This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

|
Author Topic:   "Blow it out yur A?? Par I'm so sick of yur waffeling" -Guido
Irascible
posted April 19, 2003 03:25 PM            
You'll have to forgive me for quoting Guido in the subject line. But I had the feeling that few saw and recognized the quote for what it was. And I've had it. He should go permanently in his current as well as all discovered future forms.

Is it not clear that he will insult anyone that gets more attention and/or respect than he? And since almost everyone DOES get more respect or attention than him, he sooner or later gets around to insulting... everyone.

He insulted modders for what they do - and in the process tried using the memory of Seumas to bolster his argument. He attacked minorities for simply being. He's argued with and attacked ALL the prominent players like Supe and Coax that have posted here. There's been quite a few other tasteless things that few saw because they were quickly edited out by admins. Now he goes after Par??? Ask yourself why. I can think of no other who has been more selfless and gracious to this group than Par. The obvious reason is that Guido has severe character issues stemming in part from extremely low self-esteem. While I can sympathize with his need for therapy, I can't excuse the behavior that he brings here.

The only reason I can think of that this is tolerated is because of the overwhelming desire by the admins to appear "fair". There have been a few that, having similar character problems themselves, attacked the admins when they've attempted to maintain civility - something that most forums lack and so it shocks Guido types when it is strived for. Birds of a feather... But "fairness" to reprobates almost always backfires. This is no exception.

Granted, in the grand scheme of Guido vulgarities, that quote ranks low. But it makes my blood boil when the cowardly b@st@rd attacks someone who has NEVER been offensive in ANY way on this board. Par has only contributed and contributed greatly.

It's not my decision of course. And I can't wait for the mindless diatribe that is coming. Guido will claim that it's the almighty powers that be trying to squash a free voice. Or he'll claim it was shtick. Or he'll claim freedom of speech. Of course, this is a privately owned forum with no such right. Whatever. Straight thinkers know that what I'm saying is true. It takes less than 60 seconds to act on that truth.

To give the quote better context should the big one delete it from the clan war thread, here it is:

quote:
Why are DDM's or Clan wars up to the whim of Paranor ?????? He's just a guy from Wisconsin , a real Cheese head , Why does everyone have to grovel before the great cheese head ?????? We have fine servers on the net , certainley his server is not his , that's why we must beg to have time on it . Blow it out yur A?? Par I'm so sick of yur waffeling , Say it ..... don't Spray it hehe , to hold a whole bunch of players at yur whim is very totalitarian , Get with the deal pillow biter

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted April 19, 2003 04:49 PM            
Coax has already begun the process to block Guido from the forums and although I have not spoken with him yet I concur heartily with doing so. Permanently I believe is the best remedy at this point and follows what he had been warned the last time we let him back in. His politics, ethics (one chokes on that), and his ego will not let him act as a normal person who can discuss with normalcy most any subject. His time is past and I hope he realizes why but I am sure it will not occur to him that he could possibly be responsible for his own situation. Well when he reads this maybe it will give him pause to rethink that, but I doubt it. The offensive remarks have most all been edited out, but the result of the post itself will be banning him from this forum.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

KONG
posted April 19, 2003 05:02 PM            
Good, he had his chance

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 19, 2003 05:10 PM            
mr.big's privilege to post has been rescinded again. He broke LDA's "Rules, Policies, and Disclaimers" with posts about masturbation and homosexuality that have been deleted. Sailor and I have been given a free hand from LDA to deal with this repeat offender. He will remain permanently banned.

IP:

corpse
posted April 19, 2003 05:28 PM            
i give him a week
he'll be back new name new ip
but same e-mail address
just like last time
so is there a reward for the person who finds him 1st?

IP:

Bonzo Dog
posted April 19, 2003 05:42 PM            
The only reason I can think of that this is tolerated is because of the overwhelming desire by the admins to appear "fair". There have been a few that, having similar character problems themselves.

There are a few3 who think the same of you Irasable but wonder why you feel the need to say it. You may be pretty clever but bull**** is bull**** however you dress it. Apart from that bit i think your post is pretty sound.

IP:

Irascible
posted April 19, 2003 06:52 PM            
There's a few who think I have low character Bonzo? Duh. Anyone who speaks their mind forcibly will inevitably offend someone - especially when the speaker lacks diplomatic balm. The offended inevitably attack with often specious arguments. All part of God's... err, the Devil's grand design.

The reason to say it is apparent. Anyone one specific transgression can be explained away and apologized for. But by citing a behavior pattern that has been relatively constant and unacceptable, the point can be made that those transgressions stem from poor character. Someone with occasionally poor judgement can be dealt with. Someone who's just a bad person should expelled.

Sure, some people's sense of etiquette causes them consternation when they see a bluntly spoken argument. The British deserve kudos for their legendary sense of etiquette. But it's a lot easier to solve a problem when it's assessed bluntly than when it's danced around. IMO, of course.

As far as bovine excrement goes, please point it out and it will be removed immediately. I never read Cosmo, GQ or any other pop culture garbage. So I really have no idea how to dress it.

Apart from those bits, I too think your post is pretty sound. Could we be witnessing the beginnings of a mutual admiration society? LOL.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 19, 2003 10:15 PM            
Appart from reading between the lines and observing a drawn comparison, im unsure weather to be offended or admissive of that statement....

Not that it matters but worth pointing out.

quote:

i give him a week
he'll be back new name new ip
but same e-mail address
just like last time
so is there a reward for the person who finds him 1st?

New ip - go by a proxy like guardster
New Email - Go via Hotmail / Yahoo
New Ident - Immagination

Anyone determined to post.. will post - sad fact but its there, anyone resourceful enough will always find a way. The only hope is that he doesnt know how to clear his cookies after recieving the ban on his cookie update when next visiting the board.

And however many squabbles myself and the topic starter may have, i do concur with his initial post text.

Tollerance is a fair thing, but Bonzo has a fair point also; and all contextual information re:that is pondered at times.

IP:

corpse
posted April 19, 2003 10:37 PM            
so is there a reward for the 1st person to find him?

HELP me i've been quoted!

IP:

coaxs
posted April 19, 2003 11:16 PM            
LoL, if he does come back and someone does find him out, I'll give them something special I suppose.

IP:

A2597
posted April 19, 2003 11:35 PM            
I volenteer my Lollie...

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 20, 2003 12:11 AM            
*heavy sigh combined with groan* OH GOD NOT THIS AGAIN...

Honestly, I feel I must say this. I trade far worse that this with my friends on a daily basis. but racism must not be tolerated.

IP:

Teulk
posted April 20, 2003 12:27 AM            
Sorry to hear that...no one should be trading any of this with anyone..
A shame that it has reared it's ugly head once again, I agree. But, sadly, desperate times call for desperate measures, and I, for one, am all for it, if, that indeed, is the only way of dealing with the problem.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted April 20, 2003 05:13 AM            
Maybe I have been in Berkeley too long. While I certainly don't agree with what mr BIG has posted (I love you Par ), it generally doesn't get my dander up as much as it does with some of you. In that quoted thread where mr BIGs post no longer exists, I did post a reply supporting Par and why the clan server is at HIS beck and call. I am NOT complaining about that set up and truly appreciate all that PAR has done for this community.
I agree with much of what RAS has posted, though. Mostly I think the reason why I don't mind mr BIG so much is because the admins have cleaned up after him so quickly and I haven't seen the "true" substance of his posts.
Ultimate call does lie with the LDA admins and I fully support them in the decision they feel must be made. Thank you Coax and Sailor for doing a job so well.

IP:

Blue n Gold Sue
posted April 20, 2003 05:20 AM            
quote:
Anyone determined to post.. will post - sad fact but its there

If mr Big does create a new account and begins to post again, he will have a chance to start fresh. I have a feeling that *anyone* (remember a rose by any name would smell as sweet) who posts with such blatant disregard for a forum's posted set of rules would also be banned. Bottom line is that me BIG ultimately gets to decide if he wants to be part of this community. mr BIG knows the rules and it is only mr BIG who is breaking them. He has only HIMSELF to blame. The admins are only enforcing a set of rules by which we all must abide (how is that for not dangling my participle? )and the rest of us here also chose to abide by those self-same rules.

IP:

wolfman
posted April 20, 2003 07:56 AM            
Yesterday morning I was on the servers playing and guido came on for a bit. He was rational and mellow at first and then went downhill from there. He asked if he and corpse could join the LWA. I asked him could he really behave and follow the few simple guidelines / rules there are. He stated that he just tells the truth (sic). I stated to him that one can talk and be blunt but not be offensive and he replied as you would think. I told him I would forward his request but that he pretty much had stated that he could not follow anyone else's rules etc and there was not much hope for him - whew. He is definitely fun to play with but he needs to learn to just be quiet. This is not a place for offensive and hateful language. He got all pissy for awhile with me etc etc. Would have to agree that if he can't tone it down and grow up he should not post on the BBS. Just my 2 cents worth. JT

IP:

wolfman
posted April 20, 2003 07:59 AM            
Just want to reiterate that at no time was Guido told by me that he could join - he asked this specific question and I informed him that I did not have that authority and did not hold out much hope for him to be accepted because of his hateful nature at times. JT

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 20, 2003 08:58 AM            
Nononono. I mean that we aren't serious. We're just teasing eachother. It's sort of an ongoing competition. "Who can think the fastest and come out on top?" Maybe he just thinks that way.

Something else just came to me, what if he has a drinking problem? Most of the time he seems normal enough, but every once in a while we have a problem. Like his judgemen is impared and he decides that maybe it won't matter if he stops holding back his comments.

IP:

KONG
posted April 20, 2003 10:40 AM            
http://treadmarks.ath.cx/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=any;action=display;num=1042868826

He knows what he is doing is wrong.

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited April 20, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited April 20, 2003).]

IP:

Paranor
posted April 20, 2003 09:53 PM            
What did I miss? I've been absent for about 2 months now.

IP:

Sage
posted April 20, 2003 11:41 PM            
Seems like I've missed alot

What.....Guido Returns????? Causing havock?
Hahahaahahahaha, this is funny

IP:

Irascible
posted April 21, 2003 01:12 AM            

IP:

Karldar
posted April 25, 2003 10:34 AM            
LOL! You silly, Ras...

IP:

=DNX= Dalmatian
posted April 26, 2003 02:22 AM            
Guido
Two trailer park girls go round the outside,
round the outside, round the outside.
Two trailer park girls go round the outside,
round the outside, round the outside.

Female Voice
"Ooooohhhhh!"

Guido
Guess who's back, back again
Guido's back, tell a friend
Guess who's back, guess who's back,
guess who's back, guess who's back,
guess who's back, guess who's back,
guess who's back...

Verse 1:
I've created a monster, cuz nobody wants to
mr.BIG no more they want Guido
I'm chopped liver
Well if you want Guido, then this is what I'll give ya
A little bit of weed mixed with some hard liquor
Some vodka that will jumpstart my heart quicker
Then a shock when I get shocked at the hospital
By the Dr. when I'm not cooperating

IP:

posted April 26, 2003 02:27 AM            
Ras said:
quote:
All part of God's... err, the Devil's grand design.

Well, I am always the last one to know about these things.

Will someone mind clueing me in on what the grand design is?

[This message has been edited by 666 (edited April 26, 2003).]

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2