still not done tweaking. If Kong wants to host an unfinished product, we can set that up. Othewise we'll wait for just a bit.

And I wish to holy heck people would give me some suggestions. I had exactly one: put the sight to the gunship and tree maker out farther. Someone else countered that it was more fun with up close action. Other than that, nothing. With all the brain power out there, I know there's more suggestions to be had. Keep in mind that the ultimate goal is that I want it to be fun. With all the testing I've been doing, I'm not sure what's fun and what's not. I'm sick of the whole thing!

Color, shape, size, weapon count, damage ability, reload time, guidance, graphic effects... the list is endless. Give a brother some help! And along those lines, I ask forgiveness from and the indulgence of any mod maker that sees an altered version of their hard work. As I've said to quite a few people, I'm just a mod modder. Custom meshes and all that jazz is beyond me at this point.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited April 20, 2003).]

IP:

Teulk
posted April 20, 2003 03:57 AM            
OK..here's a question regarding the 3 second cruise ( I think)...what is it supposed to do?? Strictly for close range , or what?? Just like to know how and when to use it.
The laser nukes go where, exactly, guided or not??
Just a few for tonight...it's 4 am, and I gotta ZZZZZ.
Great server though...had a blast..

IP:

Irascible
posted April 20, 2003 04:37 AM            
Anything with a sight shoots absolutely straight with no guidance. The one klik cruise goes a kilometer in 3 seconds. So it's medium range but definitely no good up close.

IP:

coaxs
posted April 20, 2003 06:05 AM            
Something about hitting your opponent with the other 3 cruise missles while he/she is spinning in the air is just more attractive somehow.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

corpse
posted April 20, 2003 08:54 AM            
what are the AL's set at?
trun them up alittle more

IP:

KONG
posted April 20, 2003 10:35 AM            
quote:
And I wish to holy heck people would give me some suggestions.

Welcome to the club

IP:

Irascible
posted April 20, 2003 12:59 PM            
I think I'll slow the cuise down a bit so it can respond better. I duuno about AL, but the AI's are set to 1.0. ;^) That's the highest setting - unless 0 and 1 mean the opposite of what I think.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 20, 2003 02:22 PM            
What would happen if you set it to like, 500000000000000000000.0?

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 20, 2003 03:19 PM            
They would attack anyone with the name of Scrap Metal!

Actually, it wouldn't be any different if you just set it fer 1.0.

IP:

wolfman
posted April 21, 2003 06:46 AM            
Hiya Ras
Got a copy of the MX Cannon and he also sent a copy of the Vertical Avenger. Send me an email and I will send em to you - shadowwolf69@hotmail.com Thanks JT

IP:

mELON cRACKER
posted April 23, 2003 05:26 AM            
I agree completely. This is my favorite new server. My favorite new weapon is the Gravity Bang (or is it Gravity Bomb). The effect seems to be a lot like having a huge invisible fist slam down on the top of your tank repeatedly. I Love It! The graphic effects are nice too, especially from a little ways back.
One thing I have been waiting for is to see GoldAnt on the server. I have been wanting to see what he would do when hit with the Gravity weapon for the first time. As improbable as it sounds, I think it may leave him.........

speechless!

[BWL]mELONcRACKER

[This message has been edited by mELON cRACKER (edited April 23, 2003).]

IP:

Irascible
posted April 23, 2003 08:11 PM            
Gold Ant speechless? Pfft.

Thank Dudymas for the weapon. What's on my server is not quite the original, but it's close. In fact, it's been altered for the exact event that you were involved in Melon. Let the original weapon hit a plasma shield just right and it brings down the server with a geometric growth of projectiles. Lot's of fun.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 23, 2003 10:51 PM            
Add some mod tanks to it.

You know I always have to ask.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 23, 2003 11:01 PM            
HEY!!!!!!!! AI - "TEENAGE ANGST" SCRAP METAL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!1

IP:

posted April 23, 2003 11:29 PM            
Hey...Ras...is there an AI tank name for me???

IP:

Irascible
posted April 23, 2003 11:30 PM            
Yes Scrap and yes Devil.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 24, 2003 12:02 AM            
What evidence do you have to support me being an "angst"?!?!??!?!!??!?

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted April 24, 2003 01:55 PM            
I think the evidence is: !?!?!???!?!?!??!?!

IP:

coaxs
posted April 24, 2003 03:04 PM            
Yup if "?!?!??!?!!??!?" doesn't prove it I don't know what would.

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

Teulk
posted April 24, 2003 05:06 PM            
The proof was the inclusion of the "1" at the end of "?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!1"
Now that's conclusive..

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 24, 2003 07:17 PM            
Dude, do you even know what angst means? I actually looked it up. It means a feeling of anxiety and depression. Now how exactly does being a little pissed off prove that?!

IP:

Irascible
posted April 24, 2003 07:50 PM            
lololol

Trying to tell an angst ridden yute that he's angst ridden is like trying to convince a crazy man that he's crazy. But I'm glad you like the AI names.

IP:

Teulk
posted April 24, 2003 09:39 PM            
And now he's got angst about angst...how fitting.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted May 11, 2003 11:42 PM            
Hi Irascible!

Your server's been up for a while and it runs good. Are you iterested in geting it listed on TMLogScan?

IP: