|
Author Topic:   My sad news re LAN party #4
Blue n Gold Sue
posted April 18, 2003 06:02 AM            
You guys remember the nice photos I took near the end of the evening? I even got the group shot (x 2). . .well I packed that camera in my suitcase with that media card still in it and I hadn't downloaded the pictures yet to my hard drive. Suitcases aren't allowed to be locked any longer due to "security risks". My suitcase, when I unpacked it, had a nice little government pamphlet in it, saying it had been opened and inspected for security reasons, and if there were any problems to call this 800 number (which only lets you leave a message- after 4 messages I stopped calling and will take up this matter now that I am home) The problem was that my camera was no longer in my suitcase (!@$@#&#). Insurance will cover the camera - besides we went out and bought a new one right away - but the pictures are gone, Gone, GONE!! Sorry, guys. I was kinda hoping that I had left the camera here on my desk or on my bed, but nope, it is gone. Next time the pics get downloaded right away.

IP:

posted April 18, 2003 06:41 AM            
Yep...sorry here also. But when you think of it, it's a good scam...we are hundreds of miles away in Hawai'i and there was nothing that we could do about it.

The good news is that in Hawai'i, if they inspect you bags, you are allowed to lock them right after the inspection. Just need to get Oakland airport to adopt that policy.

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted April 18, 2003 11:02 PM            
No loss - nobody needed to see my old face anyway - LOL Might have been some good pics of the others though - sorry for that.
Oh yes thank you again for the mug with the stars etched around it - I like it. Should enjoy it for years to come.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea a cool breeze at your back and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.
Sailor's Home Port

IP:

Irascible
posted April 18, 2003 11:31 PM            
Boo!

(*wait... that means I also don't have to endure my picture being posted*)

Yay!

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 19, 2003 12:21 AM            
HAHA! You will never get a picture out of me! Actually, that's because I don't have a digital camera or webcam.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 20, 2003 02:20 PM            
Moral of this story:

NEVER pack electronics in a suitcase!
Always put them in a carry on bag that way none of them underpaid, unsuprevised, stickfingered "inspectors" can get thier greedy hands on it.

IP:

Paranor
posted April 20, 2003 09:56 PM            
amen to that. On my last trip my laptop bag just made the measurement minimums. I had my digi camera, extra batteries, web cam, etc.

IP: