|
Author Topic:   TM2
AncientOfDays
posted March 31, 2003 03:25 PM         
*Looks Left*
*Looks Right*

I know it should be around here somewhere by now.

Surely this isn't the forum for the ancient TM1+

IP:

kv
posted March 31, 2003 06:30 PM            
yes, this be it.

------------------
Don't want to join a clan with so many requirements? Join LWA. Enrolement is open. Just contact any member listed on the LWA page and check out our new forums: http://home.woh.rr.com/kvorlon/LWA.htm

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 05, 2003 12:01 AM            
You're not wasting any time trying to recruit there are you?

What's the story with TM 2 anyway? It's gonna be for more than just ps2 right? Cause I will never desert my GameCube.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 05, 2003 09:56 PM            
It was (as of over 6 months ago) supposed to be for the PS2 and Windows. PS2 version coming a couple months ahead of the Windows version. Of course...who knows where it stands by now...I haven't seen Jim on AIM in a very long time...

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 06, 2003 12:20 AM            
Strange, I would have thought that TM2 would be on a more powerful system. TM1, as AncientOfDays said, is "ancient" and yet I would say that the graphics still keep up with the new games, if just barely.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted April 06, 2003 09:17 AM            
Theres TM for PS2 by Tantalus coming out soon, not TM2. TM2 (we hope) will start work later this year at LDA. As for the graphics, if you have some creativity and a copy of a decent paint package you can upgrade the graphics yourself, the engine needs some attention though....

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 06, 2003 03:15 PM            
Yeah...Matrix said it. The engine has problems with very sharp elevation slope changes (vertical points and holes). Though most of the problems with the engine are fairly minor...I mean, did they really expect tanks to fly so high that they could no longer see the terrain? - simple fix is to put a bottom on the skybox...which they don't have right now. You still won't see the terrain, but at least it will be not screwing arround with textures anymore. The other thing I have noticed that could be done for TM2 is improve the gameplay/gamespeed for maps larger than 1024x1024. As is, maps 2048x2048 tend to be noticably slower, even on very good systems.

A few things I wouldn't mind seeing - real damaging terrain that doesn't lag the server...unlike my crud based damage . Ability to modify the crud for individual tanks. Maybe an expansion of 2 mount types: Defensive and Offensive. You can only have 1 of each and you can't have both at the same bolt-on point. That way Sheilds, Health Chargers, Afterburners, etc don't block the ability to have decent weapons...and have the Offensive and Defensive weapons fire seperately (ehe main gun would be considered an offensive weapon as far as what takes precedence is concerned).

IP:

A2597
posted April 06, 2003 05:03 PM            
I'm already working on improving the graphics...

fixing the terrain, grass anyway, MAY be impossible...it gets messed up.

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

Flying Tanks and Cookie Dough?
Oh, wait, no. If tanks were ment to fly they would have been born with little bags of salted peanuts.

IP:

KiLlEr
posted April 06, 2003 05:13 PM            
I used checkpoints that spawn large sized negative health power ups (that are invisible) on the TeamCTF death island map instead of crud. No lag problems with that.

IP:

coaxs
posted April 06, 2003 07:46 PM            
test

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 06, 2003 10:37 PM            
When? Where? Over what?

That's not fair, coaxs! No pop quizzes...even if it's on what's her name!!

IP:

Random Chaos
posted April 07, 2003 01:56 AM            
*watches BZP impode*

IP:

coaxs
posted April 08, 2003 12:57 AM            
Woops, I was suppose to delete that at some point. We were trying to figure out the port# for the LAN party, and had no clue on how to get it.

IP:

Sage
posted April 21, 2003 03:44 PM            
Hopefully it'll come out for Xbox too Man that would be awesome if TM-Comp players could play with TM-X players could play together.

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 21, 2003 04:01 PM            
They should make a version for GameCube. It's the most powerfull of the three systems and could really do something with the seemingly endless potential of TM's graphics. It also has internet capabilities. Is PS2 online? It would be awsome if all four platforms could communicate!

IP:

BamZipPow
posted April 21, 2003 10:05 PM            
You know the console players will cry all day long when they start losing...

IP:

CyberCannon
posted April 22, 2003 12:20 AM            
BZP, your not suggesting that console players might not understand the difference between playing against AIs and humans are you. :O

------------------
An Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again.
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

CC

IP:

Scrap Metal
posted April 22, 2003 04:23 PM            
Us console players generally pick stuff up pretty quick. Some of us become masters in a matter of days- or hours. After a while, you just become good at all video games right off the bat.

It will definately be different trying to drive the tanks with analog controlls.

IP: