|
Author Topic:   I AM IN SNOWBOARDING BLISS!!!!!
Scrap Metal
posted April 05, 2003 12:09 AM            
I just got back from the Smuggler's Notch Ski resort in Vermont! We spent a week up there and we got like TWO FEET OF FRESH SNOW!!!! Aside from having prime snowboarding conditions the snow was great padding for those first three days when I was learning! There was more that I was going to say here but I have been trying to remember what it was for five minutes now and can't. Must be fried from the five hour layover in Boston...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 08, 2003 12:44 AM            
NO replies? Boo-hoo you people aren't happy for me...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 08, 2003 12:45 AM            
OR, are you... JEALOUS?!! lol

IP:

Teulk
posted April 08, 2003 02:51 PM            
Glad you enjoyed...
However, personally, I'm sick to death with the snow. Just got some more, rain-froze-over-snow with more snow and another layer of frozen rain thrown in.
No way to shovel THAT crap off the driveways or sidewalks. There were people using pick-axes, spades and sledgehammers...
Enough is enough.

But I really hope you had a GREAT time..

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 08, 2003 05:04 PM            
Ya, same here. Time to break out the C4......

IP:

Teulk
posted April 08, 2003 06:00 PM            
Not sure the neighbours would be happy, but then, anything to get rid of this crap--I mean--you surely can't call it SNOW...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 08, 2003 10:12 PM            
You remind me of us! "I'm sick of all this heat and sunny weather!"

Since it's ice and snow, I would say break out the napalm! you can melt the snow so it runs away on it's own! Now it's the problem of they gu who lives on the low ground... FIRE IN THE HOLE!

IP:

A2597
posted April 08, 2003 10:41 PM            
I love to Snowboard.

I live in Florida.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

corpse
posted April 08, 2003 11:55 PM            
no snowboard for me .
i love to wakeboard, good thing i live on a lake

------------------
if you cant dance with the dead , get out of my coffin !

IP:

Teulk
posted April 08, 2003 11:56 PM            
I, too, love to snowboard, ski-doo, downhillslalomcrosscountrytobogganiceskatecurlsnowsnakebiathalon...I live in Canada...
I WOULD APPRECIATE swimmingtanningrollerbladingstreethockeytennisracquetballsquashbasketballbaseballbadminton and the like...
BRING ON THE SUN...my vitamin d is down, and the meds are winning..
I would also appreciate a real good car wash..you know..a hand wash...real soap a soft cloth and a chamois...even maybe a coat of wax to top it all off--right in the comfort of my driveway, assissted by my all-time favourite BREW..
Not too much to ask, I don't think....before the cabin fever really sets in, and the February blahs take over for the fourth time since March!!!!!
Speaking of meds, TTFN, must liberate my mind...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 09, 2003 04:06 PM            
A2597, I live in Florida too. It's strange isn't it? the people from up north come down here, and we go up there. And we all call each other crazy for it.

How hot does it get in the summer in Canada? If you want a tan, come down here to Miami. But I must warn you, since you're from up north, you are probably very pale. And because of this you will get a tan and then most of it will peel off with your bordering-on-second-degree sunburn. (sunscreen only goes so far) Now that's a happy thought!

IP:

Teulk
posted April 09, 2003 04:14 PM            
Last year we had 4 +100 degree days (factor in the humidity on top)...so we get the heat frok time to time. As for the sun tan, I'll leave that to the beach bums .. enjoy it for me!!
Right now, we've got a cool 35 degrees, the snows pouring off the rooves in rivers, and we're hoping to see 50 by the end of the week. Hopefully, that will clear out the snow for 2003. No promises there, though...here, you never know. Five years ago we had snow on Mothers day.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 09, 2003 08:02 PM            
JEEZ, it dosn't get much hotter than that down here.

That's not cool. Cool is like, 75, and even that can get to be cold. your talkin' about freezing, curl-up-and-die temperatures!

IP:

Teulk
posted April 09, 2003 08:06 PM            
Yowsah...8 months a year!!!!!

IP:

A2597
posted April 10, 2003 02:15 AM            
60* F = shorts and short sleeves.

seriously, it was 15*, three feet of snow, and I'm in short sleeves...LOL the locals called me nuts.
(Visiting grandparents up north)

27* with no snow I went golfing. Although the hard ground and unforgiving clubs didn't help..I'm used to a graphite shaft...used a steel one up there.. OWI

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 10, 2003 07:28 PM            
Your nuts!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted April 14, 2003 09:51 PM            
"the grass is always greener on the other hill"

--some famous person that was to lazy to write his name here.

hehe, makes sesne that the people up north like it down in the south, for example I love a good bit of snow (not much, just a nice thin layer.) but we never get that, its only snowed once or twice here where I live in CA.

IP:

Teulk
posted April 15, 2003 05:39 PM            
Just an update

Freak weather for Toronto today...80 degrees!!!Going down to 34 tonight...go figure!!!

IP: